Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 2018 Babies

1141516171820»

Replies

• Options

Nancy is 8 months and nearly crawling and can pull herself to standing.

She is 19lb 1oz and eats everything.

Pearl is so gorgeous and I agree, just meant to be dinky 🙂.

• Options

Hey everyone, 

Feels like ages since I’ve been on here, really nice to see everyones babies and hear how they are doing. 

Jackson is also 9 months old in 5 days like Pearl. He is crawling and pulling himself up on everything, literally don’t get a second to myself anymore. It’s like he aims for everything dangerous and that he shouldn’t have.

He is still a horrific sleeper and cannot self settle but I’m going to be trying sleep training soon when I get the bottle to do it as I know there’s no point starting and not persevering. 

Weaning is going ok although he will not eat fresh fruit. Ella’s kitchen fruit pouches he will suck out the pouch in about 30 seconds but I keep trying with fresh fruit like strawberries raspberries and blueberries and he just touches them pulls a disgusted face, puts them in his mouth and pulls the same face and spits it out. I’ve tried banana also and he actually gagged so that’s clearly a no 🤣 Am going to try watermelon like allybob suggested next. 

imageimageimageimage

• Options

Hi Ladies

Lovely to see all these beautiful babies. They are growing up to fast. Rosie is a very happy and content little lady, a bit lazy to be bothered crawling lol

My mat leave is officially over and i had mandatory training today but now on annual leave and 1st proper shift will be 6th March. Anyone else back at work yet

image image

• Options
    Good morning all! 
    How’s everyone getting on? 
    We seem to have had one cold after another lately 🙄 I swear it must be my older 2 bringing all the bugs in! But we just can’t seem to shift it....!

other than that, Pearl is really coming on, wants to stand all the time, chases the cat and the kitten around the house all the time 😂 but luckily we have finally got through to her about being ‘gentle’! 
    My son often has all his friends round, and the girls in particular just love to sit and play with Pearl, it’s so lovely. 
    We still have no teeth...! But luckily weaning is getting better. She still refuses anything from a spoon, but will happily chomp away doing baby led weaning 😊
    We’re still waiting for our next dietician appt regarding her CMPA, but hopefully we’ll be off to see them soon 🤞 I’m truly dreading starting the milk ladder though!
    Take care ladies x  
  • Options

Hi everyone. We have a question, on behalf of Shared Parental Leave where they’d like to know about the kind of childcare the dads do in your home (if there isn’t a dad around, you can totally say that too). There’s a £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs, so might be worth a shot! To enter, head to this thread.

• Options
    Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. Can’t believe our babies are all nearly 1 soon!! Jackson is a May baby so 4 weeks today. Has anyone got any plans for birthdays? Xx
  • Options
    Hello everyone, how are you all doing? 
    Do you have a few mins to help with any of these threads please? 
    We have a lovely member looking for advice about what to pack and what to leave behind in her hospital bag. Her thread is here
    Also do you have any pointers on breastfeeding clothes? That thread is here
    And finally, take our survey to be in with the chance of winning a holiday in Croatia at a private villa. Thank you :blush:
  • Options
    Hi everyone I think I stopped getting alerts when the website changed.
    Hope your all well.
    Nancy is nearly 11 months now. 
    She is the happiest little pudding until it comes to me leaving her at nursery 😢. 

Any walkers yet? We aren't far off 🤞
  • Options
    Oh @Allybob88 we are so pleased to hear from you! We can't believe how Nancy has grown - she is gorgeous! How are you al doing? So lovely to see your name pop up. 
  • Options
    Hi all!

Allybob, Nancy is just adorable 🥰
    but I bet that must be hard leaving her 😢
    I won’t actually be doing that now, I’ve had to tell my employers that I won’t be coming back to work(MIL is moving an hour and a half away so will no longer be able to haven pearl. I was a bit gutted as I love my job, but I see it as a blessing in disguise now).

2 weeks tomorrow and Pearl will be one!!! Where has the time gone?!

We had her second dietician appt this morning and we’ll be starting on the milk ladder once she’s turned one...not looking forward to that at all!
    She was also weighed at today’s appt and is still a diddy 16lbs 4oz, so only dropped off her centile slightly luckily. 

She is is such a happy little soul, and we are loving how her character is shining through as she gets older ☺️

Anyway, I hope everyone is well! Xxx 
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Would you like the chance to review and keep this Phil & Teds buggy worth £449? Just head to Latest Discussions to find out all the details.  
  • Options
    Hi everyone, 

Hope you are all all enjoying the lovely weather, fingers crossed it lasts. 
    Cant believe Jackson is one in 6 days, which means Pearl is too! 

Any walkers yet? I’d be interested to know what routine people are in, what food they are giving and how much milk etc. I always feel like I’m doing something wrong, and my little one still won’t sleep by himself all night. It’s got better but he is still in our bed from around 2/3am xx
  • Options
    Isn’t it just madness, Matilda! How will they both be one in less than a week?! 
    We have Pearl’s birthday party today, as we go away next weekend(Pearl’s first Butlins experience 😂)...

She cruises around the furniture and holding our hands, but no walking by herself yet! How about Jackson? 

I think it’s completely normal to feel that way...Pearl is number 3 for me and I’m still convinced I’m not doing it ‘right’ 🤷‍♀️ 

Our general routine is wake up roughly 7/7.30, bottle of milk. Attempt breakfast at about 8.30. Then first nap starts about 2/2.5 hours after she woke up. It normally lasts 1/1.5(sometimes 1 3/4 if I’m lucky!). Then we have the next bottle once she’s woken up. Then we have lunch(again, attempt) about an hour after that. 
    Afternoon nap normally starts about 2/2.30, and if she’s not awake by 3.15, I generally wake her up otherwise bedtime has to be pushed back! 
    She then picks at food with us when we all eat at about 5.30.
    Bath time is anytime from 6.15, then I aim to be feeding her her bedtime bottle at/just before 7pm.

The last week or so has been hit and miss as to whether or not she’ll go straight to sleep, as she’s had a horrible cold. But normally she gets herself off to sleep(cuddling her little jellycat bunny) in about 5/10 mins. 

Again, while she hasn’t been well, she might wake herself up coughing so I have to put her dummy back in, but when all is well she then sleeps until 7/7.30. 

Im lucky that she never wakes up and cries in the mornings- she just plays with her bunny and talks to it, which is normally what wakes me up! 

Obviously we do have some days where routine had to go out of the window completely, but this is what I try and stick to when I can. 

My sister and I took the babies(her little boy is 3 months younger than Pearl) for a last minute shopping trip for party supplies yesterday 🥰
  • Options

• Options
    Oh, I forgot to add that the reason Pearl is still on 4 bottles a day is because she’s not doing so well weaning! She won’t really ever accept anything from a spoon, and will make one small piece of food(baby led) last half an hour given the chance. 

We had a dietician appt last week, and she’s said that Pearl needs to stay having 4 bottles a day until weaning has picked up. And that she should stay on the prescription milk until at least 18 months xx 
  • Options

Hello everyone, as we’re sure you know all too well, June is around the corner, which means your baby is likely to be turning 1 very soon, if they haven’t already. Happy birthday!

This also means that June 2018 Babies is moving on to become June 2018 Toddlers!   
    Please do come on over to the new thread and tell us about your child's first birthday or what you might have planned for it. 

Hope to see you on the new thread soon. 

PS. Please hit the green star next to the thread title, to bookmark any threads so you don’t miss any notifications.