Forum home Babies Baby

January 2019 Babies

Replies

• Hi all, we're wondering, do any of you have experience with colic or reflux? 
    If so, any chance you can get help this lovely new mum who has a three week old baby? Her thread is here. 
  • We tried the aptamil anti reflux but found it made Logan constipated so ended up back on his lactose free milk. It seems to be getting better though. Feel out the loop as hadn't been getting notifications of new posts! Logan is 10 weeks now and is a wee chunk! 
  • I haven't been getting notifications either... Not impressed! 🤔 Logan looks like he is doing well! Anybody want to tell me how the 8 week immunisations went? Brodie is getting hers a week late because she had a hospital appointment last week on same day x
  • Colpage Ardens were absolutely fine, he’s showed no after effects other than a couple explosive nappies and being slightly unsettled one night. We gave him calpol half hour before his jags then twice later that day in 5 hour breaks and he’s been fine.

hes 9 weeks old and he appears to be teething. He’s chewing everything, almost gave me a love bite last week, loves chewing his fist and is getting dribbly and blowing bubbles. Guarantee it’ll be another 6 months before he even sees a tooth. Fun times 
  • @colpage127 Logan was a bit unsettled after his but he had also started lactulose that day which didn't agree with him so I think it was that more than the vaccines. He didn't end up with a temp or anything though

@Chech Logan is doing that too but I thought it was a bit early. He's been very drooly and constantly chewing his hands
  • I know a few babies that started before 8 weeks but never cut a tooth til about 6 months so I think that’s what it is. His gums feel solid and he seems to get relief from teething gel so I reckon that’s what it is 
  • Never too early, some babies are born with teeth! 😂 My eldest never had much bother when teething... No doubt I'll be in for a time of it this time around! 😂 It's twenty to nine in the morning and Brodie is still sleeping. She didn't get up till half 9 yesterday!
  • Lucky you colpage. Logan had me awake at 445! Managed to keep him pacified for a while though and we didn't get up til 745 x
  • Ardens been making noises as if he wants to get up since about 7 but he’s still not opened his eyes. Bit of dentinox gel on his dummy has made him super quiet again. Guarantee if I shut my eyes though he’ll want up 
  • Hi everyone, we have a comp where you can win a £200 Amazon voucher, just for telling Shared Parental Leave about your maternity leave. Please do come and enter it - got to be worth a shot! You can find it on Latest Posts at the top of the page. 
  • Hi all, how are you getting on? Do let us know - we'd love to hear from you. 

Are any of you formula feeding? If so, a new member who has a 9 week old would love some advice on this thread, if you have a moment. 
  • I swear I’m the only person Arden doesn’t smile at. I’m with him all day everyday, the minute his dad so much as walks past he’s smiling ear to ear. I’m lucky if I get half a smile. Anybody else feel like their baby’s least favourite?

also; how is everyone getting on? 

• Chech I feel like I have to work harder to get Logan to smile whereas he beams at his dad! 
    Getting on ok, starting to think about nap schedules now though as Logan seems to be falling asleep around 530 when I'm looking to get him in the bath around 6ish. Anyone got any tips? 
  • I had a wee period like that a couple of weeks ago chech! I was getting smiles but they were nothing like Dad got when he walked in the door... It was really bugging me! I've defo turned back into the favourite now though ha... Think they just have phases! I don't have any tips jdoo, sorry. I don't really have much of a routine although brodie naturally sleeps about the same time every night etc. She didn't get up before 10am all weekend! But I just bath her whenever and I just let her nap when she's tired. I suppose if I was trying to keep her awake at a set time, I would change her nappy etc... That usually wakes them up a wee bit! 🙈 Nothing like a cold bum to get ye awake! 
  •  Can't believe Logan is 12 weeks today! 
  • I got a ton of smiles yesterday and nearly cried haha.
    logan is gorgeous! Arden was 10 week yesterday and growing out of 0/3 cos of his long legs.
    has anyone been getting out to baby classes? 
  • I've been going to a peeps class every week since 2 weeks old. More for my sanity than for Logan but noticing a difference each week we go with how much attention he pays. Today he has learned to put his dummy back in when it falls out, usually when he smiles and spits it out ha. 
  • Aww he's gorgeous! What size clothes is he in? Brodie was 10 weeks on sat... And she's only just got into 0 to 3 months. She's dinky! 

• I don't go to any classes yet chech... Just been trying to survive so far! 😂 I'm gonna go to book bug at some point and possibly a toddler group but that will be it. I mostly just go out for walks etc and try get us some fresh air at the moment  
  • Colpage I’ve managed 2 classes but I’ve been much the same, just trying to get through the days unscathed. Both classes he slept through then cried the last 10 minutes
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions