Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

September 2018 Babies

12346»

Replies

• Lauren thank you for your reply. So I should leave it till he's 6 months then. Ok I just wanted to double check as people have been saying they started so much sooner. My baby has reflux and often chokes on milk so was really worried about having to start him so soon. 

Yes my health visitor and midwife alternate visits weekly they have never mentioned solids so I was confused as to why every other baby seems to be on them early. My baby has to have his head measured weekly by midwife due to possibly having fluid on the brain waiting for scans. Also my health visitor visits weekly to check on me i have come off epileptic medication as freqient seizures they ensure me & baby are well as there are no other nhs services that can take me on at moment due to shortage of staff down here so health visitor stays till they can find someone to adjust medication long waiting list and unfortuently gp can't prescribe until I have been assessed again. Thank you! Xx

• Kenwx5 ive always done baby led weaning as I find it easier. All my girls except the oldest one have been in solids or at least had small tastes by 16 weeks..

every baby is difTrent. 

• Oh bless you that sounds like you have got alot going on! The NHS website recommends 6 months for a reason and I wouldnt want to impact my child’s health. babies only need milk whether that be breast or formula for the first 6 months. I hope you can chat about it with your health visitor. I started baby led weaning with my son when he was 8 months and I loved every second because he was ready :) try not to worry about anything you got this 💪🏼 X 

• Hiya ladies, it's nice reading some new posts about your little one's. Got my daughter weighed last week and she was 14lb. She sleeps through from around 12.30 untill 8/9. Tried to see if she'd go to bed earlier but she won't, she's use to having a bottle at around 11 though.  

Anyone else's baby keep putting their hands in their mouth and having lots of saliva? She's not hungry and hv says it's too early for teething, although when i feel her gums, i can feel hard bumps.  

I've not bought her anything for Christmas yet, i don't see the point in buying loads at her age unless she needs it. 

I'll be weaning at 6 months 

• Emmaloulou

laeynn is the same the now. Babies can teeth from any age my nephew was born with teeth lol. 

Laelynn constantly screams at us when we are eating just now 🤦🏼‍♀️

• emmaLou I think they discover their hands and this age and the chewing fists is meant to be a developmental thing.... I’m not convince and personally think it’s teething. Brooke is drooling loads at times and really bites down on my finger. My first had teeth quite early And some babies are born with teeth. 

Im not buying much for Xmas for Brooke- one thing we are broke since moving house and on maternity leave and another is that she’s so small and has all her big sisters things. Going to get some nice sensory toys just I think.

• Emmaloulou Evie is the same, if she's not eating her hands it's her bib, or me!

We're in the US just now visiting family so haven't bought a huge amount of presents for her. She's been given so much out here and other people are getting her stuff so I've just got a few sensory toys for her! Being out here has also totally ruined her sleep routine. She was sleeping 9 til 8 but has been waking up around 5/6 since we arrived.

I haven't had her weighed properly in a few weeks but when I've weighed her at home she's about 13lb4oz. She's 13 weeks and her birth weight was 9lb7oz so I'm worried she's not gaining enough. Of course my scales could be totally wrong! 

Hope all the other babies are doing well. It's nice to hear the updates :) 

• Had a chance to speak to my midwife about feeding baby. She said she will tell me if I need to start but at the moment she doesn't see why I should start before 6months and suggested if I feel I want to ask for advice first and I told her I feel he is comfortable on milk alone and I'd prefer to wait till 6months. Happy I got that off my chest. Thank you all so much for your replies, she did say normally when babies are really hungry parents feed before 6 months but my baby is taking 6oz 5hourly sometimes 4hourly so she didn't seem to think he was average seems content. Parenting is so confusing!x

• Hiya ladies, hope everyone is ok. We're all super busy now. 

How's everyone's litte one's? My baby is still suffering from reflux and is producing alot of saliva which doesn't help. Doctor has prescribed her Gaviscon.

She still likes to go to bed late and get up late. Sometimes I'm up before her. If anyone is looking for a baby monitor, I've got the Bt one with the camera, it's.amazing, highly recommended. 

Merry Christmas! Hope you all have a great time 😁

• Merry Christmas eve everyone :) enjoy it with the baby's first Christmas xc 

• I’ve been so busy just taking a little break the now lol

ive Been so busy with frame orders that I have gave up wrapping the older kids presents. Will need to do that tonight 😭

hope everyone enjoys their babies first Christmas . 

• Hello how is everyone’s little ones doing I can’t believe laelynn is now 7 months old time has went past so quickly xx
  • DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Sep 10, 2019 9:39AM

Hi everyone, it's been a while so we hope this post finds you all really good. We're well into September now, which means your baby is likely to be turning 1 very soon, if they haven’t already. Happy birthday!

This also means that this baby thread is moving on to become September 2018 Toddlers!  Please do come on over to the new thread and tell us about your child's first birthday or what you might have planned for it. We'd love to hear how your first year has been. 

PS. Please hit the green star next to the thread title, to bookmark any threads so you don’t miss any notifications.