Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

February 2018 Babies

124»

Replies

• Oh bless her!! We have started to give teddy some porridge in the mornings and he finds it hilarious. 

We are seeing a cranial osteopath on Tuesday as Teddy is not napping at all during the day which as you can imagine is making him so grumpy. if he does sleep he can’t be put down as he wakes screaming... it’s also meant to help with reflux so we shall see! 

• Awww ive struggled to find a baby rice flo can have as we have to make sure it has no allergens in it. Some say "may contain milk" but not sure if i want to risk it. My new blender will be here soon so ill probably make most of her food 😊 started with some fruits  

Oh no poor bubs and you! Cant imagine how hard that is for u. How does he sleep during the night? Hope they can help 🤞 let us no how u get on 

• Oh yeah there’s no point risking it just in case. We have tried some fruit purée but mainly sticking with once a day at the moment as he’s only four months but milk doesn’t seem to be doing it for him! 

It is so frustrating to say the least.. all I want is for him to be Able to be put down for an hours nap 🙈 Doing any house work or god forbid anything for me is impossible! So jealous of all the babies that go down for naps lol. Fingers crossed this therapy works :) At night he is in his sleep bag and he just screams until he falls asleep. Once asleep he has to stay in our arms for about an hour and then can put him down. For some reason this doesn’t work in the day..!

• Hanny, I can sympathise kind of. Maisie can be difficult where she will fall asleep on me but the second I put her down, crib, swing anywhere, she wakes up. But she doesn't cry so I just leave her to it but there have been times I've sat for 3 hours for her to nap on me purely because she needed to sleep!! I hope the therapy works for you though hun, I can relate kind of but it doesn't sound like what you're going through :( he will grow out of it though hun xx

Jane, I completely agree.. with Flo's allergies, you're probably safer making her food for her. You know exactly what's going in there then .. I know it will probably be time consuming but it's also a lot healthier!! 

When did you both start on weaning? I'm so excited to start but Maisie is only 14 weeks lol xx

• Ive ordered some small containers so i can just make bulk and freeze so will be pretty easy but we eat healthy so she can just have the meals we have so long as she can . I only started yest as was told i can. (19weeks) she had some peaches at lunch time and I'll keep building it up till she has more. She would have taken loads more but didnt wanna over do it x

• Hello! Do you have any wise words of advice, or even a little hand hold for this mum who is trying to get her baby of 4.5months to self-settle in his cot. Maybe you've been through something similar? You can find her thread here - we're sure she'd appreciate any support you can give. 

• Hi guys I haven’t received any notifications lately for here and I just logged on and seen I’ve missed so much 🤦‍♀️ I’m sorry. I’ll catch up soon!i hope you’re all going good!

Del and Evie turned 6 months old on the 16th. The are so incredibly different it’s amazing. Delilah is a lot quieter and very into people-she loves to chat to you and stare into your eyes. She’s getting loads better at eating food (she wasn’t really ready a few weeks ago but she’s a champ now and eating more each day). She’s not as mobile and rolls occasionally onto her back from her tummy but that’s about it. She’s really good at settling herself at night too. Her kidney surgery a while back went well and it looks like it’s fixed the problem- we have another checkup in September so fingers crossed! 

Evelyn is a mad thing and way ahead of her 6 months (5 corrected) - she rolls back and forth and tries to crawl. She can’t sit still and she’s always smiling and cooing and sticking her tongue out- she’s really cheeky! She doesn’t want to be held - she actually

Tries to use you as a jumperoo and bounces - like full on jumps 😂 She eats amazingly. Shockingly well. She’s been doing this literally since day one - for example for lunch she’ll eat 3 small pouches worth of food. I don’t know where she puts it she’s scrawny (she used to be the fat one)! She takes a bit longer to settle as she likes to roll around but she’s good ocne she’s down. 

They sleep from about 6:30pm till 6:30am- thank god because my days are long and so busy! And hard. I’ve almost sorted their routine which is slowly changing- the food is really making them nap more as they eat more. Im constantly on my toes trying to work them out and try and keep them in sync! That’s the hardest part with twins. Keeping them in sync is so much easier! I’m exhausted and I can’t wait till they are bigger like their brother and can feed themselves and take long naps! :) I’m very lucky though thankgod. We are very hands off with them at sleep times and always have been. We go up to settle them by patting them occasionally and putting a dummy back in but there it. I refuse to rock them - sounds cruel but it’s worked- I’d rather them cry for an hour.and they did initially. But they’ve learned to settle themselves with the dummy and a comforter. 

I’m finally getting some help though (I have no one really and it’s awful some days I’ll be honest- my almost two year old is hellish a lot of the time) my mum is coming over from Australia to stay for month and I’m so excited to have time to do some things for me! And go on outings like swimming and to the park with all three kids! Here’s some pics of them 💜💜imageimageimage (Evie is the cheeky one as you can probs tell!)

• We have started them on baby rice or porridge, and veggies. I’m being mean and not giving any fruit for the first month so they’re sruck with veggies! They go mad for butternut squash and sweet potato as they are sweet and I roast them so that makes them even sweeter! Ive cooked a whilw freezer drawer of fruit puréea ready for next month and I can’t wait! I’m introducing chicken this week too mixed in with the veggies so hopefully they’ll nap longer with all that protein :) 

• Hi all, wondering if you can help with this weaning question about meal times - we reckon you might have the answers! The mum's thread is here 😊 Thank you! 

• Hi everyone, we reckon you guys are getting in to weaning, so we're hoping you might be able to offer this mum some advice - she's just started weaning and isn't sure she's giving enough food. You can find her thread here. We're sure she'd appreciate any words of advice.