Forum home Babies Baby

Rainbow Babies 🌈👶

Replies

• Hi everyone just thought I would check in, your babies are growing up so fast. I'm 26+1 now so won't be long before I join you hopefully. C section is booked for Feb 14th

• Whalechick that's awful, if you don't want her to go they shouldn't try! I'm big on all things Christmas so I'm desparate to take her. Hubby's cousins are 4 and 5 and their parents don't believe in telling the kids about Santa. They want the kids to know the Christian side of the story and I respect that. However every year they receive gifts from people labelled from Santa - not sure why people can't just leave it!

Good luck back at work. Just focus on when the season is over and all the time you'll have with Freyja 😍.

Honeybee glad it's going well! Looking forward to your birth announcement!

• HEY guys I’ve been missing loads my emails have been going to junk :( 

glad your all doing well and babies are growing and healthy and happy

Mrs b that sounds a nightmare with the airline they should just stick to one thing how confusing, ad if packing for a holiday and going isn’t hard enough with a little one without them making it harder 

whalechick will Be thinking of you as you go back to work I know it must be hard but just think of the example 

• Ugh my emails have been going to junk glad your all doing well 

mrs b what a night mate with the airline, travelong with a baby is hard enough I’m sure without them making it harder 

whalexhick will be thinking of you as you go back to work I’m sure it must be really hard but your setting a great example to your daughter of a hard working woman 

happy birthday mrs fish hope you had a lovely time, sorry about the spotting though I’m out too and af was a week late so I’m very confused, I really thought this ws my month but it wasn’t meant to be unfortunately 

lisil hopw your doing well

and you ele 

and bobble too 

so nice that this group is full of so many girls now :) 

• How are you mrsrees?

not long at all, honeybee, and a valentines baby! How lovey. 

MrsB, I love Christmas and all the tacky, over the top, pomp and awesomeness of it all, and she will be told about Santa (although I say mummy and daddy send him money, not that he works for free, lol), I just don’t want to tell her all year to be weary of strangers then sit her on the knee of a man she doesn’t know and tell her to tell him to bring her presents. I know it is quite odd, lol. 

I would be so annoyed if I raised my kids on the Christian side of things and people gave them gifts from Santa. People may not agree with a parents choice but it isn’t hard to respect it. 

• Whalechick totally get where you're coming from re: Santa. I'm not sure we'll be taking her every year, just this to year to see a proper department store type one. All out local ones are rubbish and Im worried it would ruin the illusion. For example, they've asked my husband to play Santa at his work ls breakfast with Santa - I can't help but feel for all the kids 😂!

I hope your work is going OK, although you must be tired with a baby too!

We got the airline sorted. Ended up getting them to confirm on Twitter so I have it in writing incase they start their nonsense at the gate - in a week at this time we'll be pre-boarding.

Can I ask if any of your little ones suddenly dropped a feed? She's 11 weeks today, according to the Wonder Weeks app she's having a growth spurt and should be wanting to feed more (other signs are there) but suddenly she's gone from 5 6oz bottles a day to 4, and she doesn't finish at least one of them! We've been putting her to bed at 9 every night and trying to get her in a wee routine which is when it started but worried she's not getting enough to eat with it!

Hope everyone is getting on ok and Christmas preparations are coming together!

• MrsB she will let you know if she is hungry, don’t worry, as soon as you seem to get them into a routine it all changed!! Glad you got your flight sorted. 

Amelie was really good with the flying and behaved well, she didn’t sleep great as there is loads of distractions with food service and announcements etc and she was right under a screen, 

gutted to be home, we had such an amazing time, it was 38 when we left and -4 when we got home 😬

• Aw MrsFish look at her - living the life of luxury! 😍

I'm still not finished packing but got her a wee pair of ear defender's in the hope she sleeps a little. Been a nightmare of a week 😂 I've had to get steroid injections for my tendonitis and we're currently sat in out of hours with Evelyn. Her birthmark has formed a black scab so the pharmacist insisted we get it checked before we go in case it's turning into an ulcer. But it's OK, we still have 2 relaxing weeks to look forward to - not quite 38 though, I think it's colder than here 😂

• Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been so busy so not been on much!

Mrs b glad you got it sorted with the airline soon. Hallie dropped a feed and went from 5 to 4 a day. I can't remember how old she was but she was under 4 months I think. 

Whale chick the blanket is amazing! Your sister should look into making a little side business if she doesn't already! Hope work has been ok.

Mrs fish your holiday looks amazing. I'm so jealous. I hope you had a lovely time and a fabulous birthday - what a way to celebrate!

Bobble, Ele and Mrs Rees I hope you're all well.

As for me, Hallie turned 8 months on Thursday! Where has that time gone at all?! We will be taking her to see santa at Dobbys Garden Centre. You get to pick the toy they get and the toy is only worth about £2 less than the entry which is good. I've chosen there because I've heard the grotto is nice and lots to look at and at her age that's what matters. We are also taking her to the lanterns and Chester zoo and the ones at knowsley safari park too as she'll love the lights.

She's so big now, although still a short arse 😂 here's a few pictures from around a month ago at a shoot and then 1 today at tea time, excuse the messy tray from the aftermath of ger flavoured rice cakes 😂 xxx

• Lisl, sorry thought I had replied to this! She is just deliciously gorgeous!! Such a happy cutie!! 

Millie has dropped her mid morning feed, and now goes all the May from brekkie to lunch - although is only 3 hours 😂😂

MrsB how’s Evelyn’s birth mark? When do you go away? Can’t be long now!! 

Whalechick how are things with you? And everyone else? Are we all getting ready for Xmas? 

• Mrs fish Millie looks so gorgeous and happy! Love that photo!

Hallie has also dropped a feed so we are down to 3 bottles a day. We have morning bottle and then breakfast an hour later, bottle around 1pm as we haven't introduced a 3rd meal yet then tea around 5pm and then her bed time bottle around 7pm

Xx

• Lisil. Hallie just gets more beautiful every day!

MrsFish so does Millie - look at her with her baby.

We're in the states just now. The flight itself was fine but when we got to the airport they tried to say the little ones ticket wasn't paid for. Almost an hour at check-in so that's an ongoing battle for when we get home!

Her birthmark looks like it's started to ulcerate. The scabs came off a couple of days ago and it's a bit weepy so we have it bandaged and have to try not to touch it. We packed for snow but it's been 20 degrees so at least we don't need long sleeves much!

Guess who we met at dinner last night.... I nearly fell off my seat when he walked in.

• Awww these babas are growing so quickly 

tomorrow would have been my first angels 1st birthday I feel like I should be planning cake smash photo shoots and a little tea party but never mind that’s how it is and I’m sure I will be doing those things in the future 

Glad your having a good time in the states Mrs b xx

• Such a lovey pic MrsB.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your time awaY.  

Confused about paying for the seat for bubba in the plane, must have missed something......

Mrs Rees, will be thinking of you xx

• Hi everyone!

How are you all?

Can't believe how big all the babies are getting! Little bubba is now 15 weeks! 

I need some advice! My hubby want some to go to thailand for a month in January. I am due back at work in Feb so he wants to take advantage of this. We won't ever be able to do it again probably. I'm just concerned about the 12 hour flight, the heat, the mozzies etc etc!! We go every year but not with a baby 🙈 

Many advice/ tips would be great?

We travel to spain on wednesday for a week so I'll see how that goes first ha but obviously won't  be very warm there but will see how she is on the flight xx

• Mickeys we went to Florida in August, so the hottest month and most humid month too. It was an 8 hour flight and Hallie was 4 months and she was absolutely fine. We bought a fan to clip on the pram and that really helped. She picked up a bottle during our 2 weeks there but dropped it again when we got home so think it was just the heat we also did try to give her some cooled boiled water in bottle too xx

• Ohhhh good idea! Where did you get the fan from?

I'm most concerned about the mozzies I think. We use a repelent with a high amount of deet but this isn't safe on babies so would have no idea what to use for her. Plus there are mozzies in the day too so have to be careful at all times! 

• We got it from John Lewis in the sale but it's like this blue and white one from Amazon. I'm sure you can get mozzie spray for babies but not 100% sure xx

• Mickey we have just come back from Mauritius, and although Amwlienis older (8 months) we are planning on going to Oz nx Xmas with a very small bubba if I fall again, and am not concerned about going.

we use something called skin soft from Avon for mozzie’s - apparently it’s what the sas use, it’s bot got deet in, but really seems to work - hubbie was the only one who got bit, and he forgot to put it on - I would definitely make the most of the opportunity xx

• Ladies!! Any advice on leap 4/ 4 month sleep regression? Ailbhía is up every hour feeding in the night!! I'm exhausted 🙈🙈

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions