Forum home Babies Baby

Rainbow Babies 🌈👶

Replies

• Hey Mickey. 

Evelyn hasn't been as bad with the sleep regression although she's a week younger so maybe it's still to hit. She has been a bit harder to settle and has suddenly started waking up crying at 4am - I had just assumed it was jetlag but now I'm wondering.

I do find she goes back to sleep after a bit of fussing if I just shush her - no light, no lifting, no eye contact. Although if her daddy gets up he can't help chatting away to her and then she's a nightmare to get back down!

I think I had mentioned we went to out of hours before we flew because her birthmark was painful? The GP assured me it was '100% not an ulcer' and gave her antibiotics. Well it got worse while we were away and I went back to my surgery. It's one of the biggest haemagioma birthmarks he's seen - so angry. We're being referred to the hospital for treatment. Always trust your mother's intuition! After all the campaigning about not giving unnecessary antibiotics and that's exactly what they've done and she's so young too!

Hope Xmas prep is going well for everyone! X

• MickeyS younjust got to role with it I am afraid.  Some days will be better than others.  Try to delete a good routine and do what makes it easiest for you.  I know some mumma’s that have had it terrible, waking baby every hour etc 😬 hugs to you, I hope you come out the other side of it quickly xx 

• Merry Christmas girls enjoy your Christmas with your babies for their first Christmas 🎄 

i will be lighting my candle for our angels 👼 as is now tradition ❤️ 

• Merry Christmas MrsRees. We have a Christmas decoration on our tree for my angel baby Jacob and some angel wings for the other baby I lost in the summer. 

2019 will be our year! I’m sticking with that.

To those already with your precious babies... enjoy every single minute.

Have a magical Christmas everyone.😘😘😘

• Merry Christmas everyone! Hope all the babies have a fabulous first Christmas!

MrsRees and EmJ we've also got a little tree decoration for the wee one we lost last year. I love the candle idea too ♥️. I'm certain 2019 will be both of your year xx

• Ladies - any advice on what to do? 

I'm getting more and more concerned about the shape of the wee ones head. All through pregnancy I was paranoid about her getting plagiocephaly and her head shape seems to be getting worse! I first noticed it at 12 weeks and don't know what to do about it.

I know the NHS won't do anything about it but should I take her to see our GP/HV anyway? My mum says it's not as bad as I think but to me it's so obvious!

Also have you ever tried to take a picture of the top of their heads without them looking up? 😂

• Mrs b I don’t know if I’m just being stupid 😂 but I can’t see anything wrong with the shape of her head? 

• I did just look up that thing though as I didn’t know what it was! I wouldn’t worry her skull isn’t fused together yet and may appear slightly flat from laying down so much once she starts sitting up it’ll probably correct it Self! Does she have a jumperoo or a walker  that She can go in rather than laying down if you’re busy? 

• MummytoL+H it might all be me and hubby panicking it just seems really flat on the one side. We got a pillow for when she's napping/in her bouncer but she's in her jumperoo or sitting on my knee a lot. Last night I hung a load of cot toys along the side of her cot to try and encourage her to face the other way, but as soon as she's sleeping she tips it back the other way! 

Paranoid first time mum over here! I think it's more obvious on this picture and it doesn't help her crown is off to one side! 

• Oh bless her! I completely understand I’m a paranoid second time mum Hahahaha constantly worrying about something! I’d definitely speak to your health visifor about it if you’re worried, even though they can’t change anything she might be able to give you some advice on getting her to sleep the other way! But I’m sorry I still can’t see anything wrong 😭 xx

• What does she look like from the side? 

• I agree with mummytolilyandharry, I can't see anything either! Try not to worry and if you are the speak to HV xx

• MrsB639, my daughter had this as a baby (though my daughters was really, really prominent - she always favoured sleeping with her head on the flatter side - we tried pillows too) and as she grew, it evened out a little - you would never know now as she has long hair now (she's 5) but when I wash her hair, I can feel one side of her head feels different to the other!

I'd only be really concerned if my girl decides to shave off her hair one day 😂😂😂

• Thanks ladies, it's reassuring that it isnt as obvious to anyone else as it is to me.

MummytoL+H I feel like it's not as rounded as it used to be when looking from the side (at least on the flattened side) and I'm really hoping it doesn't get worse. I dont have 2k for a helmet to fix it! 

Danielle I keep thinking she's a girl and her hair will cover it - so like you hoping she won't want to have it cut really short!

Lisil how is Hallie getting on?

We went swimming for the first time today. She absolutely loved it - stayed in the pool for an hour and then had a meltdown when we got her out. Definitely a water baby so I've put her name on the waitlist for baby swim lessons :) 

• Hi ladies, wow haven't your little ones grown. Just wanted to let you know I will be joining you in just over three weeks. I am booked for a c section February 14th. Xxx

• Mrs b I definitely don’t think it’s anything she would worry about starting school or whatever I can’t see anything but you’ll notice especially if you were worried about it during pregnancy! I have a big nose so always worry about lily and harry having one so I always run my fingers down there noses to check for bumps 😂 definitely agree with Danielle too! Not many little girls what short hair so I think you’ll be okay! so glad she loved swimming! 

Honey bee how exciting!! Do you have any names picked out? 

Harry will be 6 months tomorrow 6 MONTHS!!!! Where the time has gone I don’t know! He’s quite poorly atm and on antibiotics bless him 😭

• Mrsb I can’t see it either but I totally get being a worried mum. She’s gorgeous. 

Mumytolily&harry- lovely pic. Hope Harry’s feeling better very soon.

honey- that’s so exciting. Can’t wait till you can post a pic of your gorgeous baby boy.

xxxxx

• Hallie is good thank you. 10 months on Tuesday. So not crawling 🙈 the lazy little madam but loves pulling herself to standing using our hands and has also learnt to bum shuffle haha! She can clap hands, wave and say Mama 😍

We do turtle tots with Hallie and it's so good. I think it's a really nice thing for babies to do.

Harry and Lily are as adorable as ever!

Can't wait to see the new babies. I'm so behind with who is due etc as not been getting notifications from the other thread!

Tried to uploaded some recent pics but it's not working xx

• MummytoL+H they're both so alike! And very very cute! 

Lisil I can't believe she's 10 months! It feels like yesterday you were posting her first pictures!

Honey I can't wait to see your little one too!

Controversial but I've started giving the wee one some food. I know guidelines say 6 months for weaning but she's hungry ALL the time (almost 5 months) and refuses extra milk. My HV is actually pretty understanding and says that she thinks mum's know best and she's sitting up and showing an interest in it. Just a couple of spoonfuls of thin puree/rice a day at the moment but she's much happier and I don't think that's a coincidence!

• No names picked out yet ladies, a few ideas but waiting to meet our little man first. 

Steffyjane is due in just over a week. Dee2dee gave birth about a week or so ago then I think it's my turn in just over 3weeks. So excited.

However my man is worried about bringing on labour so aparently sex is off the table until everything is ready. Did anyone elses partners go off sex abit during pregnancy? Does it come back again afterwards. It was all the time before I fell pregnant and has only been four or five times during the pregnancy and now when my hormones need it the most he bans me. Grrrrrrr. 

How's the mummys doing with breast feeding? I tried with my two girls but only got to three days with both. Eldest I had a huge infection and had to stop and youngest I couldn't get her off the breast and felt unable to keep up. But want to do better this time. What should I make sure I have to be ready?

Xxx

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions