Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Babies

Replies

• Progress is being made. Arden now sleeps at night time and upstairs so that’s a win. Still working on a routine but we have the bare bones of one here. He will only sleep on his front so I’ve ordered a breathing mat. He’s on gaviscon, infacol and movacol, it’s quite ridiculous. Gonna try and cut back on the movacol. Brodie is just gorgeous! 
  • Aww look at his hair!😍
  •  Wee chubby chops takes 5 ounce feeds now and likes about 7 ounces at bedtime 

• Our chubber takes 5oz too but I might up his last feed. Sometimes he sleeps for like 7 hours then wakes up starving and it throws him off all day. 
    Haha yeah he has good hair. It grows in that Mohican. I comb it flat and it just pops right back up even after a bath 
  • We all made some beautiful bubbas didn’t we! 😍
    Evie is 3 weeks old and literally loves to sleep lol! She so fat has always slept through the night and woke every 4 hours for a bottle. When she is awake she is very alert & follows you everywhere with her eyes....she smiles when you whistle and can lift her head very well, she’s super strong. She isn’t very content for very long when she’s awake though. Did anyone else find that? It’s quite a tricky stage because there isn’t much we can do to play and stimulate 
  • Zoe that is my life! It seems Arden gets bored during the day so I just need to cycle through my 15 different methods of holding him because he doesn’t like his bouncer chair or his mat. Sometimes I lay on the floor beside his mat and stroke his face with comforters and shake rattles but the only thing that interests him is singing and making him “dance” by waving his little arms around 
  • Ah! I’m not alone lol! She will chill for a while and gaze up at me and we have a chat & sing but she quickly gets bored & upset for no reason. She will go in her bouncer but only with a dummy in & then she keeps spitting that out lol! Can’t wait until we can properly enjoy the bouncer and little toys & playmat. I reckon I’m gonna look like pop eye soon 😂
  • Rocking the boss eye 
  • Awww she’s gorgeous. Haha I said that to my OH last night, he’s gonna need to up his gym game cos I’m gonna be ripped soon from carrying this little lump around all day. 
    David came in front work last night and let Arden fall asleep on him at 7pm when his normal bedtime isn’t til 9pm I was absolutely dreading him being a nightmare during the night but it just meant he was up from 6:30 instead of 9:30. I could have strangled his dad though. He knew he’d messed up though cos when I came downstairs he’d done the dishes, loaded the dishwasher and hung up the washing before he left for work 😅 
  • So lovely to see you all here! 
    A few tips about the new forum...
    To bookmark a thread, please click the green star next to your thread title. 
    To post pics, at the mo, we're afraid we have a limit on picture sizes. Just head to this thread and it will tell you how to shrink your images. 
    And to win a £200 Amazon voucher, check out this sponsored discussion
    Finally, you can tag each other! @Chech - my baby was on Movicol too - magic stuff that! 
  • Well Brodie is now sleeping a solid 9 hours through the night. I'm very lucky that she's always been super content. She doesn't want picked up much and is happy just lying playing on her mat or in her bean bag etc. She only gets slightly grumpy when she's hungry. I'm dreading the 8 week injections next week... Has anyone else had them yet?x
  • How much and how often does Brodie eat during the day? Ardens gotten better about sleeping but he still has days where he wants up at half 5 which isn’t ideal 
  • She has 5 ounces about every 4 hours when she's awake. She gets 4 scoops of normal cow and Gate and one of the reflux stuff. She's been sleeping better since she started the reflux stuff. She's 8 weeks today... 
  • She’s gorgeous colpage! What’s the reflux stuff?
  • Ahh Arden is 8 weeks today aswell ☺️ He has his jabs on Monday. I’ll let you know afterwards how they are
  • Yeah let me know how it goes Chech! Thanks. It's reflux milk zoe... Just cos and Gate formula but for reflux. I only give one scoop because I think it causes constipation if you use a lot  Seems to be doing the trick though. She's not as pukey anymore! 
  • Arden has gaviscon for reflux, were switching him to comfort milk this weekend to help constipation and colic to try and get him off movacol and infacol 🤦🏼‍♀️
  •  ah that’s interesting! Evie has days when she’s really sicky and then days where she isn’t. Maybe we could give that a whirl! She also has a good hour of an intense screaming fit in the evening out of nowhere, do you think that’s a sign of reflux? Or it’s like she’s really super over tired (even thought she sleeps loads 😂)
  • Brodie has never been crying much but at one point she was doing a fair bit of being sick. On and off a bit like Evie though. You can get thickener for the milk too, the health visitor said if you have a sicky baby,  it helps it settle in their tummy. It doesn't have any side effects supposedly but I struggled to source it in the shops so went with the reflux milk instead. The thickener is called carobel x
  • Hi everyone, can anyone please help this member - she would like to know what happens after you get home, having given birth. Her thread is here. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions