Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

September 2018 Babies

Replies

• Quick Announcement! Want to be a tester in the MadeForMums Awards 2019? You could be testing anything from a buggy to baby carrier or hundreds of other products we’ll be putting through their paces. To find out more and how to  sign up, please visit this thread. 

• Does anyones little one have a strawberry birthmark (or have your older kids had)? Eve has one on her wrist which started off flat and pale and is getting slowly redder and more raised! I know it's probably normal and I do keep saying to the HV but it's even worse again today. Anyone any idea if it's normal/ if it will stop at a certain point? I've added a photo below! 

imageimage

• My little one has a strawberry mark at the back of her neck. I didn't know what it was at first, it's small and like a little rash. The HV said it is a strawberry birth mark and it will probably fade but whenever she cries it can flare up x

• Hello everyone. Do you want to be in with a shot of winning a £200 Aldi voucher? Just come and tell us what you get up to for Hallowe’en on this thread! 🎃

• Hi all 

I hope you are doing well with your individually cute little babies. My little one Miray has a birth mark on her right bum cheek the shape of a sweercorn. You know the what old folks use to say don’t scratch apart of your body when you crave something in pregnancy. Have you guys heard this ? Well I can remember scratching my bum when I was craving sweet corn. Although it’s superstition it’s funny how my baby has a birth mark like that. 

Also ladies I know most of you are breastfeeding but does anyone have any ideas how much formula is normal for a six week old. My little one is drinking 2-3 oz every two three hours but at night every three to four hours. But at week three she had a growth spurt where she was drinking more like 4 oz. now she’s drin less. She has a thrush on her tongue we went to the gp and they gave her tongue drops. Before the drops she would spit a lot of milk out and only drink about 1 oz but now she’s drinking 2 sometimes 3oz. I’m getting her weighed tomorrow. Any ideas if her feeding is normal? 

• SGD. 

On the back of my formula it says upto 8weeks should be taking 4oz every 4 hours although the guidline for it is a baby born at 7.5oz so is just an estimate my baby now is 6+4weeks and drinking 4oz every 2-4hours & was born at guidline 7.5oz so every baby is different. My midwife said as long as baby is gaining weight all ok. Get her weighed ask the midwife but I shouldn't worry to much I have a greedy baby. Can't advice any more than that it's my first baby and actually still don't know what I'm doing lol. Good luck xx

• SGD my little one is 6+1 but was a big baby at 9lb7. She's on 5oz every 4 hours but generally sleeps about 7 or 8 hours over night so we give her a 6 before and after bed to help her sleeping. The last 2 days she's been a proper milk monster and eating every 3 hours instead of 4 - she gets in a proper tantrum if we try not giving her it. I rang the HV and she says it's a growth spurt and in a few days should go back to normal, so not to give her the hungry baby milk. We are using Cow and Gate but not sure if brand makes a difference. 

Kenwx5 is right, the guidelines on the pack aren't really for every baby but if you're worried get her checked :)

HV is in this morning to weigh her and I reckon she must be about 12lb6 by now, but she's just really long rather than chubby - she's nearly the length of her pram already 😂

• Just checking back to say little lady is 11lb9 today so 75th centile - same as her head measurement. She's 59cm long and 91st for height though - no surprise really as I'm 5'11'' and oh is 6'2''!

• My little girl is on formula and at 6 weeks she drinks between 4 to 6 oz every 3 to 4 hours. She seems to go a bit longer in between feeds during the day as she was feeding every 2 hours. She's put 4 lb on in 6 weeks (from birth)

How many hours sleep do your little one's have? Mine sleeps on and off throughout the day fine but come half 11/midnight she wakes up and wide awake until 4/4.30 in the morning. I've tried all sorts. She sleeps in ny arms but as soon as i put her down she wakes up. I don't know if she's got day and night wrong or what but every night she seems to be awake for longer 

• Hi ladies 

I got her weighed today she has put weight on. She was 6.15 oz few weeks back now she is 8.14 oz. The lady at the clinic said not to worry about her feeding because of the weight gain. But I’m due to see the health visitor next week so I might bring it up with her. My baby is small compared to all your babies I guess that’s why she is feeding less than them. hopefully she carries on feeding and puts on more weight!

• IIs anyone else experiencing there baby becoming suddenly really attatched. Yesterday my boy would cry the moment I put him down until I picked him up didn't sleep last night unless he was held same today. He normally sleeps about 4hours during night then feed then straight back to sleep. Now he is constant in need of attention he is 6+5weeks. 

• my baby sleeps during the day and when she realises we get up from next to her she starts crying. So I kind of know where you are coming from. 

• My little one was born 5lb 8 and she will be 6 weeks tomorrow. She will drink 3-4 hours everything 3/4 hours as well. She’s combi fed so will have breastmilk some of the time (mostly during the day) I had her weighed two weeks ago and she was 7lb 3. I’m seeing the hv tomorrow and she will weigh her again but they have no concerns with her, she’s alert, smiling and holding her head up with plenty of wet nappies 😂 haven’t got too bad attachment issues at the moment sometimes she does need a little cuddle to fall asleep but goes down well in her Moses basket at night.

• I’m the same.... Edie falls asleep on me or her daddy ... when you put her down she wakes ... not al the time I may add but most of the time! She is 5+5 weeks 

xxx

• Same here but mainly the last few days - she will sleep happily on us all curled in a ball (on her tummy) but when I put her on her back in the cot it takes ages to settle her. I wonder if it's because they take a growth spurt around now as it started the same time she was wanting more milk! She's 6+1

• Yes cos my boy was settling in Moses basket and when I asked my hv she said that he is having growth spurt and going through loads of changes said it'll probs last till he's 8 weeks. I'm exhausted hopefully doesn't last to long lol 

• imageBrooke‘s favourite sleeping place 😂😂. I don’t mind- just always make sure I have a glass of water and a charged phone to hand. I think I love the cuddles as much as she does lol. 

• Hey Ladies, how is everyones wee one getting on? I can't believe we're most of the way through October already. I can't remember who was still waiting for babies but I assume they're all here by now? 

Eves passport arrived the other day - 5 weeks on Monday until we fly and I'm starting to worry how she's going to be. Maybe long haul isn't ideal for a first flight - and I've been having a kassima argument with BA who are trying to say none of us have any luggage allowance 'due to the class of your booking'. Load of rubbish as I paid for extra bags for the baby so it's just unnecessary stress now! 

• imageimage

Laelynn has her jags today and has been very unsettled since :( forgot how bad it can be 

mrsb that’s terrible hopefully you get it sorted soon :( I’m like a walking zombie last few days just can’t sleep atall and my cycle has started aswell so think that’s what the problem is lol..

im so tired getting like 2 hours sleep a night and the rest of the house is sleeping 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Aaw nice photo's 

My little girl had her first vaccinations today, wasn't nice seeing her scream but soon solved with a cuddle. 

She's been sooo sleepy ever since and seems her appetite has gone. I have to wake her for a feed but she's not bothered and just wants to sleep. It's not like her, she usually loves her milk