Forum home Babies Baby

March 2019 Babies

Replies

• How amazing to have your little one arrive on mother’s day! Congratulations! I can’t believe that’s all of us, it seems like it wasn’t that long ago that we were all introducing ourselves and posting first scan photos. 

Campbello - hope you’re ok! Is it the blood thinning injections? 

Anyone got advice - my 5 week old still doesn’t sleep. Well, he will sleep if he’s being held/ in his car seat/ in his pram/ in his bouncer but not in his Moses basket or bedside crib. 

We we have tried: swaddling, dummy, sleeping bags, blankets, my shirt in his basket, white noise, waiting until he’s been asleep for a variety of different times before we put him down etc.

my husband is currently on school holidays so at the moment he stays up until the early hours then when he comes to bed at 2ish I get up. When he goes back to work on Monday this won’t be sustainable and the days are so long as he is out from 7-4:30 and I end up having him from 2am to 4:30 pm with no sleep, no time to get dressed, barely eating and drinking. 

If anyone has any advice/ ideas or positive stories please let me know!

x
  • @Springstart1 we have the same problem so I ended up buying a sleepy head and shell like in that for 2/3hrs at a time... well the first part of the night 🙄😂
  • Hi @Campbello I got blood clots in my lung a few days after I had the twins. Had to go for the same scan and I’m now on tinzaparin for at least another 3 months, they are looking to change the injections to a tablet form but that can’t be until babies are 6 weeks, my arms and legs are terrible from all the injecting as I was on a low dose since December because of carrying twins. Are you just feeling breathless? I had a pain in my back as well 

hope the scan goes well xx
  • Hey yes it's clexane the blood thinning injections. I get hubby to do them as I can't face injecting myself lol I had a pain in my shoulder and top of my chest and back everytime I took a deep breath so they took a blood test and said my results were slightly elevated and I would need a vq scan to be sure. 

Sorry to hear use aren't getting any sleep. It's hard to function with no sleep.. My eldest was the same and I tried bathing and baby massage before bed. It worked some of the time so could be worth a try. 
  • Jadellym said:
    Hi ladies. It’s been a while since I’ve posted, wasn’t getting any notifications. Congratulations on all the beautiful babies 😍 after a really rough pregnancy, I was taken in on mother’s day morning at 40+5 to be induced. I had the pessary inserted at 9.30. Contractions started within 20mins and little miss decided she was in quite the hurry and was born 52 minutes later. We’ve named her Kali and she weighed a surprising 9lb 7oz. Couldn’t have asked for a better mother’s day gift! She’s absolutely perfect ❤️ Hope all you mama’s are adjusting well to life with a newborn 😘xxx
    We are so pleased to hear from you @Jadellym and hear about Kali's safe arrival. 
    Please bookmark this thread by touching the green star next to the thread title so you don't miss any notifications. 

• Hi everyone, how’s it all going? Do you have any nice plans for the Easter break? 
    We wanted to let you know about this sponsored discussion - Tell Aldi about your fave Easter recipes and you could win a £200 Aldi voucher. 
    You can find the thread here in Latest Discussions
  • Quick announcement! 
    We’re giving away a family holiday to Croatia! To be in with a chance of winning it, just check out Latest Discussions to enter! 
  • Hi, hows everyone doing? 

Ella is 9 weeks now and weighing a chunky 13lb! X
  • Lovely to hear from you @ChezVonP it doesn't seem that long ago you were newly pregnant! 
    Hi everyone else here too, we hope you're doing alright. For those of you that had c-sections, are you able to help with this thread please? 
  • I know @DanielleMFM it dragged at the time but now the time is flying. Already emptying 0-3 months clothes from her drawers 😭
  • Hi Everyone, 
    Things are going well with the twins, they are 7 weeks now, Grayson is now 10lb7 and Florence is 9lb14. I’ve had more problems with myself and sorting out tablets for the blood clots I got, hopefully things will calm down in a few weeks! My mum has gone from being over the top and needy when I was pregnant to now not even bothered and don’t really see her!!! 
    Hows everybody else coping? 

Take care 
    Hannah 
  • @ChezVonP Stick it all in the loft for the next one  ;)
  • Oh Hannah that’s not the best, sorry to hear that. Are you coping ok without the support? Sounds like the twins are doing amazingly! Well done you. 

Chez we’re starting to clear the 0-3 clothes out too ☹️ Makes me super sad! 

Ottilie is now 7 weeks and 12lb 7! Little chunk. She starts swimming lessons in a few weeks which I can’t wait for! Xx
  • Hi ladies, good to hear you and your cute babies are doing great. Sophie is doing great. She’s now 3weeks, loves to eat and is weighing 9lb 7oz. 
    Went out by myself with Sophie today as I have been indoors since I gave birth except for church and appointments. She was very good, slept most of the time and woke up for a feed when I was on my way home. 
  • Hi everyone, we do hope you're doing well? 
    We would love to hear from you, so please do let us know how you're getting on. 
    Has your baby suffered with reflux or colic? If so, a new member would love some advice, she's having a really tough time of it with her 1 month old. Here thread is here
  • Hi everyone. Would you like the chance to review and keep this Phil & Teds buggy worth £449? Just head to Latest Discussions to find out all the details.  
  • Hey how is all the lovely babies doing?

Leo is 10weeks now I can't believe how fast the time is going. But he is such a good and content wee man. Unlike his 2 yo brother lol.
  • Hey guys how is everyone , Campbello I understand where your coming from aria is so content unlike her 2 year old sister! She was weighted yesterday and is 12lbs at 9 weeks! It’s going too fast! Still breastfeeding well combi feeding can’t wait for my boobs to disappear mind as there massive! Miss this group can’t believe it’s nearly a year since we joined where has the time gone :( xxxx
  • Hi everyone, 
    I hope you don't mind if I join the thread. :) My original due date was April the 2nd but my little boy has decided to come 4 weeks early, he was born on the 6th of March. :) I joined in here so we can share milestones and how's everyone's babies are developing. :) 
  • Welcome to the group @Cloudlover how are you and your little one doing?

its good to hear from you @KG 101 and @Campbello lovely to hear the babies are doing great. 
    Sophie is also doing very well, she will be 6weeks tomorrow and already weighing 11.5 lbs, colic is settling down gradually. I have successfully managed to settle her down into a routine similar to my toddler Yas!!!!!