Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2018 Babies

Replies

• Hey Meme, I also have a sleepy head and did a lot of research re safety. The pillow material it uses is actually the only one of all these baby pods to reach European safety standards, meaning if baby does roll over and put their face against the side the material allows them to still breath. Swaddling isn’t recommended according to UK guidelines, however I have done so with Arthur and as long as they don’t overheat and their nose and mouth are free I don’t see a massive issue with it (although this is a personal view). It certainly helps them feel cosier. Another thing you could try is putting the top you’ve worn during the day underneath her in the cot when you put her to bed, that way she can still smell you and take comfort from that. 

• Meme that was what I worried about but the midwife told me she’d done it with her baby and never had any issues, she said she always recommends it for when baby first comes home as it can be a big adjustment to start with, like KMH said what it’s made from is the safest and if you’re still worried about it put baby at the bottom instead of the top I find her body is more snug at the bottom and she has less space to move while she still has space around her head x

• Just reread your comment Meme. I have the Medula Swing pump, it was expensive but I used it for the first time yesterday and was really impressed! It was a nice fit and gentle on the breast. Pumping is a great way to increase your supply and give your nipples a rest if little one is causing them to become sore. It’s also a real confidence boost actually seeing the milk you produce because it assures you little one is “getting enough” xx

• Midwife came yesterday and told me I had to go to the drs about my wound, dr today has told me it’s infected, had to have it dressed and been put back on antibiotics for another week, feeling useless and fed up, just want to be better so that I can look after my baby properly 😕 

• Today we bought the pump, the medela swing.  I was very disappointed with how much milk got out.  30 mins each breast and managed around an oz total.  No wonder we’ve been having problems with lo gainibg weight I think she’s been starving.  Tonight I have resorted to using formula to feed her and she’s also had to have a soother which has really helped - she was very upset earlier at wanting to suck and not having my nipple to suck on - atf first I couldnt work out if she was hungry or just needed the soother, I gave her an extra bottle which she sicked up and still didn’t settle with so soother it was and what a huge difference it made.  

She went down in her cot perfectly tonight, we’ve stirred a few times to put the soother back in.  Just about to feed her another bottle.  

We have an another appointment with midwife tomorrow (Sunday) to have her weighed because she keeps losing weight.  

• Arthur enjoyed his bath today!

Does anybody elses little one suffer badly with wind? I’m amazed at how much wind Arthur seems to get and it makes him really unhappy and must be quite painful. Any tips Ladies?!

• Kmh if you give him infacol about 20 minutes before a feed (I can’t remember if it’s every feed) but that really helped lily with wind as she used to suffer too! arthur looks so adorable in the bath! Heres a little picture of Harry in his first bath, he absolutely loves them! 

• imageOlivia loves bath time too, she’s not so keen on getting out and dried though 

• Awwwww cute bath pictures!!

we videoed ours its brilliant, his confused little face was hilarious.

those with boys, how much fun is it when you’re mid way through a nappy change, nicely wiped and reaching for the new nappy then BOOM, that little willy is flying around in the air squirting fresh wee wee everywhere 😳 not just a puddle to clean up, that unattended little hose can cover a lot of ground... the entire mat, every crease on his own body, mummys drink / arm / leg / face... you name it it’s been peed on 😂 mission cleaning it up at 3am as have no idea where it is, cleaning everything!

cant be angry at him he’s too cute. He’s also a poorly lad, very very sore red and green gunky eye, been cleaning it yesterday but its more than sleep it looks terrible currently, doctors in the morning for us! He’s in distress with it and keeps touching it so he’s currently got a long sock all the way up his arm as hes mastered pulling mits off (gave up on them after a week as he refuses to keep any on, daily manicures to make sure his nails cant do any damage)

last thing... doing tummy time last night to show my visiting sister how alert he is looking around and moving etc & he very purposely rolled from his front to his back... twice! His neck is very strong already he can hold it for quite some time and look around but wasnt expecting the rolling, i googled & thats a 4 month onwards thing... how is my 3 week old able to roll over so soon?? Was ever so proud of him but not expecting that at all. (Probably knows the wee travels further if he’s on his back & wants to ensure maximum wee wee coverage incase of wee wee emergency!) 😂

• Meme you have to do what’s right for your daughter, it that means being formula fed then as long as she’s happy and healthy who cares, it’s taken me so long to get to where I can say that and it still breaks my heart not being able to breastfeed Harry but we still have such a great bond he’s definitely a mummy’s boy! How has feeding been since you last posted? What did you call your daughter?

joner hahaha yes we have had the little flying willy so many times! It doesn’t matter how many times it happens it still catches you off guard 😂 I will say though from having both genders lily had so many pop explosions all up her back and all over her clothes where as we haven’t had one with harry! So I’m really pleased about that 😂 harry had a really gunky eye the morning after he was born luckily cleaning it with cooled boiled water and a cotton pad got rid of it after a few days hope it goes for your little one soon! Also have you checked if any of your sleepsuits have built in mits! They’re life savers! That might be a bit easier than a sock 😜 well done Benjamin on rolling over!! That’s great! You’ll be sending him off to school before you know it 😭 

• since I lasted posted we carried on with formula (no breast), she got weighed on Sunday and has increased weight almost back to her birth weight now, from almost 6lb the time before to 6lb 10.  Still really settled and chilled, sleeping great.  We are feeding 90ml every 4 hours.  it has been slightly harder for her to get her wind and poop out but not too bad.  

theres Hardly any milk coming from my breasts when I pump, especially yesterday, it really was only a few drops. I’ve saved it to or on her gunky eye.  

I have just filled out her first passport application.  With her Daddy having family abroad it’s important to have her passport incase of any familY emergencies.. some friends of ours has a hard time when they had a family emergency abroad and their youngest didn’t have an in date passport.  

• Meme210, sounds like things are going in the right direction for babies weight which is great news. 
    How is everyone else doing? 

• Anyone started their period yet ? My son is 5 weeks and I'm sure I've started a very light period today 😐

• Sandy I haven’t yet but harrys only 4 weeks tomorrow! 

I managed to catch my little harry smiling this morning 😍

• I haven’t but Arthur is only 2 and a half weeks and I’m breastfeeding so I’m hoping it will stay away for a while!

• Baby weighed 6lb 14 tonight and we’ve been discharged by the midwife now, so happy shes Gaining well now (birth weight 6lb 13 so has now passed it)

ive been getting Little ones passport sorted 

• Danielle as promised here is a picture of Áine with her Gro comforter - she’s 5 weeks old but still small so it looks huge next to her 😂

• We’ve not posted since our birth story! Congratulations to everyone the babies are all so beautiful! What a lovely lot 😍 

Roman is now 6 weeks old and smiling, trying to roll, shouting and laughing!! He is wonderful and we are properly finding our feet now and trying to get out and about daily. We’re even going swimming for the first time tomorrow. 

We tried breastfeeding ding but it didn’t work out as my milk never properly came in so never more than an Oz a day even pumping- he now a hungry boy on aptam hungry baby 5oz every 3 hours! He’s gained a lot from 5.4 at birth he’s now 9.2!! 

heres some pics of our chunky monkey! 

imageimage

• imageI’m finally posting with some good news, my infection has cleared and I am officially on the mend! Antibiotics end tomorrow and we got discharged from the midwife yesterday, Olivia is just over 2 weeks now and has put on weight every time she’s been weighed, she’s so alert and awake a lot more it’s so nice to see. We’re starting to get into a routine for bedtime and she loves being around people, she’s so nosey. My partner goes back to work tomorrow and works nightshift so I think I might struggle the next few nights while we adjust but I’m not worried 🙈 love seeing everyones baby pictures, they’re all so adorable!

• Awwww 3 very lovely babies!!!

glad you’re on the mend emma!