Forum home Babies Baby

June 2018 Babies

Replies

• Nursejo they are both gorgeous! 

we have just been doing a vest and babygrow at night, she is really restless sleeper so we don’t bother with blankets as she kicks them everywhere and I’m scared of them ending up over her face.

had midwife and health visitor today. Nancy is 10 days old and back at her birth weight. Health visitor was fab as expected about the way I’m feeling and is coming back on Monday to follow up. Midwife is back Friday as can’t discharge her until her belly button falls off. 

Good luck msdodger! Hope all goes well and look forward to seeing photos of your little one x

• Been busy for a few days and missed some births. Well done Summer and Tipping, your little ones are lovely. Sorry to hear you both had a hard time with the delivery, hopefully your bundles are making it worth all the effort :)

Can't believe little Zamira is 5 days old all ready. I don't think she has been put down yet, there's always a queue of siblings wanting a cuddle! Hope everyone is recovering well and getting used to all the changes that come with our lovely new additions.

My eldest daughter whipped Zamira away at 3 days old for a photo shoot, here's a few of favs, sorry for the photo bomb!

imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Those photos are gorgeous! I caught my OH’s dad (who is a photographer) hanging over one of our garden fences to get an aerial shot of Etty. Babies make people crazy 😂

Congrats to Summer and Tipping (not sure if I’ve actually said it yet) and I hope you are both getting plenty of recovery time. 

Our little startle bug is 3 weeks old! Only just starting to ‘fit’ into newborn. 

• Thanks schmorgan, yep babies are wonderful time wasters! Did you sort out the feeding and cracked nipples? I remember having that with my first, was so sore. I used a very mild olive oil on my nipples after baby was finished feeding. That way it could soak in between feeds and not effect the milk taste. Only other advice is to take her chin between your thumb and first finger and open her mouth so you latch her rather than her sucking you in, makes the latch more comfy.

• Aww she’s beautiful schmorgan, Nancy is already growing out of some of her first size clothes 😢.

im torn between not wanting her to grow up but keen to have her doing a bit more. Is anyone going to go to any local classes? I’ve been looking at baby massage and Mum and baby yoga. Also keen to take her swimming.

• I did baby massage with my son so will do the same with George. He’s in 0-3 and he’s been for the past week and he’s 3 weeks old tomorrow. Buried my cousins baby yesterday so was so emotional but a perfect day! 

Here’s a little pic of George 💙❤️

• Hi ladies, 24 hour pessary has just been removed, not getting a second as i‘ve been contracting regularly every 3-4 mins since about 10 this morning yipee! 

Consultant came and did a sweep and said if he was really pushed he could break my waters but he would rather wait as it would likely be very painful for me at the mo so now just more waiting, looking like baby girl is going to share our birthday after all!

• Hi everyone, hope your all well. We are really struggling with this heat. It's turning me into a crazy person. I constantly think Ronnie has a fever!! Her body is warm but the temp say 36.0 which is obviously fine. She's cranky too, I keep wanting to take her gp. I'm so over the top mum right now😭 I'm having a winter baby next, I cant come with the worry. Love all the pics xx

• Oh Rachel I took Nancy’s temp about 10 times last night. And I finally settled her to sleep with a fan blowing on her, I’m sure she wondered what the heck I was doing!! 

I’m still a total stress head over how much Nancy sleeps, I just can’t believe a baby can be so good! 

Good luck msdodger, the end is in sight!!! 

• Good luck msdodger, not long now for you!  

This weather is driving me insane too. Trying to breastfeed when Etty and I are just radiating heat onto each other is hellish. 

imageimageimage

Hi all 😊 sorry for the radio silence, it’s been hectic ever since Pearl came along!

Congratulations to you all on the births of your little ones...I’ve really quickly tried to catch up with everything that’s been going on..

Pearl is now 5 weeks and 1 day! She was weighed today and is up to 7lbs 11oz...she’s still such a dinky little girl, nobody believes me when I tell them her age. 

Shes really suffering at the moment and has been colicky for a week now - it’s so awful seeing her in such pain every night. But I know it will pass eventually 🤞 we just do lots of night time walking in the sling to calm her down.

We’ve been gwtting the most gorgeous smiles since she was 4 weeks...definitely not wind! lol especially at bath time(her favourite time!)

• All the best msdodger, not long now! How cool you could all have the same birthday!

I've had three summer babies and one was in a heat wave, she cried so much with the heat, we started giving her water after every breast feed and when I feed her I had a cold face washer to cool her head down and stop the sweating between us.

We're in the middle of winter so it's raining constantly and freezing!

• image 3 weeks old today.. weighing at 11lb 4oz!! Won’t be in his next to me crib as long as I was hoping 🤦‍♀️

• How dinky and cute is pearl! Crazy to think she isn’t much bigger than Nancy but is 3 week older. Sorry to hear she has colic I’m hoping thats one issue we can avoid 🤞🏻

Angel he looks very chilled and happy there! 

Any news msdodger? 

• Hi everyone, baby Joseph was born on 25th June, weighing 8lb 11oz. It’s been a very stressful week as he had to spend time in the NICU but is now finally home and doing amazingly! Congratulations to everyone else on the arrival of your babies! 

• Congratulations!! Hope he is okay now. Sounds like a difficult week.

image Nancy says Thankyou for her gift! Xx

• Think I may be the only one still preggos over here! And my baby is definitely going to be a July baby! I'm 40+2 ... Went for a sweep today but too high, so couldn't do it. I think he's aiming to stay in there until he's 18. 😑😣🙈

• Yay! The gifts are arriving! How's Nancy doing now Allybob? Is she ok?
    Don't forget if you posted your birth story, please do pop me over a PM with your name and address.

Rainbows01, how you doing in this heat? I was pregnant with summer babies twice, so know it's stifling when it's this hot, and you're overdue. 

Also hoping MsDodger is alright too?

• My gorgeous girl is 5 weeks on Friday! Time is flying too fast! And she's putting on weight, getting her weighed today. I think we are finally over the colic fingers crossed. Hubby goes back to work Wednesday ☹ he's had 5 weeks off. I am looking forward tho to getting her all to myself. Anyone got their baby on lactose free milk? We decided to put Ronnie on it as normal milk was causing so much pain x

• Hello Ladies,

Rosie's gift has arrived, she loves it - Photo to follow when I transfer some onto laptop as phone memory now full lol

She is doing really well, 3 weeks 5 days and her weight has increased from 8lb 5 to 9lb 7 in the last 2 weeks, she is very greedy with her milk on 5oz bottles now and having 6 bottles a day but luckily doesn't appear to have reflux like her brother did which is  real relieve

How's everyone coping with the heat, we are in the east of the country so at least it has been cooling down at night time

Rainbows01 - Hope everything starts soon for you I was overdue in the heat wave beginning of this month and It seemed so much harder when you pass your due date

Fingers crossed Msdodger has her baby now and is enjoying time with her little one, looking forward to hearing more birth announcements