Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rainbow Babies 🌈👶

Replies

• Options
    Hope everyone is well

@MrsRees I really struggled with Jamie. I had to go back from leave early because I was pregnant again which was suspicious enough, although I claimed we just needed the money, but within 10 minutes back in the office I was away to the toilet puking and had to take tablets 3 times during my shift. Nobody asked but I think they all suspected.

I do think it's exceptionally rude to text and ask someone if they are, particularly a work colleague. Only twice have I ever asked someone if they're pregnant - my sister when she came home from a concert puking after 1 glass of wine (she didn't know at that point) and a friend whose due any day now. She had told me she had suspicions then I found her drinking ginger ale. In both cases I knew we were close enough and neither had a pregnancy history. Can you get away with ignoring? 
  • Options
    The girl is a really good friend and I know everyone at work expects it but just wish they had the decency to not ask as they know how scary this is for me, if I tell people it feels like a jinx, it's really hard, like of course I want to tell people I want to shout it from the rooftops that I'm having a baby, but thats no good if it all goes wrong 
    I have ignored the message, will. Tell. Her that I was going to answer but something happened and I forgot, it's up to her how she takes it 
  • Options
    @MrsRees I lied to a couple of friends- I wasn’t ready to tell them after losing Jacob and my other baby. They were fine about it after. It’s just one of those things!! Don’t let it even slightly stress you out! Just say you couldn’t say anything because you hadn’t told all your family yet! That’s what I did! 

One was slightly awkward as she asked was I pregnant, I said no and then she told me how I was prob getting a bit old and there were too many risks etc and I should think of I was being selfish etc!!!! I was bloody 38! I think she was trying to help but I needed my baby!!! Thank god we got her!!!xxx
  • Options
    I only started this job in July last year, they do know about prev mcs but don’t feel comfortable telling them yet, although a few of asked as the manager who’s know apparently said she knew someone else who was pregnant but was like I can’t tell you, so I have been quizzed but just denied it lol they’ll all be like we knewww when I do tell them lol

had scan on Saturday, was measure 8+3, my guess was I was somewhere between 8+5 and 9+1 but she said she could see baby was curled so thought although measured smaller it would even out at 12 week scan which quite frankly couldn’t come quick enough, picture of bubs below, I think I can see what she means by being a bit curled up xxx

• Options
    Awww @Bobble321 it’s so cute!!! I wanted to say ‘she’ no idea why!!!????

Can’t wait for you to have that magic 12 week scan but everything seems really good!

I’m so broody- I’ll have to live My broodiness via you and @mrsrees!!! 
    Xxx
  • Options
    Defo curled up in a comfy position!xx
  • Options
    I was a bit worried at first but I can see what she means! I am stumped as too sex only thing I can go by is my pregnancy with Rosie, but I havnt had the same sickness that I remember, think I’ve been sick twice in first couple of days but probs more stress than anything! My face is a bit spotty so could be girl but I mean it generally is I have like teenage skin at the age of 27 lol! My bump id say is defo at the front all be it just like bloat, so god knows, I’m defo gonna get a gender scan I think at 16 weeks so then I’ll have 12,16,20 week scan then will have extra ones through consultant too xxxx
  • Options
    I wouldn’t be worried. The measurements are so small at this point- I think it will have evened out!

Finding out the gender is so exciting! I can’t wait to hear!xxx
  • Options
    Yeah fingers crossed all okay at twelve weeks 🤞 xxx
  • Options
    Ah glad the scan went well @Bobble321 baby looks nice and Comfey, I was tempted to say boy tbh 😂
    I'm 10 weeks tomorrow, this is the furthest I've ever gotten so really hopi g this is going to be my rainbow 

We are obviously just wanting a healthy happy baby but would really love a girl, my mum says I look really pregnant, I'm a bigger girl anyway in a size 16-18 and have always carried my weight at the front but my stomach is really hard from the bloating 
  • Options
    I have a really good feeling about this pregnancy for you ! ❤️❤️
  • Options
    I hope your right @Bobble321
    I'm so happy that there's a few of us in this together now 😁
  • Options
    @Bobble321 When are you due? Glad all went well with scan. We have booked a private scan for when I’ll be 8 weeks. Never had one before but just can’t for 12 week scan!!

@MrsRees When is your scan booked in for?xx
  • Options
    They haven't sent me a scan date through yet which is really annoying I want it to come through already 
  • Options
    Scan came through today for 17th 1:50
    I'm excited but so so scared and anxious too want it to hurry up 
  • Options
    Awww I’m glad it’s come through @mrsrees. I know it’s scary but fingers crossed all will be good!😘😘xxx
  • Options
    That’s brill!
  • Options
    11 weeks today woohoo 
    Can't belive we've got this far 
    I'm excited that I've actually got this far but scared that if things go wrong it's going to hurt so much more because we thought getting this far would make it OK 

My scan isn't for another weeks and 2 days and I wish time would just hurry up so we couod know either way 

How you all getting on 
  • Options
    @MrsRees that's amazing that you're 11 weeks already! I really hope the next week flies in for you. I'm excited for your scan picture!

I'm going to throttle someone this morning. Evie has a full on tantrum for over an hour because I said she couldn't wipe my bum after I peed! I don't know if she's maybe teething again because she was inconsolable then ate half an hundred weight of Jamie's veg pouches for breakfast (all she would have) and requested a bottle of milk. She's only been having a bedtime bottle since she was about 11 months. Jamie is trying to mobilise. He's 7 months today but thinks he's about 5 years old!

• Options
    Oh dear 😂😂 how dare you not let her wipe your bum that's brilliant 

We've connected with my neice and her parter and baby as a joined household and have been getting to spend time with our baby nephew Alfie who's 14 weeks
    It's certainly been an eye opener, he's quite a needy baby and always hungry 
    Has been a shock to the system as ive only really spent time with quite content babies so certainy was a reality shock 😂😂
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions