Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Babies

Replies

• Well Brodie went from 11pm to 6am sleeping last night and then had a quick feed and back down till 8. Hoping it wasn't a fluke!! 

• Aw colpage Good luck! Arden went from 2:30-4:45 then 6:30-8 safe to say I’m not in the best of moods today ☺️

• Colpage that's amazing, hope it's not a fluke, how many weeks is Brodie now? Logan wasn't too bad, up at half 12 then half 3 for feeds but screamed from 5 cos he needed to poo and couldn't do it. Kept going until 9! Wish he would learn how to do it soon!!! 

• Jdoo have you found anything helps to get Logan’s poop moving? We got movicol from the doctor for Arden but I really dont think it’s being as effective as it should, he’s not pooped properly since Saturday 

• To be honest I haven't asked because we couldn't pinpoint where the issue was. He's not constipated, and the health visitor isn't worried so we didn't chase it up. Got an appointment next week for his jags so will speak to doctor then. Hoping he will grow out of it. 

• I’m positive it’s the infacol for us but Arden is definitely constipated, I never thought I’d be desperately hoping for a Huge dirty nappy everytime I check him 

• Aww constipation is horrible! Are you all breastfeeding? I'm just using formula... 

Brodie is 5 weeks old. 

• nope we’ve never breastfed, Arden is a formula baby. Considering trying switching to comfort milk xx

• I would possibly change formula if he's constipated. SMA totally constipated my eldest daughter when she was Wee. I switched to aptamil and she was instantly so much better. I'm using cow and Gate this time and no problems so far. I think different ones work for different babies?? You get organic formula as well but they're a bit more expensive. x

• Logan is on lactose free aptamil cos at the time I had tried everything else for reflux. He had been getting normal cow and gate but the doctor prescribed the aptamil one. We had tried the cow and gate comfort but that constipated and we found it was a bit of a nightmare for the bottles as it is a good bit thicker, though Logan was only a couple of weeks old so maybe didn't have as strong a suck then.

It's amazing how different formulas affect the babies differently. 

• Hi everyone, please do check out this announcement about changes to the forum, happening next week. We hope it explains everything, but if not, just post on the Announcement thread and we’ll help 😊

• How much milk does everyone's baby take at 6 weeks old?x

• Arden was 6 weeks yesterday. Current he’s on 5 oz every 4.5-5.5 hours depending on how he’s feeling. He clears most of his bottle every time x

• Logan is really variable with his feeds, he's 8 weeks tomorrow but at 6 weeks was generally taking 4oz but sometimes he would be fussy and only take 2-3 of it and then be hungrier earlier 

• My little boy is 4 and half weeks and he is taking between 4-5 or every 3-4 hours x

• Londyn is 6 weeks old today and she generally takes 2-3 oz still but she is hungry quicker if I don’t add a lil rice cereal. She’s bf so that milk is a lot thinner and I add rice to thicken and hold her throughout the night. She lets you know when she is done feeding. 

• I just wondered! Brodie takes 4 ounces every 3 to 4 hours but has just started taking 5 ounces every now and then. Sounds like all the babies are thriving x

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know, the new forum is now back up and running. 
  • How’s everyone getting on?
  • Still alive so far! Brodie has a slightly flat head at one side caused by a massive preference for lying facing her right. I got a bit upset about it! Been told it should round back out on its own if I can try stop her lying on that side but it's hard... How is everyone else?  
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions