Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2019 Babies

Replies

• Imo2727 said:
    Has anyone had experience with overactive / forceful let down? Pretty sure that's what I've got - we both end up getting soaked at each feed and poor bubs gets squirted in the face! 
    Oh god yes. It’s soaking through t shirts too and everything. I drained it a bit earlier as they were getting huge too
  • Calvin Freddie causing mischief lol
  • Congratulations to @Rutxi on the birth of her daughter Marina. We've now closed the Due in April thread, so do keep on chatting over here now - we'd love some baby updates! 

• Congratulations on all the new arrivals 👶🏻  I haven’t been on much but been trying to keep up to date with everyone’s posts. I seem to pick my phone up for 5 mins then the little one needs my attention lol. 
    How is everyone doing on the night feeds? I’ve had a really tough month (Ethan is now 5 weeks old) he was up every 2-3 hours, the feed (bottle) was taking about an hour then he was up again an hour later. He seems to have settled a bit now and has went 4 hours the last 2 nights but I can’t help thinking it’s just been a fluke! 
    The Mams who also have older kids...how have the siblings took it? My older son who’s 5 has been great with the baby but is starting to act up a bit, not doing as he’s told and doing annoying things on purpose lol. 
  • How is my boy 3 weeks old now?! Time sure is flying - felt like he has always been here too 🥰 

How are we all getting on? 
    I had baba up at the hospital the other day as I was concerned about a few episodes he had. 
    Where he suddenly went stiff - bright red - and let out a scream before relaxing instantly. 
    Mass diagnosed with acid reflux - so now on medication 3 times a day to help him. Anyone else’s baby suffering with reflux/colic? 

X
  • We went for Liam's 8 week injections on Tuesday and they weighed him too, he's only gained 100g in 2 weeks time, so he was 8lbs 1 oz, now 8lbs 3oz. I have been to the gp before as I was concerned about the amount of times he was sick, even hours after his feed. The Dr just said the usual stuff, to feed him upright and burp him properly. I've done all those things, and had Gaviscon prescribed which did nothing. Now the gp prescribed Ranitidine 3 times a day. We have to go back on Tuesday and see if it helped,if not then we'll have a referral to the hospital. My baby has a lot of trouble with wind too, he falls asleep then wakes up screaming struggling to pass wind. Someone said it could be cmpa too and the dairy I consume could affect my milk. I'd have to give up all diary if that was the case and I wanted to carry on breastfeeding. 
  • Our little pudding is 4 weeks old tomorrow and can’t believe how quick it’s gone! Sorry to hear the troubles your babies have had girls doesn’t sound nice at all! Only concern I have with Callie is she can be sleeping and all a sudden start screaming and then stop and stay asleep not sure if they nightmares or night terrors? How everyone finding the sleepless nights last night she let us sleep a solid 3 hours before waking up and it was bliss! I’m still breastfeeding but I only breastfeed in the day and formula feed at night and it helps so much with her staying asleep! Xx
  • Arr don’t be disheartened @Cloudlover. Do you still have the number for the breastfeeding folk. As I bet they get challenges like this all the time so they might have a few suggestions (as gps know bits but they might have a few other tips up their sleeves which might help) or your midwife/ health visitor possibly as there might be stuff that can help. 

Im not too bad. Last night he would not settle all evening into bed time. Been feeding all night, nothing would settle him. Anyway got to 2 and mum suggested like sitting up and seeing how we went. Well I fell asleep (he’s vertical along me and pillows so wouldn’t suffocate) and we were like it til 8am. I feel better for sleeping, but he hates any basket. Took him uptown last 2 days (as I was going stir crazy with spending 6 days in a square room, felt like prison it really did with little fresh air) so now taking advantage of the fresh air when I can. Arr when I was in the hospital I had temp dropping (tbh that room was really bloody cold), then there was someone coming every few hours if not sooner over meds, food, temp checks and god knows what else. He also went blue at one point, so I’m watching him like billy oats.
  • Hi ladies! Harrison is 2 weeks old tomorrow, feels like he's been here a lot longer than that! I have to say he's been a little angel.  He sleeps really well, and feeds well too.  We know it will change but enjoying it while it lasts!! He was weighed today and has put on 1lb 2oz, all from breastfeeding! We used to set an alarm in the night to wake him to feed but it took so long to get him awake, and as he's gaining weight we now let him wake us.  Generally wakes up every 3/4 hours so haven't been suffering with sleep deprivation so much.
    Feeding is good although we went to the baby cafe yesterday to ask about the fast letdown - they were excellent and I'd recommend to anyone.  A lactation consultant had a look and said he has a minor tongue tie, but watched him feed and was happy enough with it so doesn't need it cut.

Took him into work this morning so a tiring day for him!!

Also, can't believe the royals stole our name!!!
  • Kate is getting close to 4 weeks old and its all a blur,she won't settle in moses basket so I spend the 2nd half of night with her in my arms.Any of you ladies got any ideas how to help but think I'm giving in too easily.Had to stop breast feeding as didn't work out and now back to birth weight but having trouble finding a teet she will take from.
  • I’ve started sleeping downstairs as I bought a recliner chair anyway and it’s easier to pick him up before he gets unsettled and my stitches are really sore so saves me sitting up all the time like the other night. Calvin doesn’t like his Moses basket, but does settle for a bit longer with a dummy  if you wiggle it when it’s  going in as it like replicates the teet.doesnt always work but does a bit. That and walking in the buggy, while buggy’s moving he’s quiet
  • How's it been going everyone?
    @Townie did you find a bottle for Kate? Also, do you swaddle or have you tried it? 
  • Using Mam bottles which she is taking milk from but will be start to use formula so fingers crossed she takes to that.4 weeks from birth and am still struggling emotionally and with not sleeping its taking its toll.Tried swaddle but Kate is one who likes to wave her arms about,looking to get next to me crib to see how that works
  • @Townie I have a bedside crib and there great, I did move it away from the bed cos Ethan was so noisy but I’ve moved it back cos I find if he comes in with me he’s going longer between feeds, I’m hoping he’ll feel close enough in his crib and settle for longer. We also put him in a sleeping bag, can’t remember the proper name for them but it means there cosy and warm but still have free arms. 
    It is really tough at first, especially if things aren’t going smoothly. Just try different things and I’m sure something will work. I really struggled with my first emotionally and my advice would be to discuss it with your health visitor, I didn’t and I regretted it for a long time x 
  • Hi everyone. Would you like the chance to review and keep this Phil & Teds buggy worth £449? Just head to Latest Discussions to find out all the details.  
  • Hey ladies - how are we all getting on? Well seeing we are all busy with motherhood now 🤭❤️ 

X
  • Here’s our little pudding 5 weeks old yesterday! I’m not bad and baba good sort of getting use to no sleep and constant feeds but loving every minute with her! Hope everyone enjoying motherhood and little ones are all ok! 👶🏻💕
  • Awww that’s great to hear Chkitty - my baba will be 5 weeks on Tuesday, how quick is time going?

Im also getting used to him being stuck to my nipple all hours of the day 🤭 
    He sleeps fantastically at night time - meaning I get a good sleep, though he is up all through the day with only a few short half
    hour naps! So I can’t get anything done - guess you can’t have everything! 
    Though im loving having him here, he really is such a joy 🥰 

x
  • We’re doing well. Finally getting bits of sleep (went through a stage where he never slept at all at night) but he’s sleeping in bits now thankfully. Been and registered him other day, just got to register him at the docs now, I’ve filled the papers in, just need to drop them off when I feel up to walking it. I’ve got physio next week as my muscles split in 2 so hoping they go back to normal as I’ve been sleeping downstairs as I felt like they were splitting more. Plus the stitches from the test are taking their time to heal. Hope everyone’s doing well. Feels like we’ve had him longer than 2 and a half weeks tho 
  • Stitches from birth. I’m sure my iPad has a mind of its own