Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2019 Babies

Replies

• Aw thank you. I have to admit my other half wasn’t overly sold on Albie at first, but with my late father being called Albert I was set on it as it meant a lot to me. So I persevered and it stuck 😄🙌🏼 Couldn’t imagine him being called anything else. 

Oh did you lailalolo? Didn’t you choose that because of your first labour? I’m definitely considering it for next time, I think it will be a lot more chilled and they just go in the same scar don’t they. 

Im 5 weeks postpartum tomorrow, I’m not back in my pre pregnancy clothes yet I’ve got a stone to lose but not putting pressure on myself. I put 2 and a half stone on during my pregnancy so it’s going to take some time 🙈 

Albie is so chilled, he usually sleeps 4-5 hours in the night and goes about 3-4 in the day between feeds. He sleeps a lot but as he’s 5 weeks now I’ve noticed he’s awake sometimes between feeds in the day but I can put him down and he just occupies himself. I so hope he stays like this so content but I know it will probably change as he gets older. Don’t worry too much lailalolo it’s normal as their bellies are still small so can’t hold much then get hungry again within a few hours but Ethan should start going a little longer for you. How old is he now? 

Yeah mellymop I’ve put away all Albies newborn and upto 1 month clothes now 😭 he was 10.2lbs when he last got weighed a week ago so he’s a little chunk! He’s just long though and has big feet and hands. The health visitor has been twice to see us and both times she’s told me he’s got a big package 🙈 I find that strange! 

Has anyone started baby sensory classes? I’ve just booked on for the summer term starting next month can’t wait as he’s more awake now so think (hoping!) he’ll love it xx
  • Arr congratulations Brooke’s. He’s beautiful. We ended up with a red hat as I had preeclampsia. Was you in long?

lailaloo - I seem to go from one extreme to the other sleep wise. We had 2 x 3 hour sleeps Friday and Thursday. Yesterday I think I’ve had about an hour sleep in 24 hours. I wish i wasn’t joking. But I think a lot is due to what I’m eating, so going to relook into it more as I’m not helping his diet.

Calvin was 8lb 3oz last week. Health visitor asked if we wanted her to come this week but I’m not too bothered about too much fuss. She’s booked in for a fortnight so will know then. But he’s got proper chubby cheeks and mum commented he’s grown longer too. I put him in the 0-3 month from the off. Some were a bit big but there growing on him more. Same with nappies, he’s in size 1 but I think it’s avoided blow outs from his poo. We’re a month on Friday. I’m like where has time gone
  • I’m waiting until his jabs before starting classes. Mainly because he was on a lot of antibiotics so I’m a bit nervous us going to stuff like that until his body has a bit more defence against them all. I’ve only been on a bus once with him for the same reason but it has left me a bit nervous. If I hear someone coughing I’m forever muttering under my breath.

There’s one in my town and one in a town a bus ride away I’ve been looking into. Going to ask on the localspotted page to see if there’s any more locally to see if there’s a bit of variety. But one good thing is the two I’ve seen would be on my non work days so we’d be able to continue them afterwards as some are to 13 months
  • Thank you 🤗 he looked like a little Rasta with his red hat as it was so big on him haha! We were in for 6 days, it was sooo boring but we had our own room so could sleep inbeween feeds, observations etc a little. Albie was getting distressed towards the end of my labour and then they suspected we had sepsis so like your little one he was on antibiotics for 5 days. As was I. I think it was more a precaution though. He was also jaundice whilst we were in but luckily it got better by itself and he didn’t need the light treatment. How long were you in for? 

Albie is in size 2 nappies I started him in them about a week ago and they fit loads better. I know it is going really quickly isn’t it. Ahh I never thought about that with his immunisations, I think if I remember rightly that Albies jabs are literally a few days before this class starts. I’m hoping anyway, need to check on the calendar. Can’t wait to go there with him and also want to take him swimming xx
  • Arr we were the same. By day 6 I was like ‘can we please go home’, I was soo fed up. Tv only worked 4 hours unless I paid a tenner, they were coming in at 1am and 4am for iv antibiotics and it was all like picidilly circus. We had our own room too. Think it’s cos most are in and out within a day or 2, plus like they said to me when they took the lil one for the antibiotics it’s not fair being round loads that have the babies when ours had to keep going to nicu for the medicine. Oh blimey. I didn’t end up on antibiotics. Just ended up back on iron tablets again instead.yeah I think ours ended up being a precaution as his lumbar puncture shown raised white blood counts a bit, but they wasn’t sure with what so gave them him anyway. They were querying jaundice but I think I’d have screamed if we needed to be in another fortnight. I would have done it, but boy was bored off my nut. It was like torture. Never been in hospital before, never want to again.

it is. Doesn’t feel 2 minutes really. I’ve not had the jab letters through yet but I think they might coincide with my 8 week appointment so expecting them just after mid June. I want to go swimming, that might be the second thinking about it as I wouldn’t mind taking him to two for my own sanity too as I think I need a bit of structure soon. 
  • Hiya lovely ladies and babies!
    Wow how fast has it whizzed by?! Our little girly is 4 weeks old today and still not got a definite name 🙈 We didn't find out the sex this time and therefore my other half couldn't contemplate names until he knew and then added to my whittled down this with mostly names I had crossed off 🙄 We're back down to 2 so she will (most probably!) be a Nellie or and Edie. Get asked at least 20 billion times a day so getting a bit sick of it. Just want for her to have the perfect name for her and anyways we have our appointment at the registry office on Thursday so will have to decide by then 😅
    Great to see how well everyone is doing 😊
  • arr both of them names are beautiful 
  • @Mellymop92 wow back in your size 6s well done. I’m in some of my ‘fatter’ clothes, I had lost loads a lot of weight before I got pregnant and was down to size 8, I’m now in size 10s and want to lose about a stone but going to start back at the gym in June. I do feel like I have a pouch but thought that would go when I lost a little more weight 😬.

Ethan has also outgrown all his up to 1 month and first size clothes, and is in 0-3 (some fit and some are still huge!) he is 8 weeks old on Wednesday, was born 7lb 11 and last week he was 10lb 9 😱 

@Brookes764 yes I chose a section this time cos of the terrible time I had with my first. The recovery has been loads better and I felt more myself so much sooner! I had a date and time for it to be done so meant I could plan childcare for older son and arrange for him to be the first visitor. 

@dawyldthing the sleeplessness is a killer isn’t it. I’ve thought I’d cracked it a few times but it only lasts a night or 2 then I feel like we’re going backwards. 

Im also hoping to start baby massage in the next few weeks, there isn’t a sensory class near me but there’s places with sensory rooms, I just don’t know how much he would get out of it yet. 
  • Congratulations @Brookes764 we too had Albert/ Albie on our list, but she was a girl (Anta).

We ended up with an emergency c-section and on iv antibiotics and had our own room. Would defiantly go for planned C-section next time. Even my midwife suggested it so that I wouldn't be put off having another.

As Anya was born 10lb7, she's always gone longer between feeds, generally 4hrs, but seems to do 3hrs when she's awake, now that she's awake the full time between feeds, infact, she barely sleeps in the day. She's now 6 weeks.

We got a 7.5hr night on Friday, but then only 2hrs last night because she just wouldn't go to sleep! She does tend to do one 6hr stint a day.

I've managed to lose 3.5 stone since the birth, but she was huge and I also had lots of waters and put on loads of water weight at the end of the pregnancy.

I still have a floppy pouch over the c-section.
  • Callie is 7 weeks on Friday and I think my period is returning but it’s horrible last two nights I’ve woke up with tummy pain that feels like a bug and I want to just be sick! Anyone experienced their first period since birth? I am breastfeeding but also formula feeding I weren’t expecting it to come back so soon 😪
  • Hi everyone! I am glad to see everyone seems to be doing quite well!
    Marina is still under 4 weeks. She is breastfeeding beautifully and sleeping generally well in 3 hour chunks at night. However she has been suffering with wind and reflux and this has been bad the last couple of days. We have tried infacol, but I'm not sure it's making a difference. It really breaks my heart when she is in pain ....
    Other than that everything is good. My DH has been the most amazing human and I couldn't have survived without him ... But he is back to work now and I'm a bit sad. Today is my first day all by myself!!
  • I’ll be honest I’ve stopped the vitamin d drops for us as I found they weren’t helping us at all.  As one night we was up all night (literally 24 hours, I had about an hour sleep and that was it) and was feeling deflated. So I’ve knocked pop, strawberries, onions all on the head and I’m going to start cooking proper again as I can’t keep having nights like that (I don’t know how I’m managing on the sleep I am, but I’m getting there.) fussiness and winds not stopped, but it’s improved for us
  • 🆘 I need some last minute help 😫 and some more impartial opinions on names seeing as we have our appointment at the registry office at 4:00 and still no definite name (I don’t know how 😢) Surname is double barrel and begins D-B. Both one syllable surnames...

Edie Bea (anagram of family initials) D-B
    Nellie Bea D-B
    Edie Nell D-B
    Nellie Edie D-B
    Nell Edie D-B

• I like Nellie Edie - though they are all lovely names!! 🥰
  • Ooo I really like Edie Bea 🥰
  • P.s. I already have a son Beau and a daughter Effie if that says it x
  • Verity says hi at 8 weeks (pic above)
  • Edie bea for me too. There all beautiful names tho
  • Hey Verity, 

from Hudson who is now 6 weeks old! Where is the time going? 👶🏼💙