Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Emmaloulou laelynn has hers on Monday and she was the same Monday. But Tuesday she was fine :) 

shes Just been sicky after each bottle apart from that she has been fine xxxx

• Options

Hi everyone. We wanted to let you know about two comps we currently have running.

To be in with a chance to win this MyBabiie Dreamiie stroller (see pic below - worth £400!) please complete this quick survey about which products you buy for your baby.

Also, tell us about what you get up to for Halloween (or post pics) and you could win a £200 Aldi voucher🎃

• Options

Hi how is everyone?

We went to get weighed today, she's 9 weeks and weighs 12lb 1, what do your little one's weigh now? The health visitor that was at the centre said they want women to learn to weigh baby themselves as soon there might not be any centres around here no more.. More cuts

After that i went to drop 2 bags of baby clothes and stuff off at the church. I can't believe all those clothes that she's grown out of already. She's got a little pumpkin costume for tomorrow 😍😊

• Options

Emmaloulou we're 8 weeks tomorrow and when I weighed her at home she's 12lb6 - although last time I had her at 12lb2 and she was only 11lb9 so she might only be 12lb! 

We didn't really have much newborn so she hasn't outgrown much but I'm finding shes so long I can put her in to 3-6 and it's just baggy whereas the 0-3 is perfect. 

We have a wee pumpkin tomorrow too but she has her jags so took pictures of her with her pumpkin tonight incase she isn't up to it!

• Options

Hey emmaloulou

My baby boy is 9weeks old had him weighed on Wednesday and he weight 12lb10oz!at 8 weeks! He was on the 50th percentile at 4 weeks and now shot upto the 75th percentile. They said they aren't concerned though, fingers crossed he stays on a steady line. 

I have a pumpkin costume for Halloween for him but I'll post that tomorrow here's my little chunky boy lol hope everyone is well xximage

• Options

MrsB beautiful pic she is adorable xx

• Options

imageimage

Laelynn was 10lbs 10 when she was weighed last week but we were went from 7lbs 3oz down to 6 lbs something at the start so we lost a good bit. can’t believe she is 10 weeks today. 

She has grown out much luckily what she did grow out of though I gave to a friend who is also due a little girl. 

Laelynn don’t have a costume as my house has been so busy as my oldest went for an opera last week which through everything up in the ayr so we didn’t have time so we have had to make the older girls ones or use what we had already 😩

my 6 year old was at her party last night as a unicorn though 🤣 and won best overall costume xx

• Options

I got Max weighed yesterday at 5w 5d and he was 10lb 14oz!!! I was gobsmacked. She said I must have double cream as breast milk haha. Here's a pic of him in his scary Halloween outfit xx

• Options

Aww lovely pics. I bought the sane outfit for my daughter Mrs B.

When we went to get her jabs done last week, the nurse told me to book an appointment to sort contraception out.

I also received a letter to have my smear done again but it can't be done until at least 12 weeks after giving birth. I use to be on the pill so will probs go back on that 

• Options

imageimage

My baby boy dressed for Halloween xx

• Options

We've all gone very quiet - busy with our increasingly wriggly babies I'm sure! We hope everyone is doing well!

Is anyone elses wee one going through a phase where only mummy cuddles will settle them? Even daddy isn't working and can't decide if she's ill or its just one of those things. 2 weeks until we fly so in hoping it passes as she piercing scream is something else. Im also worried because I think if anyone says anything about her crying or tells me to shut her up I might fly off the handle!

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you getting on?

Does anyone have any advice for this new mum with her 11 week old baby? She's really struggling getting her baby to nap... 

• Options

With everyone of my children I have always swaddled with every sleep right up until 4/5 mths old, before nap times during the day I do a feed, wind change bum and swaddle and I’ve had no problems at all. Night time sleeps are the same as day time but I bath them and then give a fully body moisturise before there milk😊

• Options

Nikkinarno, thank you SO much for the advice - would you mind ever so much clicking on this link here and posting on the original thread so the member sees your advice -we're sure she would appreciate it so much. 

• Options

Hey lovely mummy’s!!! How are we all? How are we finding life as mummy’s? 

Edith is doing so well she sleeps through the night from about 12 till about 11 in the morning!!! Sometimes later!!!! 

Have you guys thought about what to get your little ones for Christmas this year? I don’t want to go over the top as I know she is still so young! Any thoughts on what to get? 

Xxxx

• Options

Charleemay

You lucky thing! My baby boy is going to bed about 11.30 wakes up at 3am feed, 7am, then properly awake around 10.30. 

I have had 2 nights where he slept for 9 hours straight but he's 3months old so wasn't something that stuck :( 

Love life as a mummy although I'm exhausted. 

Christmas presents. Baby will be about 4months so I'm not going to spend loads. 

I have got him a lullaby light up teddy for night time, a bath set for when he is 6+m, and a load of vests/baby grows & a few sets of nice clothing. I have spent about 90pound so far (teddy was 60) 

Anyone else have ideas? Everyone keeps slating me for not getting him alot, but they grow so quickly he has a big family and already has a remote car, bouncer, 200fpr saving acct, loads of books, basically 3 sacks full of gifts from family. I feel bad as I haven't got him much but they have taken over on everything I could get him.

But personally I wouldn't get that much. It is a waste of money buying so much stuff as they grow so quick. I have asked family to spend time with him rather than presents but that didn't happen x 

• Options

Hi mummies hopes everyone is well 

Laelynn is now 12lbs :) 

Christmas wise I have got her a couple of toys but it's mostly clothes I have gotten her no where bear as much as my other girls as she is still so small 

My oldest 1st Xmas shopping for a teddy and a couple of outfits that was all as she was only 1 month old and was still in the hospital. 

My 2 & 6 year old has just had the dreaded chicken pox 😥

imageimage

• Options

Need advice. Don't see hv till next week. I have been asked what my baby is like on food? Am I missing something? 13weeks old, feeds only on formula and breastmilk. 

First time mom and I didn't even think of it, any parents started feeding jars or have experience on when they started feeding previous babies food. Nhs website says 6 months but my cousin said she started jar food at 3 months. I'm worried my hv may think I should of started it already. I looked on other people's posts about it and they say they started at 2-3months and some started at 6 months. I'm so confused. I don't want my health visitor turning up and asking why I haven't started. I'm panicking because she gives off the whole "young mom don't know what she's doing vibe" as she always comments on my age and we don't really get along. I'd like to be prepared before she turns up just incase she thinks I'm doing something wrong in not feeding him food xx

• Options

It’s 6 months And I don’t know why your hv would say that. There have been studies that say that if you introduce solids too soon it can lead to major stomach and digestive problems when they are older. When I was born it was 3 months to start which is bonkers i coukdnt imagine forcing a spoon into my little girls mouth. I will be waiting until 6 months at the very minimum. Is there a reason your seeing your hv again? We won’t see ours until Cienna is 2 x

• Options

Ill not be starting til 6 months either. I dod a lot of research into it when I had my first and think it is much better for their wee systems if you wait until 6 months. Milk is all they need until then So don’t be getting yourself into a panic. 

Brooke is doing great- upto 14lb now And loves the booby lol. She sleeps from about 8-3/4 and then till 7/8. Can’t believe she sleeps so well considering my first never slept for more than an hour at a time lol. Not buying much for Xmas- she’s so small and we have everything we need so maybe just a couple of sensory toys And another term of baby massage.