Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

March 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Hey ladies wasent getting notifications from the bee thread then realised I hadent pressed the green star baby brain 

oh kg I hope you feeling abit better and the docs helped. I think at this point all you should care about is you and you children oh and everyone can wait your all that matters right now.

my little chunk is doing great putting on weight and fitting right in not going to lie though having three is hard work exp when the other two keep waking him up. Currently combo feeding breast the bottle for top up as I’m pretty sure my milk isent increasing and I’m pumping too so not to sure what’s happening there. What they say about quicker recovery with third is defo right I’ve been. So busy doing so many things I said to my oh I think I need just to stop and enjoy these precious moments. I have no idea how I’m getting through the days must be mummy power as I call it lol 😂 

• Options
    Hi all, we just wanted to check in and see if there were any more births? How you guys doing? 
  • Options
    Hi @DanielleMFM, how are you. Nothing yet from my end, due date is tomorrow. I had another sweep yesterday which felt more uncomfortable than the first. Also trying to do some exercises to get things going but this is quite painful to do due to PGP. I have another sweep planned for 29th anyway hoping something happens before then. I feel I’m the only one still pregnant in this group🤨

How are you ladies getting on with your cuties?
  • Options
    I’m still here waiting with you Sharyoh! Due in 2 days, been having contractions on and off for a few days now but nothing progressing!

how are all you new mummies getting on?

xx
  • Options
    Hoping your little ones arrive soon! 

My baby boy is 2 1/2 weeks now and I am so in love. First time mum so it’s been a huge learning curve. We’ve had a 32 hour labour ending in an emergency c section, feeding difficulties, a jaundice scare and he does not sleep when we put him down. At all. 

It is hard work but I keep telling myself this stage won’t last forever and his funny faces and lovely snuggles make it worth it.

saying that, I do question what on earth we have done at least once a day and constantly feel like a bad mum but keep reminding myself how much I’ve had to learn. 

Its certainly a rollercoaster! 

• Options
    Hey everyone

Aww hope all you ladies in waiting have babas very soon. 

Leo is doing great. 3 weeks old today and fitting in so well. My toddler is getting use to him being here and isn't playing up as much.

Springstart I hope everything settles for u soon. It can be very draining when baby wants held all the time. Have u tried a sling? 
  • Options
    Good to hear from you ladies. Glad to hear you are doing well. 
     @SU91 same here. It have experienced really uncomfortable tightenings today.... hoping it kickstarts something soon
  • Options
    Sharyoh hope your little one arrives soon how r u feeling? 

Spring start I hope ur ok? My little one was amazing the last 2 weeks and had to still be woken for a feed but since Monday she won’t settle at all unless like u say one of us is holding her! 

Thanks for everyone’s reply’s last week I’m getting there I just feel so flat still at the min like everyday is Groundhog Day although I’m getting out the odd time and I’m so busy anyways with a toddler to chase but I can’t shake this feeling off I’m hoping it’s hormones , partner went back to work on Sunday how is everyone else managing without their partners. 

I’m also still breastfeeding and not sure if that can affect mood? I’m also craving so much sweet stuff but I’m trying to curb it as not sure if I’m actually comfort eating 😳

Campbello glad Leo is settling in well with ur toddler , my toddler wants to squeeze Arias face all the time 😭
  • Options
    KG101 - I know how you feel, I can’t drive for a few weeks yet so I’m stuck in the house and everyday is just feeding and changing on repeat. It makes it so difficult when they don’t sleep too and even harder since my husband went back to work - it’s relentless. 
    Just remember that it’s not easy, especially when you have another child too. Yesterday was the first day I’ve not been in tears since having him. I’m sure it is just hormones and exhaustion but you’re right to monitor how you’re feeling and keep talking ❤️

We seem to have had a breakthrough today. We had bought some sleep bags for him but haven’t used them yet as he was slightly under the minimum weight. He’s now the right weight so I put him in one in the early hours of this morning. He has so far slept from 1-1:45, 3:30-6:30 and put him down again at 8:35 🤞🏻 I’m not sure what to do with myself 😂 keeping everything crossed that we’ve found the answer. 

Hope everyone one is doing well and that those last few babies arrive ASAP xx
  • Options
    Aw spring start I bet u feel like a new woman is with a few hours too urself! Aww I know it’s hard with husband back at work but like u say today is a positive day so hoping everything starts to change for u! ❤️❤️
  • Options

Hi everyone. We have a question, on behalf of Shared Parental Leave where they’d like to know about the kind of childcare the dads do in your home (if there isn’t a dad around, you can totally say that too). There’s a £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs, so might be worth a shot! To enter, head to this thread.

• Options
    Hello ladies, how are you getting on?
    hope you had a lovely mother’s Day with your cute babies? 
    I am still yet to pop, I have had 3 sweeps so far😒. Really wanted a March baby☹️.
  • Options
    Sharyoh oh no I bet your getting fed up now are you overdue now ? I had 6 sweeps and only the last one started to do something and still dident put me into labour.

Ok here little man is three weeks a old today going so quick ! 
  • Options
    Hi all, how was your Mother's Day? 
    @sharyoh we're so sorry baby is keeping you waiting - are you booked for induction? 
  • Options
    Thanks for your response @Nay1234 and @DanielleMFM.mich appreciated. 
    Induction hasn’t been booked yet, maybe because I had my lil boy at 41wks after 3sweeps but only the last sweep was successful and I went into labour that night. 
    With this, so far they haven’t been able to achieve a success sweep as the baby’s head is not fully engaged yet. I have been going for walks and doing the “do” with OH to help...it’s just so uncomfortable to do anything at the moment due to the huge bump and and horrendous PGP!!!
  • Options
    Mother’s Day was ok @DanielleMFM, OH took me out for brunch and a lil shopping. I didn’t really want much anyway as all was hoping for was just a few hours pain-free/comatose sleep which I didn’t get💔.
    Also, It was hubby’s first mother’s day without his mum, bless him. He had a few moments throughout the course the day but got over it as quick as he could. 
  • Options
    Oh @sharyoh it must have been tough for your hubby. We're glad to hear you're hanging in there and await your news. You must be so over the waiting by now. 

• Options
    How are you doing Sharyoh? X
  • Options
    Hi @ChezVonP I’m ok,
    how are you doing? I’m just tired and uncomfortable. Tried another sweep yesterday that wasn’t successful, but at least the cervix is now very soft and that’s the reason they couldn’t get through. I’ve the last sweep on Friday if nothing happens before then. Induction booked for Sunday as an outpatient  
  • Options
    Hi ladies, how are you all doing? Quick update, had contractions all day on Thursday but it didn’t get bad enough to go in, it settled overnight. Saw my midwife yesterday as arranged and she was able to do a proper sweep twice and cervix was 2cm dilated💃🏼 I have been having contractions on and off since but still not regular but it’s getting more and more painful and I passed some show this morning. Induction is tomorrow but my Midwife said I might not need it since my cervix is already thinning out. So waiting to hear the plan.