Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

February 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Im breastfeeding, hes very happy and just been weighed again today and is 10lb 14oz so hes dedo thriving. Theres no pattern or routine yet but i dont expect that just yet with breastfeeding. Its defo demand feeding,last night was every hour but then the night before it was every 3 hours so hes not predictable at all. Very tired mummy ,trying to juggle 5 children but its so worth it x
  • Options
    5 children wow your doing so well!! Yeah i was demand feeding but now shes on gaviscon shes only allowed it 6 times a day and without it she gets milk out of he nose and cant breathe so have had to do a routine so shr has 6 feeds a day 🙈 first few days were hard as felt like i was starving her but there wasnt anything i could do but luckily now shes all settled into having her feeds every 4 hours. Xxx
  • Options
    @Sophiemarie32 Emily can have quite a pained face when she’s farting - I think she’s just taking in a lot of extra air because of the tongue tie (finally got an appointment on 30th March to sort it!).
    i am currently back in hospital again! Wednesday afternoon the blood pressure suddenly decided to go back up! So been here over night with constant monitoring and waiting to see the doctor this morning. Thought the meds were working so this really sucks! Just want some normality to kick in now!
  • Options
    @Mummytofour you need to change your screen name to mummytofive!
  • Options
    @MrsBeeL your right i do ,will figure out how to do it now. What do they think is causinf your high blood pressure,are you feeling ok? Its never as simple as give birth and you have baby, the issues after you can have arent talked bout enough x
  • Options
    So they’ve sent me home. Can’t increase my meds without risk of bp dropping too low apparently. Their only advice is to sleep more because I’m exhausted!!! I was like - yes and the reason why is because I am breastfeeding a 12 day old baby. That is not going to change and therefore I can’t sleep anymore! 
    so hopefully she starts to feed a bit less often but I doubt that will happen until her tongue tie is snipped at the end of the month! I think I’ll have to call and see if they can fit us in sooner so she can feed better 
  • Options
    Hi everyone, can anyone please help this member - she would like to know what happens after you get home, having given birth. Her thread is here. 
  • Options
    Hello there, part of the demand feeding wagon too! Little Jasper is rather good at night but is feeding every 45 mins/1 hour all morning. Nights are slightly better and he sometimes can go 3 hours (not every night though). I have ups and downs worrying I have low milk supply but after reading you all, I'm slightly reassured it's all normal. He's thriving but not sleeping much (and neither am I...) he's just gone from 8am to 1pm with virtually no sleep (and fighting sleep). 
    He also started to cry in the evenings for no apparent reason (or perhaps tiredness?) and nothing can calm him down but it only lasts an hour or so. Still it is heartbreaking not to be able to soothe him. I'm thinking he's going through growth spurts.
    I can't believe he's over 2 weeks already though, time flies :smile: 

I know I'm tired but I just look at him and immediately forget it all and love being a mum. I know I'm gonna miss these early days. 

If you're struggling, hang in there it WILL get better. Several of my colleagues have told me this and I know the unsettled period won't last forever. Sending you all my best wishes with your little ones. 

• Options
    It’s so reassuring to know that none of you lovely ladies are sleeping either 😴🙈😂
  • Options
    Are any of you bottle feeding? If so how many ounces are your littlens having xxx
  • Options
    Hi, yeah im bottle feeding, Eli is a bit hit and miss, it seems morning times he will have between 4 and 5 ounces, then afternoons and evenings he will have 6 ounces, then sometimes I think if I gave him 10 ounces he would drink the lot. I was worried I was over feeding him, but the midwife said if he's hungry then feed him. Xx
  • Options
    I’m bottle feeding. Freddie is 2 weeks and 5 days and he’ll only ever take 5oz maximum. His weight hasn’t dropped once and he’s 1lb heavier than when he was born! 
  • Options
    Yeah thats what im scared of over feeding cause i read that for her weight she should be on about 20ounces and shes on 30 a day. She has 5 ounces every 4 hours but today is looking for more once its finished so wanna up her to 6 but scared then im over feeding her 🙈. She only allowed 6 feeds a day cause of her meds so dont want her getting to hungry as cant give her another feed so think ive got no option but to up her to 6 ounces xxxx
  • Options
    I dont believe you can over feed a baby, if there hungry they will have it if they ront need ot theyll then sick it up,this is the same for bottle and breast. So if you find baby being sick after you have increased the ounces then she prob doesnt need it. Follow you instincs though,mums are usualy right as you know your baby better than any textbook or website xxx
  • Options
    I dont believe you can over feed a baby, if there hungry they will have it if they ront need ot theyll then sick it up,this is the same for bottle and breast. So if you find baby being sick after you have increased the ounces then she prob doesnt need it. Follow you instincs though,mums are usualy right as you know your baby better than any textbook or website xxx
    Couldn’t agree more!
  • Options
    Okay thank you everyone! Nightmare only being able to give her 6 feeds a day and having to plan it out each day 🙈 xxx
  • Options
    @Sophiemarie32 I can imagine!
    onbthe plus side - at least you can have some kind of schedule so early on! My life is all over the place!
  • Options
    Yeah its nice as she sleeps so well at night cause she getting us to the routine but when she gets hungry before a feeds due its horrible cause i feel like im starving her bless her 🙈, fingers crossed after upping her feeds shell start to last the 4 hours again. 
  • Options
    Oh bless her - nothing worse than the piercing cry of a hungry baby! Feel for you
  • Options
    First day alone with Eli as hubby went back to work today after 3 weeks off, to say I was dreading it was an understatement, I was so worried that I wouldnt be able to cope, think I was overthinking things the last few days and that alone made me very anxious, but its been a good day, Eli is napping, ive had a shower, we've both been fed and watered, there is washing on the line, now sat with a coffee writing out thank you cards. Day 1 has been successful....so far. Xxx