Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2018 Babies

Replies

• Hi everyone, just a quickie we're hoping you can help with... this soon-to-be mum is having what she thinks might be labour pains - any chance you can help out on her thread here? 

• Took Olivia on her first proper outing today, we went for a walk along the beach, she slept the whole time so I think it was more for my sanity than for her 🙈 image

• Awww lovely beach walk for a first outing. Our first trip out was Morrisons 😂, we’ve since mastered town, coffee shops & restaurants.

how is everyone doing? 

My little chaps feet are growing quicker than anything else so his clothes no longer fit his feet, bigger clothes drown him... he looks ridiculous.

his eye is ok now too, cleaning everytime i changed his nappy meant it went away after a few days.

THIS right here is what saturday nights were made for!! Sofa cuddles with my favourite person in the world! (And Daddy!)

• Joner we had that problem with the feet of some babygrows.  Asda, boots and marks n Spencer’s seem ok.  So far all mine and baby’s outings have been with my Husband.  Next week we might sort of venture out without him a little.  He will drive us to where we need to ho as I’m worried about someone crashing into our car especially until  stitches have completely healed,  also think I would struggle to concentrate on the road and not my baby still at the moment.  During our outing I’m planning to meet my cousins and a friend for lunch or coffee

• Meme i struggled with the thought of driving with him on my own as when OH was driving i sat in the back to keep an eye on Benji, took nearly 3 weeks for me to feel ok driving and not staring at him to make sure he was safe. We do have one of those mirrors though so i can glance at him.

doing the right thing waiting until you’re comfortable with your stitches though.

my first day in town on my own was a nightmare BUT did me the world of good, i had a baby with a poorly belly & inconsolable, in the space of an hour we had a nappy situation, feed requirement, i thought my usual car park was baby friendly, very much isnt, i realised i knew nothing about where i could locate baby friendly facilities in town & the little chap was screaming about his belly the entire time. It was all a bit much for my first outing alone (was only day 8 too!), caved and went home, cried on the drive home as felt like a failure knowing nothing about where i could park, change him etc. (Was just very overwhelming i think)

i’ve been back on my own a couple of times since & am much more prepared, i know my timings for between feeds etc, i know wheres good to park, stop for coffee etc. Been out twice this week to do things and had lunch out just us 2 and loved every second, i think the first crappy emotional trip out did me good 😂

meeting your friend for lunch sounds great 😁

• We’ve been to our town centre loads with Hubby whilst I was breastfeeding, I was surprising very couldn’t careless about having a boob out feeding.  Now I have to take into consideration making bottles.  On one of our outings we chose to go to marks and spencers to use changing facility, she peed on hereekf whilst being changed - i had forgotten I had taken spare outfit out of changing bag - hubby had to go buy another whilst I cleaned up.  She would of had to have gone naked otherwise 

• Hi everyone. We have a sponsored discussion with Hobbycraft where you could win £200 Amazon vouchers - you can find it here, if you fancy having a go. 
    You can also see what else is happening on the forum today, by clicking here.

• How’s everyone doing? 

We definitely have a little smiler now! 

We’re smiley too 😁

my amazing singing brings it on, we’ve worked through disney songs this week & they’re going down a treat 😂

Harry looks like he’s going to be a cheeky boy, got a cheeky little smile.

• image Got me a little smiler too, this was her first proper smile, managed to capture a series of photo’s of the smile getting bigger, I was so happy

• Awww thats lovely Emma. How you doing with your recovery? 

• So much better now Joner thank you for asking, starting to feel back to normal now, how are you?

• Good glad to hear it.

really good thanks. Treated us to a second perfect prep machine earlier this week so now have one upstairs in Bennys room for his middle of the night feasts, not having to walk downstairs & gaining that extra 90 seconds or so is amazing! Managing to change him & feed him without him fully waking up 😁 happy baby!

loving life, so happy!

• I love my prep machine! By far one of the best purchases we made, without that and the sleepyhead I’m not sure how id make it through the night! My partner is back working night shift so we’re having to adjust again but Olivia is quite good at sleeping on a night, she will normally go down between 10 and 12 and be up between 3 and 5 for a bottle and will sleep through till about 10 

we’re looking to get moved, we live in an upstairs flat and have been trying to get moved for a while but it’s become more urgent now, I can’t bring my pram upstairs because there’s no room so I’m having to disturb her if we’ve been out and she’s asleep in it, plus the stairs are really steep so I want to be moved before shes moving around 

• Lovely baby smiles! So adorable! 

joner he’s definitely a cheeky boy! We also have a perfect prep machine had one with lily too don’t know how people live without one???? What a great idea to have one upstairs ???? although me & oh have a deal I’ll do all the feeds but he’ll go downstairs to make the bottles as he can’t stay awake and I hate getting out of bed ???? 

emma so glad your recovery is going well that’s great!

afm my oldest baby was 4 last Thursday ???? & starts school next Wednesday can’t believe how quickly it has gone! 

Harry is 6 weeks tomorrow and he’s thriving he was 10lb12oz at 5 weeks hes getting so big! We are getting so many smiles now, he’s such a happy soul! 

How is everyone doing? How much do everyone’s babies weigh and at how many weeks?

• Harry’s so cute! Aren’t smiles the best? Happy birthday Lily xx

Áine was 8lb 14oz on Friday - she turned 7 weeks on Tuesday, it’s gone so quickly! She has her jabs next Thurs which I’m dreading 😔She‘s sleeping 7 hours at night which is a lifesaver for me, managing to get decent sleep but i’m sure that will change.

Is anyone starting baby classes soon?

• imageOlivia was 4 weeks old on Tuesday, honestly don’t know where the time has gone! She was weighed yesterday and now weighs 9lbs 15oz!

• My baby hasn’t been weighed since she was 2& half weeks old despite being slow and only just passing birth weight then. midwives

discharged  to hv.. hv came on scales as they tlhad to br sent in to be calibrated that day... hv said going on hols for 2 weeks - not seen anyone since.  I keep forgetting to go to one of their drop in clinics    must Go Monday 

Seems my girl has reflux, she’s beinv very sicky after feeds I’m terrified she will choke in her vomit because she really struggles sometimes to get it out. I spoke to a Doctor on the phone and he prescribed Carobel.  Day 1 today done two feeds.. slight improvement so far 

• Hi ladies (and beautiful babies)! 

Avaline is now just over 8lbs and seems to be getting so big, but is still tiny really compared to most kiddies her age. She’s a proper smiler though and loves to babble away to me, to herself, and genuinely to anyone who will listen.

She sleeps really well and is such a chilled out little girl, I can barely believe it! I feel really lucky. Especially as I am on my own, she is an utter dream. We do bath, book, bottle and bed at 8pm, she sleeps through until about 3, another bottle and a change and then down until 7am. so not bad at all 👌 

I always seem to miss the big gummy grins for the pictures 🙄 haha xx

• Hello ladies! Loving all the pics and to catch up in how everyone is doing. Arthur is just over a month old now and has gone from 8lb 12 to 10lb 7!!! We’re still struggling with colic and I’ve cut out all dairy from my diet just incase that’s causing discomfort and he’s has very mucousy poo. 

Is it too early to try and get him into a routine yet? I keep googling and everybody has said after 3 months is when routine building should start? At the moment his days are all over the place, sometimes he has 3-4 really good long naps (3-4) hrs during the day and others (yesterday) I was googling “is it safe for a newborn to be awake all day” because he went all day only having 10-20 min naps (hard day!!). Night time he goes down anywhere from 9-12 and wakes roughly 3 hr for feed, which I find pretty good but it seems some of you are getting in some serious shut eye ❤️

image image