Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2018 Babies

Replies

• Happy new year everyone!! 

Hope you and babies are well 💗💙 

xxx

• MadeForMums Announcement!

Would you like to come and test out our new chat forum, later on this week?
     If so, please sign up here. 

Do you have a child aged 4-8? Want to test some kids vitamins? There’s a £200 Amazon voucher for feedback - sign up here.

• Hey ladies, hope everyone is well and you all had a good Christmas and New year. 

We're doing well and had a nice Christmas at home just the 4 of us, afternoon at the in-laws with all the family wasn't as great but the boys enjoyed themselves and that's all that matters. 

Harry is doing great and is such a little copycat and he loves following Oliver around like a puppy it's so cute. No independent walking but he's getting good with pushing the walker around by himself and is a stealthy little crawler, appearing out of nowhere. He loves food and I haven't found anything yet he won't eat so hopefully he'll be like Oliver and not be a fussy eater as he gets older. 

Just really need a bigger house now, wish I could find one I like.imageimageimageimage A few recent pics, can't believe this time a year ago we were in the final countdown to meeting them for the first time. X

• Announcement! 
    Want to ask a sleep expert a question? Please tell us on this other thread your question and we'll put it to them!

• Hi ladies, thought i’d Give a little update.

Lovely pictures Becky, I can believe how much they are growing up!!

I’m back at work now, its tough leaving Amelie in Nursery, totally breaks my heart.  Working 2 days a week at the moment, it will be 4 in April, totally dreading it and hoping I can somehow reduce to 3 days. 

have now Stopped breast feeding - it totally broke my heart.  Eventually she rejected as I was on a long course of antibiotics having had a prolonged tooth infection. Hopefully my periods will return soon and we can try again for our next bubba 🤞

Amelie is now crawling, she doesn’t do it often and doesn’t really like it - but she can.  She much prefers to walk, but needs help.  She is a real watcher, she really studies what is going on around her.

• Awww Amelie is so cute. 

Rauri had his settling in session at the childminder on Tues and then I had a KIT day at work Wed and both days broke my heart. He's was fine though and I realised I need him more than he needs me. 

Are you enjoying the adult company at work?

When I went in on Wed it was really weird and like the last year hadn't happened yet.

Rauri is commando crawling. He gets about so quick. I'm knackered by the end of the day. He's gone from 1 nap a day though to 2 because he's moving so much.

Here he is up to mischief earlier tonight....

• Well it won't let me upload a photo haha x

• Nicola I am the same - I miss her so much when i am at work.  I work in mental health, so it is an emotionally tiring job, and I know it sounds awful but I just don’t have the compassion at the moment, obv my clients don’t know that and I am doing everything I need to, but I just don’t care as much - I just want to be home with my baby 😫

Clever Rauri crawling - when are you back at work properly? X

• Oh no I completely understand how your feeling. Hopefully it will get easier for you.

I know loads of people that wanna go back to work for a break but I would rather not go back at all.

I go back on the 5th of Feb. Im doing 3 days one week and 4 the next. To be fair I'm thinking about going back into studying and finding a job more flexible whilst I do that so I can spend more time with the little man. 

Pushchair and new car seat shopping for us today. I can't believe how quickly this last year has gone. This time last year the countdown was on especially once January was out of the way x

• Awww I hope it gets easier for you ladies. Jacob will start his settling in on the 11th Feb and I go back to work full time on the 18th Feb! 

I do miss the adult interaction, but also feel so upset that I will be missing all these milestones with Jacob. 

I too really want another MrsFish, (cause I know if we had two, hubs would say it’s not worth me going back to work) but at the same time I would feel guilty I wouldn’t be giving Jacob my 100% and he would have to share me with a sibling. 

The mum guilt never ends. 

• Hi ladies so nice to hear from you. i can’t quite believe this time last year we were 6/7 months pregnant! Where did 2018 go!

im back at work but I only do 2/3 evenings and every other weekend so I don’t need to put Penelope into nursery. I might put her in for a morning later on in the year, we‘ll see. She’s so independent I think she‘d love it. we go to playgroup and she goes off on her own and doesn’t look for me once (I think she secretly hates me!)

Shes crawling but i don’t think walking will be far behind! She’s only JUST got her first tooth, 2 days off 10 months old 🤣 and loves all food we give her. I thought I wanted to be pregnant again soon but I’m thinking I might wait and enjoy Penny a bit more. Plus I need a bigger house!  

Also, any advice for bottle feeding in the night...she still wakes for a bottle or 2 and I’d like to stop it obviously it no idea how! Xxx

imageimageimage

• Happy February ladies!

Jacob took his first holiday, he was so Good on both flights. Getting on the plane, a bit irritated but fell asleep before we took off. Woke up just as we were about to land and sat so still. I turned 30 whilst away. 

Jacob has started his settling in sessions. Got really hysterical on the second session, but was better at today‘s session. 

I go back to work Monday. I’m both excited and nervous. Since I had to go get him early from his 2hr settling in on Tuesday as he was inconsolable. 

• Hi ladies!

Hope those who are back ar work are settling in well. I'm very lucky as not back until the week commencing 13th May due to going on may leave the day before Hallie was born as it was an emergency induction when I was still working and then having holidays from 2018 to take at the end.

Hallie will be 1 in 5 weeks! It's gone by so fast, as I'm sure it has for all of you too! I want to cry at the thought of her not being tiny anymore but also torn because I love watching her grow and learn new things to haha!

No crawling here, we have a bum shuffler so she doesn't move that much or very fast - great for me as it's easier to nip the loo still etc and not have to worry too much about where she's going 😂

What's everyone doing for 1st birthdays? We are going to the zoo on her actual birthday (Friday), having a cake smash the day after and then we have a party on the Sunday. We've just hired a hall for £25 because we have large families so our house isn't big enough for everyone. Nothing too fancy. We've got a small soft play because Hallie loves ball pits and an indoor bouncy castle floor the older kids. 

I'm wanting to start some sort of birthday tradition but not sure what yet. Someone I know has bought a charm bracelet and every year she adds a charm and will give it to her daughter when she turns 18. I like that idea but was wondering if any of you have any other ideas?

Hope you're all well xxx

• Hi everyone!

All the baby pictures are super cute. Looking forward to the one year celebrations soon now.

Bastian is a super chilled happy baby. He is now 9 months and a half and still no teeth and not crawling. He is happy to play in his mat and he somehow manages to move from on side of the room to the other.

He continues to sleep well. We put him down at 7pm and he sleeps until 6:30am. no crying at all, he just loves sleeping. He also gets two naps during the day. He eats purees and bits and pieces, he doesn’t seem to like oranges or carrots but eats everything else. Strawberries are his favourite fruit!

I am back at work but only 3 days a week. My partner is at home these three days so no need of childcare for now.

I had depression for about 6 months, but I am now sooo much better. Did not take meds, but had counselling and a lot if work on my self esteem. I feel so much better that I have actually taken on an acting role for a ballet show (I have danced ballet for years, but never taken a soloist role!) very excited about this now too.

And looking forward to Spring and longer days 😁

Hope ever is well 😘

• Awww lisil that is a nice idea with the charm.  We have booked a hall too with soft play and bouncy castle. I hate mess in my home haha so having lots of family and friends there will drive me insane. Rauri's 1st birthday is Easter Monday.

Catkatze I'm glad your feeling better. Bastian is very cute. 

Rsuri has been commando crawling for a few weeks now. I think he will skip normal crawling and go straight to walking. He has 2 teeth that he got around 9 months and I think he's getting a few more as he's quite unwell atm and he was last time too. 

I started back at work last week. I'm struggling being away from him but he's fine without me bless him.

Hope every one is well x x

• Hi all! Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve replied (months I know) Myself and Harvey are doing fab and family life is amazing as always. I went back to work January doing 34.5hrs a week, shift work back at the hospital and so far it’s going well. Harvey was 10months 14th February and he has his 4th tooth coming through and has recently started walking solo 😳 Hope your all doing well. I’m going to go through all the posts and have a good catch up 👍🏻 Can’t believe in a couple of months we’ll be discussing first birthdays lol. 

Heres a few pictures of Harvey 💙imageimageimage

• Love the idea of a charm bracelet, I may have to steal it! 
    Penelope turns 1 on the 30th  it were just doing a family get together at my mums place. Doing a photo shoot too. Everyone keeps asking what they can get her but I’ve got no idea what a 1 year old needs, any ideas? 
    glad everyone is thriving. Hard to believe how far they’ve come xx

• Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing well and the not so little ones are thriving. 
    We're doing well and Harry is really starting to show his personality now, he's very determined, smiley, stubborn and funny. He's been walking the furniture and whilst holding hands for a while but took his 1st independent steps this week. He loves cars and things with wheels he can push along and he likes to climb as much as he can. Not going to lie having 2 is hard work but the good does outweigh the bad even when I'm shattered. A couple of recent pics 😍
  • Hi ladies,

Love the pictures Becky. Your boys certainly look like they love each other.
    Hallie isn't walking yet - I'm kind of secretly glad 🙈😂
    She is ONE in 6 days! So crazy to think this time last year I expected to be pregnant for at least another 3-4 weeks!
    Hallie is very cheeky and funny and knows how to make us laugh. She's also very clever, just not got her gross motor skills mastered yet.
    We have a cakesmash today for her 1st birthday and I'm so excited! 
    Here's some recent pictures xx

• 6 days!!!! How did that happen so quick? Hallie is so smiley and happy.
    I know what you mean about walking though, text my hubby when Harry took his 1st steps and he replied "oh god help us!" Unfortunately there's no stopping him Oliver was the same age when he started walking so not surprised. X