Forum home Babies Baby

Rainbow Babies 🌈👶

Replies

• Hey ladies how is everyone doing? Babies are looking gorgeous! Lovely to hear from you mummytoL&H I thought you’d left us 😩

Isla is almost a year old now, I can’t quite believe how quickly it’s gone! 

ive briefly mentioned before... some of you may not of seen. Wondering if any of you lovely ladies are looking to shift your baby weight/tone up/build muscle/boost your energy levels? I’ve had a great product result (3 stone loss in 6 months) and now I’m working with Herbalife Nutrition (im also a qualified nutritionist) and looking for new clients to help on their journeys to wellness 💪🏼💚 products are safe to use whilst pregnant & breastfeeding too! Are any of you interested in more details? Perhaps you’d like to have a look at my Instagram page? emma_hblnutrition. Don’t worry madeformums im happy for my instagram username to be on here x 

• Glad your doing well ele and can’t believe Isla is nearly a year old it has gone so fast 

hope everyone is doing good too :) 

im in 2ww af due in 3 days if it sticks with the 27 day cycle but I got ewcm on day 15 and 16 so may have ovulated 2/3 days earlier than I expected 

• Later not earlier 

• Hi Ladies! Hope you are all well!

MrsB- I'm glad to see you have given Evelyn some food before 6 months. We gave Ailbhía a small amount of mashed banana and she loved it. She turned 5 months on 27th Jan.

We also took the leap and we are currently in Thailand. She was really good on the flight and is loving the hot weather! The Thai people are obsessed with her so we have babysitters on tap whilst we eat etc :-)

She is however, still waking up every 2 hours 🙈 

Here is a current pic...image

• Mickey she's gorgeous ♥️ - glad I'm not the only one whose given food early as it seems to be quite taboo before 6 months. Oddly I can't get her to take any sweet food, she's much more into pea puree etc!

Hope you have a fab time in Thailand - I bet it's so relaxing and a nice change to the freezing weather here. Maybe her sleep will settle down a bit when you cross back over the time zones. We're a little disrupted just now so I think it might just be their age since they're a week apart. Although I don't think I could cope with every 2 hours so hats of to you!

I'm way to early to be thinking of this I know but is anyone looking at a cake smash photo shoot for their little ones first birthday? Ive looked about and the average seems to be £185 with about 5 images included. I've also found a local photographer who does portrait shoots for £50 and you get all the images as digital to print yourself - it seems more sensible to me to pay him for a shoot at 6 months and a year and just take along my own birthday props? 

• hey Everyone! i wish I could be as confident as you two with food, lily choked when she was 7 months (couldn’t breathe at all) so I’m petrified so he’s only had purees and Ella’s kitchen crisps so far 😬 I’ll feel more confident when he has teeth definitely! Mickey how lovely I love when people make a fuss over my kids 😍 she’s so beautiful! How do you pronounce her name? It’s lovely! Mrs B I never done a cake smash for lily but a friend of mine did and her daughter just sat and looked at the cake 😂 id maybe buy a cheap cake at Tesco a bit before and see if she actually does anything to it before paying all that money it is a great idea if they do smash it up though 😂! We finally got round to decorating Harry’s room I’ll post a picture! Can’t believe he’s 7 months in a couple of weeks 😭 gone so quickly! 

imageimageimage

• MummytoL+H Harry's room is stunning! Such a perfect room for a little boy!

I had the wee one in navy yesterday and everyone thought she was a boy - hairbands and pink tights from now on when she's in dark colours.

So far I've only really given her homemade foods, they're not totally smooth but defo not big enough bits for her to choke on. My mum had been letting her gnaw a banana when I was looking the other way this morning and a big bit came off and she was starting to choke - literally 2 minutes after I said not to let her have it. The kiddylicious blueberry wafers seem to be a new fave and are super melty for her.

imageimageimage

(Ignore my ever growing ironing pile!)

• Thank you! I had that with lily all the time even though she had a pink blanket on her lap 🙄 and with harry I sometimes get ‘it’ because people are to worried to assume he’s a boy because he’s always in grey 😂😂😂 ahh I bet you had the biggest fright of your life! I hate when people don’t listen 🙄 she’s your baby no one should go against your wishes! Harry has only just started liking those wafers! Hated them a few weeks ago but actually enjoys them now! He also loves yoghurt 😂 harrys is still completely smooth I’m just so worried! She choked on melon me & my mum had been trying to get it up and couldn’t I was just about to call an ambulance when my stepdad got it up, the scariest day of my life I really thought I was gunna lose her! 

• I think I'm still a bit worried because although she's sitting up she's not great at it and surely that's more risky with feeding. She seems to like anything that's disgusting! What kind of yogurt do you give Harry? Is it like Petit Filous or unflavoured natural type ones? And what age did you introduce them?

Totally get you not wanting to give him lumps just yet, he'll get them when he's ready for them. To be honest mine isn't meant to have bits I'm just useless at blending! Let me know if you have any good combos to try because I think my food will get a bit boring for her 😂. I can't wait until she's big enough to eat what we eat (even if blended).

• As long as she can sit up in her high chair shes fine, and as long as you are there she’ll be fine :) I’ve just been giving him the Tesco version of petit filous! So they are quite sweet! I started giving them to him like a week ago! So 6 months, i would wait til she’s like 6 months for certain things like daily & meat But fruit and veg she’s fine to have now! I haven’t been adventurous with what I’ve made him 😂 he’s main had single things so far to see what he likes so he’s had, carrot, peas, parsnips, avocado, apple, pear & swede, I’ve mixed together avocado & pear & carrot & swede so far, i normally make a good 5 portions so he eats the same thing for 5 day’s to give him a chance to see if he likes it, he has had some Ella’s kitchen pouches too but I don’t like them because they’re so watery the ones from 4 months are anyway! He’s also been having porridge every morning and he’s been finishing it every morning, he loves it! What has Evelyn loved? 

• Yeah I'd read dairy should be kept until a bit later. We've used some pouches when I've seen something I really fancy her having but don't want to make loads of! She's loving carrot and apple, and potato and cauliflower, I've also done mashed avocado with her milk to make it smoother which she managed a big portion of but hands down her favourite so far was minted peas which stank the whole place out. The Little Bistro pouches seem to be a bit thicker if we're out and need a quick meal but ready made is just so expensive by comparison isn't it 😂!

Will you be giving Harry tastes of chocolate etc? I'm really hoping people will listen to me and not feed her junk but I can't really control it when I'm back to work and she's got family looking after her.

5 days until her dermatology appointment and when I've gone to check on her her whole scab has come off of her wrist. I should be happy but I wanted them to see it at its worst so they would actually do something for her! It doesn't look painful nownow  I know the ulcer will flare again.

• Sounds like she’s doing really well! I bet it did 😂! Bless her! Ummmmm I will but I’m not sure when, I don’t mind them having junk food but I’ll teach him the same way I taught lily like she’ll say now can I have some crisps and I’ll say no and she’ll say can I have something healthy then 😂 so she knows he difference between what she can have a lot of and what’s a treat, there’s a sweet shop opposite her school so we let her go in there every Wednesday but that’s it and she never asks on any other day, I’d definitely never deprive them of having anything because one day they’ll just end up buying it all Themselves! Maybe just say to whoevers looking after her that you don’t mind her having it but can it Just be a little bit and I’d definitely try and wait until weaning is established if You can! weaning is by far the worst thing for me I hate it 😂 that and potty training haha! Although harry already thinks the world of lily she gets him In Hysterics so I’m hoping he’ll just want to copy her and just do it 😂 he’s got such a personality already lily knows he’s not allowed her toys and she had one on the table and he went to grab it and she moved it quickly and he gave her an evil look and pushed her 😂 she’s just so good with him! Me & lily had a girly day on Saturday, she had her ears pierced 6 weeks ago so we went earring shopping and had some lunch it was lovely just spending some time with her again we’re gunna make it a monthly thing now just go out the two of us!

do you have pictures of it To show them? Can you keep the scab to show them? Poor little sausage must be so horrible does it normally cause her pain? I don’t know if this will help but harrys had really dry skin (I know it’s no where near the same thing) but I’ve tried so many different moisturisers and nothings worked and a friend of mine showed me this article of a boy who had really bad eczema and used a cream from lush and it cleared it up within a few days! So I started looking it up and it’s helped with so many different skin conditions, so I bought some for harrys on Saturday and his skin in perfect now! It’s called Lush Dream Cream maybe have a look online and see if it’s helped anyone with the same thing as Evelyn xx

ive just found the article on MFM actually I’ll attach the link but it’s amazing stuff and has definitely worked on harry 

http://www.madeformums.com/news-and-gossip/lush-dream-cream-eczema-cure/43878.html

• I never know what I want to do with her food wise - initially said I was breastfeeding then couldn't, then I wasn't weaning til 6 months and only baby led weaning and that went out the window. Then I definitely wasn't doing pouches. Now I'm not wanting her to have junk until she's at least crawling age (unless she crawls really young) so hopefully that one will work out! I'm worried because I'm so overweight and my mum's the first to admit we ate badly as kids, all turkey twizzlers, happy faces and chocolate buttons! Poor little thing looks so like me and I don't want her to gain my bad eating habits too.

It's nice that you get girly days. I really hope I can do that when we have another (hopefully some time after she turns 1). I'm sure it's something she'll remember when she's older and I think it's so important for them to feel like they can come to their mum with anything - says the woman who was afraid to tell her mum she was pregnant at 28 and married. 

Is that the same cream they recommend for making them sleep? It sounds familiar. If it is I need a pot for me too 😂. I'll ask the GP tomorrow if I can get an appointment - she seems to have conjunctivitis and I've tried everything I can to clear it myself. It's just one thing after another with babies isn't it. They'll think I'm a right pain, I never went for years and I think I've been about 10 times since September (3 for me, the rest for her wrist). It probably wouldn't help the ulcer itself but might stop new horrible scabs forming. I been taking photos of it every couple of weeks to show how bad it is. I swear I'm not a hypochondriac!

• I was the same with breastfeeding I swore I was gunna exclusively breastfeed for 6 months I lasted all of 3 days! But tbf it wasn’t really my fault and I did keep trying but Never mind he’s happy with a bottle! Oh mrs b ☹️ the best thing I can say is she won’t gain your bad eating habits if you change them now, when she’s old enough to ask for it say no and occasionally say yes, you’ll find what works for her , there’s so many things you can buy for kids that are nice but are about 100 calories lily always has one of those in her lunch box at school (chocolate covered raisins, animal biscuits, little packet of fingers) and then she feels like she’s had the little treat but its a suitable size, they also do like oat bars you’ll find them with the baby food she loves them! 

Do you not have a close relationship with Your mum then? ☹️ Yeah it’s definitely so important! You’ll be able to do it! 

its Not the same cream no although I’ve heard that’s amazing too! hopefully They can see that! harry Had conjunctivitis on NYE they tried to give me eyedrops as if a babies gunna let you put something in there eye 😂 i asked for the cream instead was gone within a day! 

• Currently on hold with my doctor's surgery for an appointment - queue position 32 and they only opened at 8:30! Best bit is they run a triage system so I'll have to wait on them deciding if she's important enough to be seen 🙄. It really is an awful surgery, she's 5 months and they're only just giving her the 3rd vaccines this week coming. Really hope she can get the cream if it works that fast. Do you know what cause Harrys? 

I not that I don't get along with my mum, it's just that she's always been harsher with me than my sister - telling me I was too fat to wear stuff when I was 14 or 15 (I was a size 12 but bear in mind I'm 5'11), having a go if I didnt get top marks while she was out drinking in a field. My sister's due a little boy any day now and asked my mum to be her birthing partner and I genuinely couldn't imagine having her in with me. I think I have deep rooted issues 😂. 

My lazy girl is still asleep from 7:30 last night and I really wish I could go back and join her 😂

• Oh god my doctors is like that although it won’t put you in a queue it’ll just user busy 🙄 and they always say ‘have you seen a pharmacist‘ no because all she can give me is stuff I can buy myself! 🙄 harry only had his injections on time because I argued with all the receptionists and then the manager called me and booked him in on time! Just ask for it, say you’d prefer that over the drops! It says to put the cream in there eye but I just rubbed it along his eyelashes and then he blinks it in himself less stressful 😂 when harry had it he was quite poorly anyway so I think it was just all part of his cold! Oh my god that’s really horrible 😭 no mum should ever talk to there daughter like that ☹️ Oh Mrs b I really feel for you ☹️ My dad died when I was 7 so I’ve always been really close to my mum and I can’t ever imagine her speaking to me like that ☹️ Aww is she little sleepy head! Harry always wakes between 6-7 am which I’m glad about gives me chance to get us all ready to take lily to school! Let me know how she gets on at docs xx

• Triage just rang back. They don't want to see us, she's just left a pot of ointment at the desk for her - so much easier!

• Hey ladies, how are you all? Can you believe Hallie is 1 in 5 weeks?! It's crazy!! 

Hope all your babies are doing well. I miss Hallie being so small haha! But also pove her little personality that she's developed and seeing her learn new things. She's so clever 😍

Hope you all had a nice valentines day. We didn't do anything, just had a night in and I got Hallie a rainbow rose 🌈🌹

I keep trying to post pictures to the thread but it won't let me 😔 I've tried so many times now and it just wont work so I can't post an updated picture of Hallie but I can assure you she's still super cute 😂

• Hi Ladies - I don’t get any emails about posts, so have just caught back up on a load of posts as didn’t think anyone was commenting anymore!! 

Mickey - fantastic going to thailand!! What an amazing way to spend your Mat leave!!

glad you ladies are getting there with your weening - I gave up with healthy stuff only when we went on holiday, and then it was Xmas, we shared chocolate coins 😂

Amelie is crawling, sofa surfing and walking with a walker, she can stand without holding on, but as soon as she realises she is doing it she falls over!  

We had a valentines party on Monday, was great fun! 

Am planning a Peter Rabbit Party for her birthday, will do our own cake smash so it doesn’t cost a fortune and planning on going to Euro Disney for a couple of days if we can afford it 🤞 - we live in Kent so it’s only 30 mins to the euro tunnel/ferry and a 3 hour drive the other side, so closer than Alton Towers 😂

I finally got a positive (static smile) opk today 🎉🎉🎉 after 4 days of flashing smiles,  hopefully we have covered fertile window, but hubbie works shifts and with a little one morning’s aren’t a choice anymore.

cant believe how grown up our babies are all getting - they are all sooooo gorgeous!! 

Loving Harry’s room, and lovely you had a girly day with Lily 😁

good luck with dermatology appointment- I have also been referred as my allergies are still completely out of control - apparently you count should be around 300+ shows you have raised histamine and reacting to something, mine is nearly 5000!! Have been on steroids and 3 different anti histamines for a While, but as soon as I drop something I come up with a really bad reaction that takes days to get rid of 😔

Back at work - hate it! Amelie is fairly good at nursery and currently I am only doing 2 days a week as I have a lot of holiday.

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions