Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

March 2018 Babies

Replies

• Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well. How did all the first immunisations go? Amelia still hasn't had hers yet as we went to her check up before the jabs and she had a really bad cough that I wanted checked, doctor ended up sending us to the hospital as she had bronchiolitis :( she was poorly for a few weeks but is back to herself now and has her jabs booked in for next week. 

We started our first class yesterday too. Amelia loved it and Aiden had a little play date with one of his friends while we were there so he loved it too! Can't believe Amelia is 11 weeks today, it's gone so quickly. image

• Aww dinky look at her in her summer dress she’s stunning. 

Were due our jabs on Tuesday 😬

Jack is now 11lbs 12oz and is in 3-6 for some clothes due to beeing tall. 

Hes smiling loads now and coos and chatters a lot more. Sleepings not to bad he can sleep from 9pm-2am most night lbs and then wakes for a feed before sleep again

heres a pic of his first smile  

• Hey ladies lovely to hear from you and hope you’re all well.

lovely pics, aren’t they all getting big! Jude is 10 weeks now. Jabs were done at 8 weeks and was as well as could be but he didnt feed well for about a week after which was hard. Sleep has improved for us too, only up once at night then he goes straight back down again. We still have him downstairs with us until we go to bed but he has started getting into a routine of falling asleep around 7.30-8pm for the rest of the evening so I think I might start putting him up to bed alone then dream feed him when I come to bed about 10-11pm. Anyone else doing that?

Here is my little Jude the dude 😍

• Hi everyone, just a quick one! We’re giving away an Amazon Fire HD8 tablet worth £99.99 on our Instagram page and this comp closes TOMORROW! To win it, just head to our Instagram page, make sure you are following the MadeForMums account, and leave a post on the competition post. 
    That’s it! Good luck. 
    (More details here

• Hello ladies - lovely to hear how you're all getting on. I've been rubbish at getting back here to update on us but will try harder in the future! I still haven't done my birth story but I've been starting to get a bit down about not getting the vaginal delivery like I wanted so I'm trying to avoid thinking too much about it. For some reason, my baby blues don't kick in until about 8 weeks pp!

Sinéad is now 9 weeks and 3 days old and life is wonderful with her here. She was slow to learn how to feed but I persevered and I can definitely feel like her latch has improved and feeds have sped up. Fiachra will smile at her when she's around but, on the whole isn't too bothered with her existence. I expect that to change when she's older and possibly stealing his toys! Immunisations went fine but we had a horrible time about 2 weeks ago when, after a rather sleepy day and reduced feeds, we took her temp and saw it was 37.8. Brought her to the GP where they told me to take her to the Hospital as they need to see babies under 3 months, By the time we got to the hospital, it had gone up to 38.7 so they requested to do a lumbar puncture, bloods and urine as there could be an infection. It was the worst experience I've ever had. Her screams will stay with me forever. They started antibiotics and, when nothing showed, they let us out the following day telling us it was probably just a cold. image She fed well once we were in hospital and continued to do so but she did drop a percentile which is disappointing so I'm topping her up with EBM in a bottle again and trying to get her back to normal. She's also on ranitidine for her reflux but it's a very low dose and that seems to be making her more comfortable too. She's fully recovered from her hospital stay now (I don't think I ever will) and has started to show us her personality a little bit now. She has the cutest smile and is only just learning to make sounds. I actually can't remember life without her. We also had lots of trouble with our nursery and F (they didn't want to take him due to his special needs) but hubby challenged them with the equality act and they've sorted themselves out now. I'm still not happy with them so just playing it by ear for now.

Kara - Jude is just gorgeous! How's big sis getting on with him? I'm starting to see a pattern with Sinéad falling asleep around 8 too so was planning on putting her upstairs in the next few days. We have a video monitor and mat so I'd feel like it was safe although, I'd probably just join her! Her sleep is good - she's definitely a better sleeper than F (only up once a night too) but I still find myself getting tired by 8PM!

MsP - how did jabs go? Jack looks gorgeous - how is life as a family of 3? That's a great weight! Sinéad is quite dinky - only 9lbs but gaining so we're not too worried.

Dinky - Amelia is gorgeous! Sorry to hear about her bronchiolitis - glad she's recovered well. How did everything go with the extra scans they needed to do once she was born?

I can't get any recent pics of Sinéad as my phone had to be repaired and I haven't managed to do a backup since I got it back. Will come back later with one!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Aww tayto all the faff must have been so annoying for you but at least Sinade is ok. 

Broke my heart to see him cry so hard after his jabs as he doesn’t really cry very much. He had a very sleepy day yesterday and a little sleep day today. He’s been very warm and a little cranky but I checked his temp and it was normal for him. So I’m just keeping an eye on him. 

We’ve just stared jack on gavisgon as he’s seams to have a bit of reflux that causes him to chew on saliver when he’s asleep. He’s also been spitting up a lot more than before so fingers crossed it helps. 

Cant believe he’s 8 weeks old all ready time is flying. 

Weve got a busy few weeks ahead of us. Jack and I have a photo shoot on the 7th I was hopeing for pics for hubby in time for Father’s Day but it’ll probably be to late for that. But then on the 18th we’re moving house. Hubby figured out that our house is a bit small for the 3 of us. We’ve been lucky to find one down the road which is bigger but now we have the whole issue of moving. thankfully my mum got the week off so whilst she sees to Jack I can run back and forth between the two houses to make sure it’s all set up. 

Were then off to the isle of Skye on the 18th of July for a week before attending a friends wedding. So before I know it it’ll be the end of the summer and Jack will be weaning. 

Little munkin is now a whopping 13lbs 1oz he’s a chunky monkey 

• Kara we've just started putting Amelia up to bed with the camera on the last few nights and it's gone ok so far. Aiden used to wake up for a feed whenever I went to bed when we did it with him but Amelia stays asleep...I've never tried a dream feed though so let me know how it works for you please. 

Tayto what a traumatizing experience that must have been! No wonder you are feeling a bit overwhelmed with it :( so glad to hear Sinéad is ok though. How are you feeling now? Hope you managed to get Fiachra's nursery sorted too. 

MrsP best of luck with the move. Hopefully you will be all settled in soon. Good to hear your mum has been able to help out.

Amelia's scans showed the fluid was still slightly elevated but they said it's likely that it's just normal for her and aren't concerned so would just monitor it. Then we got a letter in the post saying we were discharged with no further follow up. We were a bit confused by it so requested to speak to the consultant about it and finally managed to get an appointment for 14th June. 

• Hey ladies, lovely to see all the gorgeous bubbas! I can't believe how quickly time is passing 😕 Isla is already 14 weeks old and quite a little madam lol!

Weve had trouble with colic since week 4, constant inconsolable crying, green poo and generally pretty unsettled. She was ebf for 6 weeks but I panicked and thought the crying could be hunger. Health visitor suggested topping up with formula. Her weight gain has always been fine and on the same percentile. The formula made a slight difference but by week 10/11 I'd stopped breastfeeding completely and developed a bit of pnd 🙁 If I'm really honest, I've really struggled to adjust to life with two children and where their routines are so different it's ive found it pretty tough juggling everything... am I the only one? It doesn't help that Isla is a particularly demanding baby who is tricky to settle. im also gutted that Im not breastfeeding anymore and my milk has dried up now, it's affecting me really badly. I just burst into tears writing this 😢 Has anyone got any experience of their milk coming back after about 3 weeks no breastfeeding? I didn't intentionally stop it kind of just happened on its own and I really regret it! Having a really hard time but I'm not really one to talk about my issues with friends and family 🙁

Hope everyone is well ❤️

• Aww elexox, sending hugs and hope you are ok. It's definitely tough adjusting to life with 2 and I don't have school runs to contend with yet either. Don't beat yourself up about the breastfeeding, Isla is fed and that's all that matters :) If relactation is something you want to do though it is possible. I think it involves powerpumping around the clock and lots of skin on skin with baby. Can you find your local La Leche League, either online or on Facebook as they have loads of info on it and the doctors can sometimes give tablets to help too. I'm here if you ever need a chat? Aiden was a really difficult baby for constant crying and not settling so I've been there and done the whole pacing the floor crying my eyes out and feeling alone thing myself :( 

• Thanks so much dinky, I was having a particularly bad day and was just finding anything to stress about. I have had a deep think about things and Isla is happy with formula so why change things again now 🤷🏻‍♀️ Sorry to hear Aiden was tricky too, I guess its only a phase that will soon be just a memory 😄 How is little lady doing? 

xXx

• elexox, we are so glad to read you're feeling a bit better. I can totally sympathise with you as I went through something very similar with my first. Each day at a time. 

Hi everyone else too, how are you doing?

We have some new women on the forum who have some feeding questions - can you help? We're sure they'd appreciate any advice, or even just a hand hold, if you can. 

10 week old with really bad trapped wind - that thread is here. 

New mum to a 3 week old struggling to keep up with breastfeeding - can you help? 

• Elexox I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better today. We definitely all have those days where everything gets on top of us. Just know we are all hear if ever you feel like that again. 

Amelia is feeding every 3 hours atm which compared to Aiden when he was a baby is a dream but I think the extra pressures of an 18 month old on top is meaning I'm absolutely exhausted. The odd occasions we've tried a bottle she has taken it but I keep expressing so hubby can do a feed for me and I can have a bit sleep but he never does it and it's soul destroying how much milk I've had to chuck down the sink! But as you say elexox it's only ever just a phase. I'll be missing these night feeds and extra cuddles some day soon I bet. 

Thanks Danielle we are doing good! I keep meaning to take a picture of Amelia with her lovely comforter from MFM but Aiden keeps pinching it haha! 

• Oh elexox I’m sorry to hear you are feeling low. I didn’t breastfeed so I can’t really appreciate  you must be feeling but I sympathise with you and hope you are feeling a little better. As the other say as long as baby is happy and fed then it means you are doing a fantastic job

dinky I hope your consultant apt next week goes ok. I’m sorry to hear you haven’t quite got all the answers yet it must be a stress you don’t need

mrsp good luck with the move! How exciting 

good to hear you have moved baby upstairs tayto. I tried it last night but he just woke up after 10 mins as didn’t take as much of his milk as he normally would. I’ll try again tonight. He has his immunisations tomorrow again though so it might throw the routine out the window.

Jude has also suffered from colic since 3-4 weeks old. I also mistook the cries for hunger and kept offering milk but the crying just got worse. One time he was awake for 7 he’s straight just crying and moaning it was awful! I put him on dentinox colic drips which I add to every bottle now and it worked a treat! He gets wind up almost instantly now. I tried stopping it at one point as i thought he no longer needed it but we just went back to square one so he is back on it now. It’s a lifesaver!

• Thanks ladies, I really appreciate your kind words and it's comforting to know I'm not the only one... I've definitely been feeling more on top of things this week! Exercising and keeping up my swimming really helps. We're off to Spain for 18 days in 5 weeks time. We're staying at my partners aunties house so don't have to worry about hotel stuff. Does anyone have any advice for flying with a young baby? I'm a little bit apprehensive about the flight 🙈 Also... Are you allowed to take unopened tubs of formula in your suitcase? 

Dinky, ahhhh I know what you mean about tipping it down the sink 💔 It's must be tough having a toddler and newborn but I just imagine how close your little ones will be soon especially in a few years, first best friends 🤗 Fingers crossed your consultant appt goes well 🙂

Kara, aww poor Jude, it's awful seeing colic take over their little lives isn't it 😢 And totally frustrating when you just need a break from the blue murder screaming 😩 Glad you've found a solution though 😁

Isla has started to giggle now which is sooooo sweet. I managed to catch her first giggles on camera last night in bed when I was giving her lots of kisses 💜 She's been rolling front to back for a while now too. The HV said she is showing signs of trying to sit up by bracing forwards and pulling her legs up too. And she's very close to rolling back to front now as well. I find it fascinating how different babies can be, my son couldn't do back to front until about 5 months! And didn't fully sit up unaided until 7 months! 

• Elexox i'm glad that you seaam to be getting on top of things this week Sounds like you've had a tough start with Ilsa. I know how much of an ajustment motherhood is but to have all the issues you've had as well isn't pleasant. Keep your chin up things do get better xxx

We're traveling to the isle of Skye next month. were flying to Glasgow then heading up to Skye via car. When i spoke to Easy Jet they alow you to take 2 parts in the hold for your buggy so you can take the car seat as well as the buggy. You can also take as much food on as hang luggage to get you through the flight. I'm pretty sure you should be aloud to take baby formula in your suitcase as it's in the holdall. Looking at the gov's webite you can put the powder in your suitcase https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/baby-food-and-baby-milk. From reading online about travleing with a newborn , it advised to feed baby on take off and landing to help with ear bubbles. You can also pay for a seat for the baby if you have a front facing car seat they can sit in that in that seat, or you can just pay the tax for them to travle on your lap.

Our little man is 10 weeks tomorrow :O it's gone so fast can't believe it. We had a photo shoot yesterday as part of emma's diary so will be going back in 3 weeks to review the photots. then we have another in october which will be our family ones. Our little munkin is doing well at night and sleeps from 9pm till between 2 and 4am. then he normaly wakes between 5am and 7am then were up for the day. Hubby's really helping by splitting the night shifts with me. So this week he's on lates so doesn't get in till after 10pm so i then sleep till 4:30am so he can sleep before he starts work at 1:30pm.

Jack is smilling loads and has even tried to giggle on occasion. He's really not fussed on tummy time on the floor and really only like to be held to have tummy time. But he's doing well to support his neck i'm finding he's less like a bobble hed and more of a barbie doll with a loose neck- holds it up most of the time, but you have to just keep an eye on it. I don't think it'll be long before he staarts to roll over as he's starting to push up from the floor with his feet. His development is crazy. He's strting to follow his hands. One of his favorite things to do lately is to play with the sticky part of the nappy to the point he manage to undo it theother night sevril times lol. H elikes to pink his leg chub as well. Funny how hey have little quirks.

Hope you are all ding well  xx

• Thanks so much MrsP, I'll deffo bare those things in mind 😃 Sounds like jack is thriving! I hope your photos come out well, I do love a professional photo! jacks sleep routine sounds pretty similar to Islas. She goes down a little later though at about 10/10:30 then will wake between 3&4 but sometimes not until 6! And then were up for the school run by 7 😂 It's so bloody exhausting lol but I do enjoy getting up and out for the day nice and early! Haha jacks nappy tricks sound funny hopefully he doesn't get hold of it with a big poo in there 🙈💩

So Isla has co-slept with me since birth as she wasn't having none of it in her Moses basket... we finally put her cot up next to our bed and tonight will be her first proper night in it! Wish me luck 🤞🏼🙈😝

• I can only images the scene if he gets hold of his nappy with a poop 🙈🙈 💩 

fingers crossed tonight goes well for you. I’m sure once she’s asleep she‘ll do well. But stuck with it xxx

• Elexox how did u get on with Isla sleeping in her own bed? Jude has a chicco next to me cot which he sleeps in really well. Sometimes I put him into bed with us if he is a little unsettled After his 3am feed and he loves it he falls asleep with us instantly! I don’t like doing it though it does scare me. 2 nights ago he woke at 2am, I put him into bed with us and though I’d do a bottle in a min I just needed 5 more mins and we woke up at 6am so he missed the feed out completely 😂 haven’t let him do that again though! Cheeky little thing

• Hi all! Are you thinking about weaning ? We’re giving away this huge weaning haul, in the pic below, over on our Instagram page. To find out to win it, just head over here to our Insta page here

• Hey Kara, yeah it's been going well she's been in there every night since Sunday... she goes down about 10:30 usually and then start to fuss in there  around 3, so I feed her about 3-4oz then she'll bring up some wind and drop straight back off again, then wakes again about 6:30/7 which is perfect for school run 😃 Awww bless little Jude, it's lovely having them close and cuddly in bed though, I love it but ive been really strict with myself and only letting her in bed if she's disturbing OH. It's important she doesn't want him as hes up for work at 5:30 everyday and then scaffolding all day until 4! I cant figure out which job is more demanding... id say motherhood lol!