Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

July 2018 Babies

Replies

• Hi Danielle

I am going well at the moment.  Think babies starting to teeth.  She’s had reflux problems but I think we have a combination which is working now.  We’ve had some rough times.  Baby had an accident at home and was in hospital with an injury but is healing well and The pediatriciaN said she seems like a healthy baby baby.  She is 12 weeks and weighed 5.3kg hv said shes following her previous pattern so that’s the right weight for her.  In hospital they weighed her and they told us 5.5, not sure if they got it wrong but I will keep an eye on her next weigh-in.  

• Hi ladies! Sorry, it’s been so long since I’ve checked in! Had a quick scan through the previous posts and you are all doing so wonderfully. To those with any worries, i hope all is okay and just remember you’re doing amazingly.

Being a single mum has been tough, but neither me or my girl know any differently, so we’ve bossed it so far I think 😊 I’ve been very fortunate that my little lady has been a dream, and is now a healthy and active (almost) four month old! She likes cuddles, her bumbo, and her favourite cuddly toy, Bun Bun 😂

I’ll have a proper read through all your posts now. Much love, mamas xxximage

• Well done Elizabeth, I can’t imagine doing this all on my own so massive respect for you!

Does anybody else sling their babe? This is me and Arthur out for a chilly walk yesterday. He loves it much more than the pram. 

• My little one is 15 weeks today the time is flying !! He has so much hair he even has had his first hair cut !! Anyone else experiencing teething signs ? It's so hard watching them uncomfortable and grouchy 

imageimage

• Hi Sandy, wer getting the start of teething here I think your right it is hard. 

• Elizabeth - hats off to you, I have a Husband who works long hours but he’s here with us- I can’t imagine how hard it must be for you alone 

• Hi everyone, how’s it going for you and the babies? Quickie, have any of you tried Carobel for babies with reflux? If so, can you help one of our members here on this thread please? If you’ve not tried Carobel but have had a baby with reflux, we’re sure she’s appreciate any wise words you can offer. 😊

• Hi everyone hope you’re all well! Harry is 16 weeks old today and thriving, he’s such a good boy I’m so lucky, he barely cries at all he’s an angel, i also think he’s teething, he’s doesnt seem uncomfortable with it yet but his cheeks are sometimes really red & so so so much dribble! I think it’ll be a while until one actually comes through though! I had an implant fitted last week I think I’m coming To terms with not having anymore now although it does still make me sad ☹️ How are all the mummy’s and babies doing?

• Hi everyone, glad to read that mammy’s babies are all doing well! Such little cuties as well!

Olivia was 14 weeks on Tuesday and she’s doing so well, she wasnt bothered in the slightest by her injections and even smiled at the nurse who gave her them, she’s come off gripe water as she’s doing much better with her wind and is up to 7 ounce bottles, last time she was weighed she was up to 12lbs! No signs of teething yet, she’s super drooley and has EVERYTHING in her mouth so I don’t think it will be too long. 

Bought around 10 first christmas outfits cause I can’t help myself, they’re so cute 🙈 and got her christening booked for the end of January, time seems to just be going too fast! 

• HI everyone! I’m sorry I’ve left it this long to respond! your babies are looking so cute and glad everyone is well. I’ve been a bit up and down but mainly up! I’d discovered I’d suffered a prolapse from the force of the forceps so been told to do plenty of pelvic floor exercises to avoid surgery. I go back in 6 weeks for a check up. I‘ve been a little down about stopping breast feeding but getting there 🙏. Ava is doing really well, she’s a diva and still doesn’t sleep through the night but love her to bits and is really showing her personality now. She laughs so much when I do squats whilst I hold her, or if I blow raspberries in her face or on her tummy 😃 Shes 4 months now and got her weighed last week and shes 13lb. She‘s has long legs so is now in 6-9 month baby grows! We had to cut the feet off some of her 3-6 just to get some extra days out of them haha. 

image imageimage

• Hi all good 

my baby girl is doing well although we currently both have a cold.  She’s booked to have her first injections next week, we had to previously Delay it.  She has moved from the 25th centile to the  50th centile and was 13lb at 16 weeks.  Like your little lady Crombo she is tall and in 6-9 month sleep suits And even some of them need replacing with 9-12 months now I think as they look tight on the toes 

• Hi all, good to see you and your little ones are doing well!

Has anyone thought weaning yet? I‘m thinking of starting to introduce solids around the 5 month mark. Arthur is still ebf and I want to continue to feed him until he self weans but he is MEGA interested in food. He tries to grab it out my hand and is fascinated with people eating (literally one of the full proof ways of getting him to stop crying). I know the guidance is 6 months but I feel this is what’s right for him.

Also, does anyone use cloth nappies? I’m thinking of making the switch but am completely overwhelmed  all the different types!

Pic of little man after waking from a (rate) nap the other day.

• Hi KMH my little one is the same for food, she’s desperate to be fed, she literally screams at you for your food when you’re eating, it’s so hard to know what to do for the best when the guidance is 6 months, I don’t think she’ll last another 2 month though! How old is your little one? I have read and been told by HV that it’s safe to start introducing baby rice etc from 17 weeks, not sure what we are going to do yet though x

• Hi everyone glad everyone’s doing okay! 

all babies are absolutely beautiful can anyone believe how quickly its all gone & how big they are?! I had harry weighed a couple of weeks ago and he was 16lb 3oz!!! He’s also rolling now! 

i spoke to health visitor about weaning a bit earlier as Harry’s really interested in food to he actually does a chewing motion with his mouth when we are eating (so cute) but she said weaning early can make them more likely to be allergic to food which has put me off, lily also started choking to the point she couldn’t breathe at all i Thought I was gunna lose her so I’m really scared as it is so I’m just gunna wait until 6 months 

heres harry giving me a big cuddle a few nights ago 

• Hi All

Roman is now 21 weeks (tomorrow) and he’s been eating one veg or fruit each day for two weeks now. He was chewing when we were eating and becoming very upset and frustrated and with a lack of interest in milk pretty much since being born we decided to go for it and he’s doing so well! We’ll be staying on one per day until Christmas when we’ll try meat. 

He chats and smiles and is super terrible at sleeping- he still gets up 4/5 times a night but is now in his own bedroom which is better as I’m not waking him up anymore- I go back to work in 7 weeks 😬😕 and he’ll be coming to nursery with me (I’m the manager) dreading it very much as he’s super clingy and only wants his mama! image

• My lo is 17 weeks.  I’m not planning to wean until 6 months.  Husband is on about giving her little tastes next month.  I think he thinks baby’s eat huge amountS and a little taste is nothing.  I think I’ve decided that I’m going to do purees to start with rather than blw.  I’m planning to batch cook and freeze then just take out what I want each day.  

Im so Worried she will choke mummytolily... it’s so difficult to relax about

• I know the guidance is 6 months but most (emphasis on most!) babies digestive system isn’t able to tolerate solid food from around 4 months. In regards to allergy risk from weaning early the HV shouldn’t have said that, a study was done in the last 3 years that actually showed introducing high allergy foods earlier resulted in LESS childhood allergies lol!

Go with what you feel your baby is ready for. Arthur will be a few days off 5 months when he has his first proper puréed food and I’m comfortable with that. 

• IS likely to tolerate- does anybody else’s autocorrect go abit mental on this website?!

• Meme it is so scary luckily I was at my mums and my stepdad got it up the best advice I can give is do not panic, I was literally flapping around crying I was no help at all I just kept patting her back and then my stepdad came along gave her one big wack and it was out so weaning is not my favourite part of being a parent 😭 maybe Try and do a baby & child first aid course before you start? 

kmh it’s funny you say that because I thought I’d heard of that when she told me about the allergies! It’s more the choking thing with me, I started lily on baby porridge & rice at 4 months and she didn’t choke til she was 7 months on melon ... it’s safe to say when we Start weaning they’ll be no melon in my house 😂 

• Hello everyone! 

Its been a while. I switched my notifications off for this thread during those early newborn weeks when everything was manic and I completely forgot about it! I have Esther who was born at home on the 14th July so is now 4.5 months. Had a little look back at the messages, loving the mucky smiley weaning faces 💚 we aren’t weaning until 6 months because Esther still sicks up after most feeds which makes me think she can’t be ready for anything more solid yet... like to give her little tastes every now and then though.

KMH27 I do cloth nappies! Absolutely love them. We started with cloth wipes (brand called cheeky wipes) which I would recommend to anyone. You’d definitely save a lot of money. I think we have bought about 3 or 4 packs of disposable wipes since she’s been born. The cloth nappy scene is definitely a bit overwhelming because there is a lot to choose from. We use a few different brands of one size pocket nappy (mainly one called Alva baby and all poppers rather than soft velcro). I stuff them with one microfibre booster and a one bamboo. The microfibre on top which absorbs quickly so draws the moisture away from baby but doesn’t hold much so the bamboo underneath absorbs slowly but holds loads. I’ve been doing them since about 8 weeks because we had to wait for them to fit her little chicken legs 😂 it’s all about a good fit - I have never had a poo leak in a cloth nappy, but have had a few wet corners of vests if she’s done one wee too many in one. You should aim to change them every three hours. I have to say that I find it extremely satisfying to do a nappy change and send literally nothing to landfill. I’d say I do 75% cloth and the rest disposable. We haven’t tried cloth at night yet but I need to take the plunge. I have some lovely big and soft charcoal/bamboo boosters for it. 

Once they have been used then I take the booster out and put them all in a big wet bag in the cupboard under the sink (you can get a fancy pail, but we have found what we do works fine and we don’t get any smells!). Sometimes I do an exclusive nappy and wipes wash (normal detergent but NO fabric conditioner which makes the boosters less absorbent) with nappy sanitiser. However because Esther is exclusively breastfed then everything she ejects (haha) is completely natural and soluble so you can wash the nappies in with your clothes if you need to Making sure you add nappy sanitiser. Once she starts weaning then you can’t really do that anymore. They all go in the tumble dryer or line dry in the summer. If there are any stains then the sun just bleaches them away! It’s great! I think if you had a heated airer you could get away without a tumble dryer but I have found it fairly essential now it’s cold! 

There is so much more I can tell you about cloth but wont go on and on too much here because I appreciate it’s not for everyone! Just PM me if you have any questions. Here’s a picture of Esther with a lovely fluffy bum!image