Forum home Babies Baby

March 2018 Babies

Replies

• Hey ladies havent had a moment to do personals but had a quick question. Isla had her 4 month immunisations on Monday and one of the injection sites in hard slightly red and quite swollen... has anyone else's bubbas had this after injections. Wondering if I'm overreacting or should show a doctor. It doesn't seem to be causing any pain or affecting her movement in any way but just a bit concerning 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Jack had that after his 8week javs. When I phoned the doctors they told me that if it’s isnt bigger than a 50p then there’s nothing to worry about as it’s normal. Due to baby’s legs being small it hits the mussels and this is what caused the bump and swelling. Just keep an eye on it hun and hope it doesn’t get any bigger. Jacks disnt and after a week was gone entirely but it can take up to 3 weeks. 

I’m stressing like mad this morning ladies. Today is our big move day. My brothers keep arguing and on top of that I’ve had a phone call from the HV asking me to go back and see the doctor with Jack and I can’t book an Appointment despite the doctors request because they don’t do that on early access appointments. And there is nothing for the afternoon grrr

• Evening ladies!

MrsP - how did you get in without Jack last night? Lots of luck for moving day tomorrow! Why does the HV want to see you? Is this to do with the bump he got?

Elexox - as Kara says, the 16 week jabs are similar to the 6/8 week ones and we got that bump after those - she still has it a month later but it's nothing to worry about. Did she not get one at the 6/8 week jabs? 

Kara - thanks for that link on the regression. I didn't have them with my son as he just never slept in the first year anyway so it's good to know what could potentially happen this time!

AFM - S has been really refluxy so I'm going to re-adjust her meds. F has been amazing today - he's finally cracked rolling and he smacked another little girl today when she stole his crayons - was so funny to watch as he's not normally like that. The other little girl was fine as was her mum and my SIL (who's a clinicial psychologist) says that's a really good development step for him so I'm thrilled!

Anyone have any fun plans for tomorrow? I take F to Sing and Sign in the morning and then Baby Cafe in the afternoon with S. Other than that, maybe a nice walk around the area to get fresh air.

Lots of love to all x

• Aww tayto that’s fab development it’s amazing watching them learn and grow. 

It was strange not having Jack around last night and I still found myself waking a little at night. But it was bliss to sleep through the night. 

It turned out the HV didn’t want to see Jack the doctor did. I took him last week to be seen as he was being fussy with his bottles. Turned out I was feeding him to regularly and he was to full still. (think I mad mixing his feeding cues and this little lip thing he does) doctor noticed that he was lagging with his head when lifting him by the arms, I’m convinced he was just tired as he’d just woken up. When we talked I asked if I should come back and he said only if I was worried so since his eating is now fine I didn’t think anything of it. But the HV rang as she had checked with the GP and he wanted to see him again. After all the faff this morning she got an appointment for us with the GP as requested. Absolute nightmare.

Move has been stressful today but it’s all done. Theres just some unpacking to do now. And Jacks room needs painting. Once it’s painted we can set his room up so until then it’s gonna be living out of boxes for him. 

im only now crawling in to bed since starting at 9am this morning. Mil and fil were very kind and jointly bought us a fridge freezer and washer dryer. So there all plumed in and I even did my first load of laundry. I’ll pop it on to dry in the morning since the old tenants didn’t leave the back door keys behind or a rotary line. So until then it’ll be dryer time for the clothes despite all the nice weather coming next week. 

ill have the old house to clean tomorrow. And then we can come back and finish the unpacking. Friday will be making the house more homey. But I’m so glad most of it’s done. 

• Okay thanks ladies, it's the size of a 20p id say but is still very hard and a bit red. I'll pop into the HV tomorrow for weighing and a chat with them. 4 month sleep regression has hit us like a bus! For the past 4 nights, Isla has woken every 1-2 hours... even worse than the newborn days (she only ever woke once really). I'm struggling again and pulling my hair out 😞 I've not had any breaks away and don't feel the load of, this tiny human that cries more than not, is shared equally. My son never cried, ever unless he was hungry so this whole screaming all the time is extremely stressful and makes me feel like a massive failure 😔 The doctor/HV doesn't think it's a concern and hasn't really got any advice which is beyond frustrating! Sorry to put a dampener on the thread but I don't know who else to talk to apart from OH who is quite frankly, pissing me off! 😓

• Elexox - I'm so sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Has anyone ever suggested reflux or a milk allergy? Sinéad has reflux and we're on ranitidine which really eased the crying. Every feed and even when not feeding was a nightmare. I had the same with my son and waited ages to get help so I pushed the doc more this time. She still suffers a bit but I adjust her meds when that happens. I'm not sure what else to suggest other than maybe a large glass of wine for yourself? It's awful when they cry so much. You absolutely are not a failure - life is tough for babies and crying is the only way the know yet how to communicate. It won't last forever I promise - before you know it, she'll be a cute bright little button giggling and cooing innocently at you 😍😘

MrsP - congrats on finishing moving - hope you have a wonderful time in your new home! How's Jack now? 

AFM - I weighed Sinéad today and she has gained 7.5 ounces in a week which is the most she's ever gained and I'm super thrilled. She's gone up to the 6th centile in a month - hardly surprising as she wakes every 3/4 hours at night now for a huge feed but I don't mind it if she's gaining. I haven't been very successful at doing a routine with her so I started trying it againagain to but it hasn't been very successful so far! I'm still here in the room trying to get her to sleep 😭

I go back to work tomorrow for a KIT day and really looking forward to it. My boss has ordered in lunch for the team and I honestly can say it's the bit I'm most looking forward to - finishing a meal at the same time as everyone else and not returning hours later when it's all cold! 

How's everyone else?

• Elexox I’m sure it will be better soon lovely. Hang in there you’re doing an amazing job. Each baby is different and I’m sure she won’t cry for ever. You will out the other side of this stronger for it. Is there anyone who could gove you a hand and maybe take the bubs of your hands even for the afternoon so you can have a brake? Xxxx

tayto that fab that she’s gaining nicely. is the 6th centile good? i never Know how to read those things. It’s always nice when you can finish a meal the same time as everyone else. I think out of the 3 times I can remember that we have been out for food only once did we eat the same time haha I bet that lunch will be well worth it. 

Afm Our new home is looking better and better day by day. Today I mainly focused on putting things on the wall and catching up with chores. For the time being Jacks room is the only room not finished as it needs painting. But he doesnt mind living out of a suitcase for a little bit hehe.  Tomorrow will be cleaning day at the old house so we can hand the keys back over the weekend. We didn’t get much sleep last night but not because of the baby, because of the cat. My youngest cat has taken well to the move he’s quite relaxed when it comes to most things. But my older cat refused to use the litter tray until he was so desperate he had to use it.. but until that point he meowed at the bedroom door, so I think I managed about 4 hours sleep. As for Jack he’s doing well, thanks for asking tayto. He’s now about 14lbs 8oz. And becoming a pudding day by day haha we have his jabs on tuesday and this appointment with the GP on Monday to check his development. The HV has no concerns over his neck stability but the GP did. I’m worried though that they might say something as Jack has a scratch on his arm from the cat. Especially considering the bump to his head (His arm was poking out of his crib and the cat through he was playing) my cousin had her kids taken away and I know the cat scratching the baby was an issue.

• Evening ladies - how is everyone?

MrsP - 6th centile is low as she was born on the 52nd but she was slow to feed and didn't regain her birth weight until 3 weeks and then didn't gain again when she was in hospital that time at 7 weeks old. Glad your new home is going well - sorry to hear your cat isn't happy. I'd be surprised if one scratch would make them raise the alarm? At least, I certainly hope not. Feel free to post some pics of jack's room! I look looking at pics of nurseries .We never properly did Fiachra's and Sinéad will just go in to his when she comes out of ours so I don't think we'll ever be able to decorate it properly. Lots of luck for your appointment Monday and I hope Jack doesn't cry too much with the jabs. 

Not much from us since I last updated. My mum goes back to Ireland on Tuesday and I'm going to miss her terribly. KIT day went well yesterday - was lovely to catch up with everyone. I was really self conscious of how I looked though as I have gained a dress size and am struggling to lose the weight and the belly this time around. Anyone got any tips?

Hope everyone else is well. Chels - I hope things are good with your sister and elexox - I hope your little lady has settled down somewhat. I think of you both a lot xxx

Lots of love to all x

• Hey tayto, glad your doing okay. Ive really struggled with weight after having bubba, I’ve gained 2 pounds since Just after birth when I’m trying so hard to lose it. It’s so demeaning seeing that!! 

Glad your kit day went well!! I think I’m going to do one of them soon only Poundland is such a rubbish company I wouldnt be surprise if they mess me over with it lol. 

Lawrence is 3 months old yesterdaY. I can’t believe how quick it goes!! It makes me so sad. 

Havent had much luck at the moment really, my sister is back with her ex husband and they want to privately rent somewhere so I’m going to the council on my own on Monday and I’ve put it down to stress but I unfortunately had a miscarraige a few days ago so feeling rather rubbish at the moment! I told my sister and mum and they both delighted obviously but are now devastated.  My ex Is giving me grief 24/7 and Lawrence’s night routine seems to have gone out the window and wakes up every 2 hours pretty much so at The moment all I want to do is sleep. 

Xxx

• Oh chels I'm so sorry to hear that. What an awful time you are having. Really hope you get good news about housing on Monday as you really deserve some positive things coming your way. Sending big hugs. Amelia did the waking every few hours last week and I tried giving her a bit of a routine with day time naps and it seemed to help? Not sure if it was a coincidence but maybe worth a try? 

Tayto I'm glad your KIT day went well. I'm sure everyone was just glad to see you but I know what you mean about feeling self conscious after having a baby. Our bodies have been through a lot and I think second pregnancy seems to be a bit tougher on the body! 

MrsP sounds like you've settled in great in your new home already! Now the fun part of adding all the finishing touches :) 

Elexox my heart honestly goes out to you. There's so many people there to offer advice but not many people who actually stand by you in this tough time. I really saw who was there for me when I had Aiden. Lots of people stopped coming around or inviting me places because they couldn't take being around the constant crying :( things did ease slightly  around 6 months for us so I'm hoping you will be the same. Google purple period of crying, it explained things for me even though it gives no answers if that makes sense? 

Afm we had our first "night out" last night. Aiden went to his grandparents for the first time since March so we put Amelia to bed and my brother in law and his gf came up and "babysat" while we went out for a meal and a few drinks. Amelia stayed asleep the whole time and we had a nice little evening! We were only out 2 hours in the end as Amelia took a while to go down but it was fab to have that time with hubby! The last time we went out just the 2 of us was for my birthday last year! The restaurant owner gave us free drinks (even when we were 40mins late!!) as they were so pleased we were out for a meal instead of collecting a takeaway haha! It was so funny, but they were lovely and asked to see pictures of the kids :) 

• Sound like you had a truley lovely evening dinky. We’ve managed to get out a couple times without Jack and it’s nice to spend some time just the two of you. 

Elexox it’s not nice feeling left out of things in general but even more so when you have a baby. You kind of wana things to feel normal but people don’t seem to understand that and shy away because you’ve had a baby. Have you thought of going to a mummy meeting? There is a group of new mums that meets in a church near me every Wednesday and we have tea and cake and just enjoy having an adult conversation. I have social anxiety and find it had to fit in but this group really helped me and I feel better for it. 

Chels im so sorry hun. With everything on our plate at the moment. I’m sending you lots of virtual hug. ❤️ I hope Lawrence‘s routine will be better soon I’m sure gell be sleeping better in no time.xx

afm nothing new so far House is getting better day by day. And the cats seamed to have settled. My older cat is still a little weary but has been outside and is doing better.  Jack is giggling more and more and I don’t think itll be long before he’s rolling over. 

• Oh Chels, I'm so sorry to read this. My heart breaks for you. Huge hugs to you at this awful time. Lots of luck with housing, I hope they can help. I agree with dinky re the maps, I'm having similar trouble now with Sinéad so I'm trying to get her down for 3 naps during the day and then do a routine at night time with a bath, feed and music projector thing and it appears to be helping. Consistency is key with selling babies into routine but be kind to yourself, you've had to deal with a lot so don't be afraid to reach out to family for help with Lawrence.

Dinky - that sounds like a lovely night out - I'm very envious! We thought to do it whilst my mum was here but I just wasn't ready! The restaurant staff sound lovely!

MrsP - good news about the house. I don't think I could handle moving with a baby - you're amazing! 

Shall we do a flash of our babies? Here's Sinéad!

• Thanks tayto it’s defo been stressful but the end is in sight. 

Here‘s Jack 

• Oh Chels I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope things start to pick up for you soon. 

Dinky your night out sounds lovely. We have t been out yet as a couple, only separately but we are going to friends to watch the footie on Thursday and leaving Jude with grandma!

mrsp you sound like your doing really well with the house. Like the others said there is no way I could handle moving house right now.

well done to everyone attempting night time routines. consistany definately helps, it’s ljke Groundhog Day in my house but I’m fairly sure Jude knows when it’s bathtime now as he gets so excited! We have been putting Him to bed alone for a few weeks now and it’s gone really well. 

Weight loss has definitely been harder this time round. I joined weight watchers 5 weeks ago and with the daily 4 mike pram walks we go on plus using my new hula hoop I have lost a stone already and I feel great. Slimming clubs definitely work for me. I need that commitmen. Jude now weighs 14lbs which made me laugh as that’s what I’ve lost 😂

Jude enjoying the garden yesterday 😊

• Tayto, MrsP dinky, thanks so much for your support. I tend to have days where I'm up and down but it's manageable at the mo. My mum has offered to have the kids for an evening so me and OH can have a well overdue date night! So I might take her up on that offer this weekend or next... The crying is a lot less now, she's back to stirring only once a night at about 3:30am so a dreamy feed sends her straight back off again. I think the crying worsens every time she has a growth spurt as her development leaps up a notch lol. She's now rolling back to front as well and has found her feet and holds them 😁 ive never shared a pic before on here before but it's lovely seeing the other little cherubs so here is my Isla! 

• Ahhh, gorgeous pics of all the babies!

Well done Kara on the weight loss, I'm going to have to do something similar cos doing it on my own is not working! MFP worked before for me but not this time 😪

Elexox - definitely take them up on the offer! Date night will be so good for you!

MrsP - unpacking all finished? 😉

AFM - Sinéad has been really tough the last few days - constant screaming and it's starting to get me down. It's particularly bad when we're out and I try to feed her and she just point blank refuses to latch bbu will take a bottle fine. It's incredibly exhausting and frustrating 😥

• i definitely will Tayto 😁 Sorry to hear about sinéad being difficult, do you think maybe the heat is bothering her? I used to find isla hated my hot sweaty body against her hot body lol 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• we are officially all unpacked. The last of the diy stuff was done yesterday. you would never think we only moved in last week haha. I can’t deal with living out of boxed. My brother had been in his house a year and still isn’t fully unboxed. 

Mill post a pic of Jacks room later now it’s all done. 

Jacks been fussy too. He’s normally so easy to put down to sleep. But the last few nights as soon as I put him in his cot he’s wide awake. I think it’s the heat as I haven’t been putting him in his grow bag as it’s 25 degreed in the room. I think he likes that routine. But as we don’t have blackout curtains as well h s waking at 5am and it’s hard to get him back down to sleep. The other night it took an hour and a half and he’s normally awake by 9am to start the day. It’s very testing so I copleterly sympathies with you ladies who’s baby’s are crying and bit sleeping or eating. I have no doubt when the weather is a bit cooler babies will be a little more comfortable. 

• Hello! Do you have any wise words of advice, or even a little hand hold for this mum who is trying to get her baby of 4.5months to self-settle in his cot. Maybe you've been through something similar? You can find her thread here - we're sure she'd appreciate any support you can give.  

• Afternoon ladies how are we all? Sorry I haven’t put up pics of Jacks room things have been all over the place with getting the house sorted and my mum being ill. I’ll try and remember to do it when we’re back from holiday. 

we are currently waiting for our gate to open at the airport. Jack will be experiencing his first flight today. My fingers are crossed he will deal with it like he does everything else .... like a duck to water lol 🙈🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 

Hope you are all doing well and babies are doing fab as well xxx