Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Rainbow Babies 🌈👶

Replies

• Mrs b how did you get on with the ointment did it clear up okay? 

Lisil cant believe she’s nearly one! It goes way to quickly doesn’t it 😭 hope to see pictures of Hallie soon! 

Mrs fish thank you I finally decided haha! Ohh how lovely can’t wait to see pics of amelies peter rabbit party! We are doing a peter rabbit theme for harrys christening which will be in May! Amelie looks beautifil as always she’s so petite isn’t she! Little cutie! 

Harry Will be 7 months on Tuesday, still trying my best not to panic with weaning we are getting there slowly! He loves everything really always gives it a good go before he decides he doesn’t like something we’ve started him on the 7 month Ella’s kitchen pouches so there’s little chunks in there now and he’s doing well! He’s also cut a tooth!! Which I was surprised about as he hasn’t been whingey at all really he’s just so happy all the time, I hope he’s as happy as he is now for the rest of his life 💙 he also had his first try on the swings at the park on Monday 

hope everyone else is okay! 

imageimageimage

• Oh Mrs Fish and Mummytolilyandharry they are both so gorgeous 😍

The Peter rabbit party sounds amazing. We are going for unicorn and rainbows! I've actually seen a rainbow party dress in sainsburys and they have 25% off so going to go to the shop today and see if it's a nice as it looks online. 

Disney sounds fab too! She'll love it! I'm so excited for you haha!

Also 🤞 for another baby as soon as possible for you!

Glad Harry's weaning is going well. As if he's 7 months! It really does go by too fast doesn't it.

I realise I haven't really replied to any messages before mine so just want to apologise. I have read them all but like mrs fish I wasnt getting notifications and I've lost track of what I read 😂 I can still blame baby brain right?! 🙈

It's really annoying me that I can't post pictures! I've no idea why either! They just don't load 😔 

• Omg I can't believe how big the girls are! A year has flown in so fast!

MrsFish fingers crossed for a sibling in 2019 for Amelie!

MummytoL+H Harry looks even bigger again! The ointment definitely improved her eye but she still has a really sore looking bit where it was weeping and is rubbing a lot. I'm going to finish the course then take her back if need be.

Dermatology went OK. They've given us silk dressings to stop her clothes rubbing but can't give her the other treatment as all the open sores and scabs have cleared up. She reckons it might be going on its own but we have a follow up appointment just incase. MrsFish I hope they can help you with your allergies, it sounds like you're having a serious reaction to something!

I'm actually back online because I'm having some real troubles with hubby re: him actually being a dad. I understand he's working but I asked him to get up and give the wee one breakfast today (at 9, he starts work at noon) and he's gone off on one about how hard his life is and maybe I need to go back to work and he'll 'sit at home'. I've sort of put up with it until now but he never offers to watch Evelyn, lies in later most mornings then goes on to his friends like he's dad of the year. I'm ready to walk if I don't get his respect and help soon. Am I being unreasonable?

PS Iggle Piggle is her new favourite toy and I hate him so much. The song is driving me round the twist!

imageimageimageimageimage

• Lisil I know it’s gone so quickly can’t believe how quick it has gone but he is just so amazing and has the best personality just happy all the time and him & lily have the best relationship as well they’re so close, he already knows how to wind her up though so I’m looking forward To that when he’s older 😂 

evelyns mummy he is so big now but Getting cuter by the day he has the best eyes 😍 so glad her eyes a lot better hopefully the last bit of the course will clear up the sore bit! Glad dermatology went okay I hope the silk dressings help but it sounds as though her body’s clearing it up by itself which is great! How’s she doing with weaning now? It doesn’t sound like you’re being unreasonable at all but I would give it time before you end the relationship, sit him down and tell him how you feel tell him it’s not just sitting on your bum all day as well as keeping a baby alive & happy you’ve got housework & cooking to do and not only that when you want 5 minutes you can’t have it and him getting up to feed her he should want to do, tell him she’s not a trophy baby that he can show off to his friends but she needs a lot a lot a lot, he tell him in a few years time when she can really talk and says ‘I don’t want you, I want mummy’ thatll really hurt him but itll be all she knows, these early months Are so important I really hope he sees sense!

evelyn looks beautiful bless her! iggle Piggle is a nightmare! Lily loves a programme called molly & Mack and that gets on my nerves!! We actually got into an argument yesterday because I refused to put it on 😂😂😂 

• Evelyn’smummy men can be annoying!! They don’t quite get how difficult it is, day after day, looking after a baby. and like mummytolily&harry said, doing everything else around the house too! id say leave Evelyn with him for a good few hours and go out somewhere but it’s not the same as all day and night do it won’t make the right point.

you're just going to have to keep explaining to him and hope he gets it.

babies do put a lot of pressure on a couple especiallay when everyone’s tired!

xxxxx

• He's been a bit better since I had a meltdown. I got a lie in this morning. Her wee eye is quite gluey again so I'll call the GP in the morning about it.

Molly and Mack is the devil's programme. It's filmed not far from us and it makes you cringe to be Scottish. She's got an idea? Aye me too - shut up. Wooly and Tig upsets me too! 

My sister had her wee boy yesterday. A 10lber called Charlie (he wasn't even past his due date!) A bit traumatic, the cord was round his neck and they had to get a whole team in to start him breathing. Then they had to surgically remove the placenta after 20 hours of labour. It makes me glad I had such a good experience. We're headed over now for more cuddles. I'm so broody looking at him. Is 14 months a big enough gap? 😂

• Awww that’s good Evelyn’smummy. Sometimes we all just have bad days!!!

glsd your sister and her baby boy are ok. Sounds very traumatic. As long as they’re both safe and well now, that’s the main thing. 

babies defo make me broody!!! Haha!!!xxx

• I have an idea she has an idea it’s just popped jnto my head I have an idea 😭😭😭😭😭 stopppppp 😂😂😂 awww I love woolly and tig 😍😍 glad everything’s better at home! Oh my god that is traumatic Glad theyre both okay now! 14 months is definitely A big enough age gap haha! 

• Hi everyone, please do check out this announcement about changes to the forum, happening next week. We hope it explains everything, but if not, just post on the Announcement thread and we’ll help 😊

• imagehi ladies, I had my rainbow baby valentine's Day, 8lb 3oz born 12.22pm. love my boy so much. Xxx

• How are you both doing honey? Did you decide on his name?xxx

• Hey honey, how's the wee man coming along?

The ballpit fairies visited our house last night. I was fed up of the travel cot sitting in a box unused 😂 I think it's a hit!

imageimage

• Congratulations Honey - are you home and getting settled? Can’t wait to hear little mans name! 

Look at how grown up evie is 😍😍

we braved the beach yesterday, defo wasn’t the 18c the weather said it would be.....

• image we have a name, meet Elijah Christopher Albert James 😁 having a few small problems with breast feeding and him not gaining weight xxx

• Ah honeybee what a gorgeous name for a gorgeous young man 😍😍

Breast feeding is really difficult, it can take some weeks to settle into and your milk to kick in properly, it took us about 6 weeks, I had to mix feed initially, but was soooo glad I persevered.  Hope things improve for you soon, happy to help with any questions you may have xxxx

• Awww honey he’s gorgeous and so is his name! You look unbelievably well too- gorgeous pic of you both!xxxxx

• MrsFish how did she like it? You were on a beach holiday already weren't you, or am I getting confused? It's a VERY cute picture of her! 

Its scary how grown up they're all getting. She's 6 months on the 3rd and has started sitting herself properly this past week and this morning I put her in the ball pit while I showered and she was standing up holding the side when I came back 😂. What next??? 

Honey, what a beautiful name. I hope the breastfeeding works out for you, I wish I had tried harder but I was tired and emotional and I gave up. His weight will start going up soon. My wee nephew is about 5 days old and has dropped quite a bit of weight due to feeding issues and he's bottle fed so it could happen either way! 

• Hey ladies mega busy so just a quick post to post some pics because I know I've been trying to for a while and now seem to be able to!
    Hallie will be 1 in 6 days! Crazy! We have her cake smash today which I'm very excited for! She's still a bum shuffler rather than a crawler (or arches her back to push herself off if on her back) but is making more effort to crawl. Still not walking yet. Had her 1 year check the other week and she's only on the 9th centile for length - little short arse Haha! I love it though because it makes her seem like a baby for longer Haha!
    Here's some pictures then as promised. Hope you're all well and all babies are ok xxx

• Hi ladies! Just found this forum. I had my rainbow baby on 31/12 and I couldn't be happier. These last 11 weeks have flown by and I love to see Logan developing and changing daily. 
    Just wanted to say hi! 
  • Aw Lisil I can't believe she's 1! She's so cute 😍 she looks like she's loving baby classes too. Evelyn is probably about the same height at 6 months on the 97th centile 😂. It's really true they're all different sizes!

Congrats Jdoo. The time really flies doesn't it! Can't believe its been 6 months since I became a mummy. 

So on that note. I've been feeling a little off the last week or so and.... I got a BFP this morning 😂! Totally unplanned and haven't even told hubby yet. Here goes all the worry all over again. EDD 29 November so very very early days! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions