Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

June 2018 Babies

Replies

• Of course we remember you slinky! Congratulations and welcome to the world Freddie 😍

• Hi Slinky, so glad to hear from you - how are you managing and congratulations on your lovely boy! 
    How's everyone coping with the heat?

• Quick question for those who are formula feeding - how many oz does your little one take per feed? Nancy currently has 6/7 4oz bottle per day, the health visitor told us that once she is finishing bottles to start making an extra ounce in each bottle but 5oz seems a little excessive to me, she was only 3 weeks yesterday and I don’t want her to end up with belly ache. 

• Hi allybob, my little one is 7 weeks old on Wednesday and drinking 6 4oz bottles. I’m going to try and up it to 5oz starting next week sometime. It’s all different for each baby though, I think I recall nursejo saying her little one is on 5oz already and she’s younger than mine. You might find if you up it she only drinks 5/6 instead of 6/7 bottles so it’s the same thing really. X

• Allybob, Pearl takes 7/8/9 bottles a day, from 1oz - 3.5oz...and very occasionally 4oz. But I haven’t upped it to 5oz bottles yet as it’s very rare that she’ll finish a whole bottle. She’s 6 1/2 weeks but obviously still small for her age. 

• Just to add - her feeds take anything from half an hour to 2 hours(obviously we can’t use the milk after 2 hours). I really need her to not go back to it after a long break in feeding but I’ve got no idea how to implement this! 🤔

• Nora we sometimes have this problem but I’ve realised that if she falls asleep after part of her bottle if I put her straight down before she is in a deep sleep she wakes up within 5mins when she realises and will take the rest of the bottle. 

Im going to leave her on 4oz then as 5oz seems excessive with what you are all saying - I may just try 5oz for her last bottle see if she sleeps a bit longer. Last night was our first awful night since our first night at home - feel like the walking dead! 

• Oh no what happened? My son is s terrible day and night sleeper so I feel like the walking dead everyday. 

• Nora, feeding is also a struggle with me, I get really envious of people who’s babies just  seem to drink their milk so easily. He suffers with wind really bad too and cannot settle if he’s got any trapped. Was your little girl premature? 

• She just never seemed to get into a deep sleep and was awake for up to 2 hours after 10pm and 2am feed and then thought 6am was awake time! Its just in such contrast to how well she normally sleeps that it was a big shock to the system. 

• It’s awful isn’t it. That’s generally my life lol never seems to be in a deep sleep and constantly moving around making noises 😭

• Morning,

Slinky - Congratulations Freddie is adoreable, were you in the TTC thread before you were pregnant I recognise your name from there I believe, my little girl was due in May but ended up a June baby after all

I am formula feeding and Rosie is taking 6/7 5oz bottles per day and is finishing them I felt it was a big jump from 4-5oz but she managed very well and has been on 5 oz bottles for the past 2 weeks (5 weeks on Wednesday). She does still drain her bottles but is content after her feed so not planning to up to 6oz until she shows signs of still wanting more after a feed as she has always drained her bottles.

She does go 3-4 hours between bottle but being 2 weeks late I think does make a difference to the amount she drinks as my son was the same and he was also 2 weeks late, either that or she is just greedy lol

Sorry to hear you are still struggling Matilda, have you got good support from you health visitor?

• Thanks for that Allybob, I’ll give that a go and see if it helps! 🙏

Matilda- I’m the same, I get envious too...my husband was shocked when I said some babies can get through a bottle in 15 mins. She wasn’t premature, but 3 weeks early and weighs 8lbs now at 6 1/2 weeks. X 

• George has 5/6 bottles a day and he’s drinks 6oz but I make him 7oz. He was a big boy born though. He doesn’t really suffer with wind or anything but ALWAYS gets the hiccups! I’m thinking of changing his bottles as he’s sucking the teat too hard in my opinion and I tried to change teats to vari flow but just dribbled from his mouth during the whole feed. Every baby is different! x

• Angel - what bottles are you using? 

• Tommee Tippee x

• Angel, Nancy gets hiccups about 15mins after every bottle and we use dr browns. I read that it can be wind related but she always gets her wind up so I’ve no idea, she got them all the time when I was pregnant though. 🤞🏻 She just grows out of them! 

I think I’m going to give her until Thursday when she is weighed on 4oz and then if she is on target I’ll increase i, it’s a minefield trying to work it all out. 

• Angel, I used to use Tommee Tippee but switched to Mam anti colic ones and they’re so good(& they’re self sterilising too, which is great when we‘re out at family or friends houses!) 

• Yeah he’s not bothered by the hiccups but is just frustrating when he’s trying to sleep and when I’m trying to sleep lol. I was going to get dr browns or mam but didn’t know which were the best! Only got tommee tippee because they were on offer when I was pregnant lol x

• Thank you all so much. He's wonderful. The heat is a killer though isn't it!

Allybob, Freddie will be four weeks on Wednesday and drinks anywhere from 1 1/2oz to 4oz! Between two and a half to three hours, he's pretty clockwork with the timings. But we start counting the time from when he starts a bottle.

We've changed our bottles though, from Mam to Dr Brown and noticed a massive improvement on how he feeds, and we also use infacol now (I didn't want to be he just wasn't getting his wind up) and the combination of bottle and infacol really seem to be helping him. We've also changed from a size 1 teat to a size 2, I know it says size two from two months but he was getting frustrated, and taking on more air. So maybe that might help some other babies? 

Nursejo, yes! I was from the ttc group previously . Congratulations on your little girl.

Schmorgan, I believe we have the same pram? Or at least the design. Mine is a giggle 2 hygee house.