Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hi ladies 

my little one was born 5 pounds 6 ounces and she was a hungry baby from the beginning. She’s now drinking 5oz but lately she’s had a blocked nose and is not drinking as much. I called the gp who is going to ring me back and give me an appointment. I hope her feeding gets back to normal because she’s got a weighing on the 17th! She was weighed last about two weeks ago when she was three weeks old and they said she was 6 pounds 15 ounces. Hopefully her being ill hasn’t stopped her weight going up or made her lose weight.

• Options

Emmaloulou we use c&g too. I have to make sure she's winded for a good while before I put her down! She's just slept 12:15 until 8:30 - new record!

Lauren Cienna is looking great. We haven't dtd as my af arrived. Everyone said it would be horrific and it's been totally normal! I really need to sort out contraceptives as I don't really want another pregnancy until she's at least a year!

SGD that's a good weight gain! Eve had gained a little over a lb at 4 weeks but she's slower gaining due to size. I hope her wee cold goes away quickly! 

Does anyone else have a really hot baby? We get way too hot in a vest and light sleeping bag but she's ok with a fine blanket. There was a 14 week old just died in the town from SIDS and I'm paranoid she kicks it over her head!

• Options

Ahh damn af 😂 we are using condoms because I will not be having any more babies... having the coil put back in after our 6 week check next week and it will stay there until it needs to be replaced. 

I don’t remember my first period after my first baby but I’m lucky as I usually have light periods so fingers crossed it’s the same this time, and then when I had the coil I didn’t get them at all 🎉

oh gosh that is horrifically scary about SIDS, that is my one worry. We have Cienna in a vest, baby grow with a light gro bag for night time sleep and then wrap her up like a burrito for her sleeps during the day and she seems to be ok, we have a gro egg so we know what the temp is in the room. 

• Options

imageimageimage

We weighed laelynn in the bath the other night I have and aqua scale bath and she was 9lbs 12oz 🙈

we are on c&g full time now and she will take 7oz every 3/4 hours until about 6 at night then it’s every 2 until  10oclock then she sleeps usually until about 5. Although last night she went down at 10 and that was her until 7 o’clock this morning. I feel like a new women this morning lol. 

I have blankets in laelynns criband I just keep them low down xx

• Options

Was going to ask about everyone else's baby feeding times. My baby is all of a sudden started wanting 4oz every 4 hours, he's only 5+4weeks and on the back of the formulae it says he's ment to be having 4oz every 4 hours till he's 8 weeks. Last night he wanted more than his 4oz and ended up drinking 6oz at around 3am! Worried I'm over feeding him. Is it possible it could be a growth spurt? He looks abit chunky around the thighs abit worried. 2 weeks ago his weight Was on the 50th percentile. X 

• Options

Kenwx5 we're 4 days behind you and on exactly the same amounts of formula. I think the issue with the formula box is it says an amount but all our babies are totally different sizes. From looking online they do take a growth spurt around now and I'd rather let her have the extra ounce if it keeps her happy and my midwife doesn't seem concerned. We're around the 90th centile but she always has been - she hasn't jumped any lines that would cause worry :) 

• Options

I really wish my baby boy would sleep longer! I'm breastfeeding so don't know how much he's getting with each feed. He wakes approx every 2 hours through the night! He's 2 weeks and 4 days...anyone else similar? Xx

• Options

Hey ladies. 

im loving all these baby pictures!!! Just can’t get enough I take so many photos I’m sure Edith it like mum stop now please 😂

laren haven’t dtd yet everything but!! I feel like a naughty teen again 😂🙈 brought condoms today as I don’t think I can wait much longer and not being put back on my pill until end of the month!!! Has anyone else’s sex drive gone through the roof 🙈? 

little Edith doesn’t loke her Moses basket so much atm as she seems to wake a fee more times than normal at night now (we are 4weeks 4days) she seems to settle well when cuddles and have found tonight she is settled and stays in her travel cot!! Can’t move her cot to our  but could with the travel cot so she may sleep in there - what’s everyone’s thoughts on that? 

she will have a nice cotton sheet on there so it’s a little more comfortable for her but she seems to be so settled in there ... I think she like the fact she has space - she doesn’t have much either side of her in the Moses basket now. 

Thoughts please ladies? As I said she will have a cotton sheet ... and it will be in our room with us? 

Xxximageimage

• Options

MrsT I know exactly how you feel! Arthur is 3 weeks on Thursday and exclusively breastfed, he wakes every 1.5-2 hours and I’m knackered lol

from what I can make out they have a growth south at around weeks 2-3 and again at 6 weeks apparently once you’re past those stages they sleep a lot more!! Have you had the joys of cluster feeds too? He seems to have been attached to my boob for days at a time lmao

Hold on in there! It can only get better surely! 

• Options

Max will be 3 weeks on Thursday too! Yeah that's exactly what's happening with him, I'm shattered! Sometimes doesn't even feed for that long and I'm trying to wake him.up when he falls asleep on my boob to finish so he has a good feed and hopefully last a longer! He also seems to have a pain and keeps straining and then pumping! He's been quite clingy the last couple days and I've ended up putting him in bed with me as he won't settle in the next to me crib but I think it's just comfort. 

I hope his sleep pattern does get a little better though, I love breastfeeding but the night times are tiring me out as hubby can't do anything xx

• Options

I know exactly how you fee!! Also had a couple nights he woul settle in the next2me I noticed it seems to be the times we have visitors, almost like he gets to used to people as i make a point of putting him down when he sleeps but obv everyone wants to hold don’t they haha! 

Theres been a few few times I’ve almost given him formula but he won’t even drink milk I’ve expressed as he doesnt understand bottles and drinks it to fast 

hold on in there! It won’t be long and they’ll be all Big xx

• Options

Mrs T I am exactly the same with Stanley, he’s two weeks old. Up every 2 hours st least!

Stanley also wiggles about in pain and then finally gets  pump out. What can you do for trapped wind??

• Options

Charleemay the only thing I worry about with travel cots is the mattress is quite thin. We've bought a thicker one for ours as she will be in there 2 and a bit weeks when we go on holiday :). They're not too expensive but you have to make sure you get the really snug fitting one. 

HB14 I was giving Infacol for Eve's trapped wind and it helped a bit but I find she doesn't really get wind if I sit her in her boppy to feed rather than hold her, it must be the angle she's at! You can also give gripe water but the box says not until they're a month old and I've not tried it yet!

• Options

I've been giving Max infacol for the last 2 days and I think it might be starting to work. He still wiggled and strains when he needs a pump but isn't screaming in pain. I just give him it right before I breastfeed...cant do any harm so hopefully it'll help xx

• Options

MrsT Brooke is the same regarding sleep. She gets 3-4 hours at the start of the night then she’s up for a comfort suck every couple of hours after that. She sleeps the first sleep in her sleepyhead and then the rest of the night in with me. I have a matress on the floor in her room (had to co sleep with my first for 8 months) and that way we both get plenty of sleep. 

• Options

imageimage

Today we are twinning it 🙈

laelynn has been going down between 7-9 and that’s her until about 6 the next morning. Can’t believe she is 7 weeks old today 😭

• Options

Oh MrsB I didn’t think about buying a new one.... we put some lovely cotton and soft sheets on there last night.... Edith had a bottle at 1130 and in there about 12 and woke this morning at 7 for her Norma morning feed and bum change and has gone back down now!!! A whole night with unbroken sleep - well the wake up just to check she’s ok on my part 🙈 but basically unbroken I had forgotton what unbroken sleep was like 😂 - MrsB were you off to on holiday you lucky lady!!!! 

michelle oh my god that’s amazing sleep wise!!! Can’t bwlive it!!! Did she get into that herself or did you do something to get her into that routine? 

Xxx

• Options

Wow that’s amazing sleeping! Tell us your secret 😂

• Options

She just does it herself 🙈 I still wake up during the night expecting her to get up for a feed though she does take like 3/4 6 oz bottles between 4-8 must be her making sure she full enough as she’s not sick with it and she burps etc 

xxx

• Options

Wow! That’s amazing what a clever girlie! I’m still struggling to get Cienna to finish 3oz every 2/3 hours 😂 xx