Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

We are on size 2 teats because her reflux meds thickens the milk so much she couldn’t get it out, it still blocks the size 2 teats so she gets fustrated.

she has been so upset tonight that I’ve given in and given her rinitidine the hospital prescribed and some cooled boiled water, for now it has worked and she is sound asleep so fingers crossed! 

I love dr browns bottles the amount of people I recommend them too I’m sure I should be on commission 😂

• Options

Dr Brown bottles really are a game changer aren't they! The look giant compared to the mam bottles though, even though they hold the same amount of liquid. 

• Options

We’ve done the same slinky, moved on to size 2 teats as she was getting frustrated, then falling asleep then wanting more an hour later - the difference is amazing! She’s now taking anything up to 3oz in 15/20 mins 😁

• Options

Slinky we have the exact same one! I love the little houses. 

Slightly jealous that you all know exactly what your little ones take each time. That being said, I did a casual pump on one side and was a bit shocked by how much came out and she is feeding every 2 hours during the day (counting from the start of each feed) 

I can’t believe how much she is changing already. 

• Options

Allybob, how did your night go after giving the rinitidine? 

Do you mind me asking what Dr Brown bottles you are all using as I can see there’s a new set called options with a green tube. 

NoraP, when did you change teats? Glad to hear feeding has improved. I’m currently using Avent bottles. 

• Options

Matilda - we changed over yesterday. I don‘t know why we hadn’t thought to do it sooner to be honest. Thank you 😊 it really has changed feeding time for us all. I was kind of expecting her to dribble all the milk out and then have to stick with the size 1(so I actually only sterilised just one teat to start with). But last nights feeds were especially improved, she literally woke, fed for 15/20 mins then straight back to sleep 👌

• Options

Morning. Nancy had a good night except her feeding was all over the place and she was wanting 2oz every 2 hours but I think it may be because of the water we gave her. 

She still seems to think the 3am feed is playtime and it took over an hour to get her back asleep, i had to wake the oh in the end as I was Getting frustrated with her which isn’t fair. 

She is just so upset as soon as she is awake I feel so sorry for her. Got the health visitor coming at 1. 

Glad you seem to have cracked pearls feedings Nora! What a difference! 

We have the doctor browns with the green tube 🙂

• Options

Allybob, I have heard that water can do that unfortunatel 😔 well at least you did the sensible thing and woke your oh...I’ve had one night like that and was in tears telling my oh that he had to take over, as I just couldn’t cope with her crying in pain 😢 but I do remember many nights like that with my other 2 children...for some reason I feel far more calm with the crying this time round. 

It’s awful isn’t it, when they’re upset/crying and nothing you do seems to help. Hopefully your HV will have some ideas. Thank you, it really has improved dramatically- which was especially good last night as I(& Pearl) had to be up at the crack of dawn to get my 14 year old to school to go on a trip to the Lake District  

• Options

Yeah but then when she was settled and asleep in her cot within 10mins I didn’t know wether to thank him or punch him 😂😂. 

im hoping the health visitor can help, oh had a lactose allergy and had to be on soya milk so I’m wondering if that can be hereidtry, or maybe she is just one grumpy little girl 🙁

• Options

Haha I completely get that 🤣

Strangely enough, I also had a lactose allergy. Thinking that might be what was/is causing Pearl’s colic, I now add Co Lactase drops to each of her feeds - and I do think it’s helping. She is still very colicky, but it’s an improvement. She was also very constipated ever since moving onto bottles and it’s definitely changed that 😳💩 Originally I started off with Colief, but it was just impossible to use, as you have to add the drops to the milk half an hour before you feed. Which I struggled with during the day, but more so at night. 

I’m sure she’s not really, just going through a tough time x 

• Options

• Options

I am certainly going to mention these to the hv today - I’ll give anything a go to see her settled. Thanks Nora! 

• Options

Let us know how you get on x 

• Options

Interesting afternoon with the health visitor, basically she thinks that Nancy is just having a ‘temper tantrum’ and I need to learn to let her cry! I had taken some videos and she doesn’t think it’s colic but just a paddy to be picked up all the time. 

She also said it will get better in a few weeks when she can be ‘entertained’ when awake but the problem at the minute is when they are awake they often don’t know what to do with themselves so think they are hungry And cry. 

she also said we can continue to give her ranitidine but need to try and get her off the carobel as it is loaded with calories and she has gained 13oz in a week 😱. 

So looks like i have feisty little girl and we are in for a fun few weeks! 

• Options

Oh Ally, I bet that wasn’t what you wanted to hear. But great that she doesn’t think there are any problems! Hopefully she’s right and you can ‘entertain’ her in a few weeks and it will stop...

Wow, that’s quite some gain. How much does she weigh now? Well I think that‘s good, always better to have a fiesty one in my opinion(even if it is harder work when they’re younger 🙈)

• Options

To be honest if my health visitor wasn’t someone I know well and whose opinion i trust I’d prob of told her to bog off I’m not leaving her to cry! however typically today she has snoozed the entire day away 🤦‍♀️

Yep she has now jumped 2 centiles since birth - Oops! She weighs 8lb 8.5oz. 

Is pearl still doing better with her feeds today? 

The hv asked me if Nancy was smiling and I just burst out laughing - Nancy doesn’t appear to be keen on life nevermind smiling! 😂💖 plus she is only 3 week old and slept the first 2.5 weeks of life! 

• Options

That’s do nice that it’s someone you know and trust 😊 it really does make all the difference. Ah bless her, clearly all those extra calories really have made a difference!

She is thank you, and has had on average 2.5oz each feed, so things are definitely looking up 🙌

Haha wow, I’d be shocked if she was then! 😂

• Options

Nora, number two teats were one of the best decisions we've made. I did the same and only sterilised one to begin with and had a number one ready to go for if we needed it. He feeds for 15/20 mins now and has between 2.5 and 4oz, every three hours from when we start one bottle.

Matilda , the Dr brown bottles we use have the green vent in the bottle. They're wide neck. We bought two starter packs as it worked out cheaper for us that way. 

• Options

Helloooo everyone! It's been a minute and almost everyone's had their babies - congratulations or have the cutest growing babies.

Indie is now 5 weeks and we get a daily cheeky smile.. She started life with no wind or colic and I thought I was the luckiest mama. Not any more. She's so windy and is always making straining sounds. Sometimes I get so scared  I feel like rushing to emergency . I've started using infacol and today bought some Dr Brown's bottles. She's strains so much her navel went from innie to outie. Hoping for an improvement. 

I combination feed and use Aptamil.  But the news about them isn't great is it?

Hope everyone is ok otherwise xxx

• Options

how are you making the dr brown bottles up as there seems to be a lot of instructions to do with heating up and leaking and shaking formula. 

are you all making each bottle at a time as we are told to do as well?