Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2018 Babies

Replies

• Hi All, hope you’re all well. 

Aww Becky, hope everything goes well for you at the hospital appt. Oliver and Harry do look so alike. 😍 and Harry sitting up all by himself!! 

Saw a newborn baby in Asda today, and can’t believe how big Jacob has got. That lady also had a two year old, size wise Jacob was the same length as the 2year old and had a bigger head 😂 

He is teething badly, his lower canine is coming through. Can feel the front two teeth too but you can see the canine 😞 I asked this question on the breastfeeding fb group but got told off by one of the mums, so hopefully it’s allowed on here. 

Has anyone used the Amber teething anklets/necklaces? And is it worth the money? 

• Charlz Hallie is teething too. I've also looked at the amber bracelets but don't know what to do so hoping for an answer too. I can't believe someone told you off 🙈

Can't believe how big our babies are getting!

Hope everyone is well xx

• Hey sorry for gatecrashing your thread again! We have an amber anklet mainly for digestive problems as apparently they help with this too.

I wouldn’t say they are a miracle cure but seemed to help a little bit, didn’t do any harm anyway! 

• Thanks Charlz, they are very similar in a lot of ways but Harry seems to be blonder at the moment. 

Not much help on the teething bracelet as I've never used one or know anyone who has but I've seen a lot of positive feedback online. We have a sterilised dummy and teethers in a clip lock box in the freezer for Harry same as Oliver and we used bonjela teething gel when we needed it last time. We were very lucky though last time teething didn't seem to bother Oliver much hoping Harry will be the same, so far only dribble and chewing can't feel anything coming through yet. Fingers crossed xx 

• Hope everyone is well.

Weather is changing quickly. It's still warm in the day time but chilly at night.

What is everyone putting on their bubbas to sleep? X

• We are trialling sleeping bags but Jacob thrashes around in it waking himself up in the process. We wear a vest, sleepsuit and the sleepingbag. 

• Yer so I'm terrible it was only 3 nights ago after wondering why rauri kept waking loads I suddenly thought omg! He's probably so cold in just a sleepsuit. I just didn't think. Last night he had the sleepsuit and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag and slept all night again. X

• We used an amber anklet, it’s hard to know how well it worked and have now taken it off as little ladies ankles got too chubby 😂 Thay being said she didn’t seem to teeth as bad as some of our baby friends - she has cut both her fangs (several weeks back).

Last week we have both suffered from D&V - it has been tough! Worried about the weight loss as she is already underweight 😔  

Had my first KIT day last week, dreading going back properly in January- love being at home soooo much! 

Amelie will be 6 months in10 days! How did that happen?!

How’s everyone else doing? 

• Mrs fish I'm sorry you haven't been well. I hope you are both feeling a bit better now. 

Hallie is 6 months on Saturday. We've started weaning now, just a bit of baby rice to get her used to the texture change. We'll started on some veg soon. Does anyone know when you're meant to start mixing the veggies or introducing meat etc. I went to a weaning workshop but it was the start of last month and I can't remember some of it now!

Hallie also sleeps in a vest, baby grow and sleeping bag. She's a short arse so is still in her moses basket although there's only about an inch left at the top now. She's a very still sleeper so luckily that coupled with the fact she's short has allowed us to keep her in it so long as the cot won't fit in our room. I'm not ready to let her go yet but I know I need to soon!

Hope everyone is doing well xx

• Glad to hear all the babies are doing well. 

I cant believe where the time is going! We’ve not started weaning yet, I’m a bit anxious to start really. What time of day does everyone give the weaning food? 

We‘ve got into a routing now, finally after nearly 6 months! Penny used to sleep through the night but now wakes around 3am for a bottle, anyone else babes started doing it? 

Pennys in a cradle but she’s soo long so she’s defo going her cotbed in her own room soon. Not sure how I feel about it! Anyone else moved their babies to their own room yet? 

• Ivy has banana porridge in a morning for breakfast, then a jar for dinner (both with a bit of bottle too).. she’s loving it.

ivys started waking up at 3am too!! nightmare, she’s never slept through though so I’m kind of used to it now haha!

wont put her in her own room til she’s sleeping through I don’t think as I’ll be up and down all night sorting her.

im back to work 10th dec 😱 but I’ve asked for 2 and half days and that’s it.. image

This was Amelie in her cot this morning whilst I was putting her clothes away - she looks way too Small tongo in their properly!! 

• Aww Amelie looks so tiny in her cot 😍

Jacob still wakes up a million times in the night, we’ve resorted to co-sleeping since he is feeding on demand. sometimes we put him in his next2me bed (50/50 chance he would wake up within minute).  I don’t think we will use his cot until he sleeps better and stops feeding so much in the night. Maybe when we start weaning he might sleep better? Fingers crossed 🤞 

Jacob will be 20wks tomorrow. Weighed this morning at 8.3kg (little porker) 

• Ivys been weaned since 15 weeks and she doesn’t sleep any better I’m afraid Charlz lol fingers crossed for you though haha xx

• Hey, 

Harry is in a sleepsuit and grobag at the moment as it's still quite warm in the house and he just about still fits in his basket. We will move him when we've bought a cotbed, were going to get the same as Oliver as they'll be sharing but they've stopped doing it. 

Hope you and Amelie are feeling better MrsFish? She's such a happy smiley baby but I know the whole weight thing can be a worry, Oliver still looks underweight but is just like his daddy, the pair of them must have hollow legs! Buying trousers is a nightmare, he's so small around the middle nothing fits, not sure if Harry will follow suit as he started off bigger (Oliver was 5lb 13oz and Harry was 8lb 12oz)

Have started doing tastes with Harry not fully weaning yet, he was fine with the texture of baby rice but not a fan of the taste, carrot was better but he'd have his face in everything we have given the chance. 

He's decided this week that sleep is for the week and is getting me up at 4.30am-5.00 am for the day, with no chance of a rest until after Oliver has gone to bed. He has been sleeping through til 6am+ since around 8 weeks so this is a bit of a shock to the system to suddenly started doing it at 5 months, hopefully it's just a faze and won't last too long. 

• hello every one!! 

His you’re feeling better Mrs Fish! 

We've weaning Able since 4 months, we stopped briefly when he had his “rash” just in case it was a reaction to something he was eating, but turns out it was eczema and the dr just didn’t tell me, just told me it was dry skin and to moisturise. 2 weeks later it was getting worse and I call and Receptionist speaks to the on call dr who looks at his notes and prescribes him hydrocortisone cream because in his notes he previous dr diagnosed him with eczema 😠 

but anyway, we’re back on it and he’s loving it! we’re onto fruits too, so he has either apple or pear after his first nap and then a vegetable around 1ish.

he’s also been in his own room since 5 months, waaaaaaay earlier than I wanted but when he learnt to roll the co sleep became too small for him and he wasn’t getting comfortable so we tried it one night and he slept so much better. 

He also has decided he’d like a bottle at 3 o’clock!! And we‘re getting up a few times to roll him onto his back because he cries out when he‘s been on his tummy too long 🙄 it would be so much easier if he were still in with us but it’s not what he wants.

he‘s trying to crawl! He’s always been very strong, and Occasionally get up on all 4’s just his arm strength letting him down. But I wont be surprise if he gets it in the next couple of weeks. So scary how quickly time goes. 

Ive also started thinking about going back to work, I’m not due back until Feb but I work for House of Fraser which I’m sure you’re all aware isn’t in the best place at the moment, so ive already contact HR in the hopes to secure the hours I want. 

• How old is Abel now Tonistar? I’ve lost faith in my GPs, for the last 3months Jacob’s Oral Thrush has not got better and I’m also being treated too because I’m BF. everytime his same GP is very patronising, doesn’t listen to me, gives me the same meds that are not working and one morning nearly ran me over in the car park. Saw the News re HOF, hope you get the hours you want. 

I’m going back once my SMP stops, officially it would be second week of Jan, with my accrued holidays/bank hols I will be returning second week of Feb. I’ve also asked for different hours.  Want to continue being full time but compressed as I can’t get childcare on the Friday morning. So working an extra hour each day Monday-Thurs and Friday WFH in the afternoon. Managers provisionally said it would be okay but another member of the wider team (different location) has asked for something similar and their request was declined as it didn’t fit the team? So they have gone to HR and the Union. I’m a bit worried now. My request was to start at 8.30-4.50 and have a shorter lunch. Which will still be within our core hours of 8-5 so I hope it’s okay. Before I was pregs I use to get in for 8.15 anyways and clocked the extra hours. I guess it’s the Friday which may cause issues. Despite having laptops, we don’t actually have a work phone.

manager told me not to stress or worry. But can’t help it.

Work drama aside, hope everyone is well xx

• Hi hope everyone is well. 

Quick question. After little ones 3rd lot of injections were they all ok?

We had ours a little late as the nurse was Ill so cancelled then Rauri had a cold. 

He had them on Tuesday though and pretty much slept all day but since then he's been very irritable which is so unlike him he was very sick yesterday. No temp at all though. Xx

• Hi NicolaCu, my little boy is from the may group  and he really struggled with the 3rd lot of injections. He pretty much screamed non stop from 11am to the next day and was still irritable for about 2 days after that. If I managed to get him to stop screaming the first day and start falling asleep even if I moved one millimetre he started screaming again as if he was in immense pain. Hopefully you should be over it by the end of the weekend at the latest. I find calp does nothing for my little one so use baby nurofen instead. X

• I just wondered if I get some advice on weaning. We started this morning at 17weeks with baby rice but I’m a first time mum and I don’t really know what tondo next. I have downloaded the madeformums app but wondered if you are meant to try different foods everyday or stick to one for a week, so confusing, every website says something different.