Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2019 Babies

Replies

• I’ve just set up a monthly post on my Facebook. Mainly because I went travelling round oz three years back and towards the end my memory card had a mare and decided to delete about a thousand photos. So once bitten twice shy. Luckily I had updated some on Facebook mind. So I’m doing the same with these. There’s only about a dozen I don’t know in person, but I’ve chatted to them for years on betting sites and the like so trust them. 

Anyway heres last months photo and then todays with his furry friend moo and paddy as were a month today. Feels about three lol
  • Here’s a month in
  • Callie is 7 weeks old tomorrow 💕 can’t believe how much she’s growing! Everyone’s babies are just adorable! 
    I downloaded an app called family album and it allows you to add all family members to the app and everyone can upload photos of your baby to the app and then they all stored there! I have over 1000 photos already so needed to back them up 😂 hope everyone ok!? 

X
  • Family album sounds like a good idea I'll look that up!

Hello from Harrison, 5 weeks tomorrow!

• Aw everyone’s babies are so cute ❤️  
    Here is Ethan, 8 weeks yesterday 😍 

• I'm too proud tonight, and also felt massively relieved... We did the first bottle test tonight before my night out next Friday and he took like a pro!! Means I can def go next week, and also gave me time to have a relaxing bath 😊 Also took the boob again straight away! Using a Naturebond to collect my let down, just need to make sure I have enough to leave!  I do have a proper pump if I need to up the expressing but trying not to before 6 weeks.
  • Fab @Imo2727 what a clever boy! What bottle did you use? 💙

• Ahh lots of beautiful babas. I have some news...after 32 days of being on this planet (and not having decided until in the Registry Office car park today 🙈😅🙃🙄) this little dolly darling finally has a name! We are so proud to introduce our wee...

Edie Nellie Date-Burns 
  • Lovely name @Looptotheloo !!

@Mellymop92 we used mam anti colic self steralising bottles 😊
  • Good to hear everyone is doing well not posted in a while, everyone's babies are adorable ❤️ ill attach a picture of Tristan he's 7 weeks old on Monday. We are all doing well 
  • All of these photos are adorable ladies! I don’t know about anyone else - but I’ve never been so broody in all my life since having Hudson! 🤭 

I expressed and introduced a bottle last week and he hated them 🤦🏽‍♀️ It was a Tommee Tippee one so going to try another one, I’ve heard good things about the MAM @Imo2727 I’ll try those! 😊 

Does anyone else’s baby just not take to a dummy? Hudson sucks mine or my partners fingers/neck/his mits etc but will not take a dummy 🤦🏽‍♀️ though he is soothed by sucking? He just prefers to use my nipple to suckle instead? 

X
  • Hello to you all,loveing all your pics how time is flying.Our kate is now 6 weeks and soo many things are changing even from last week.When did you have your 6 week check ups as had to give my doctors another nudge as I've received Kate's first injection date but nothing else.Mellymop92 Kate took to MAM very well at about 4 weeks also didn't like tommy tippie .Kate has had lot of trouble with passing wind but have found gripe water is helping.Kate is trying to turn over and when sitting on my lap to feed and other times she is trying and at times doing it sitting up by herself only for a few seconds.When she can't do it it she gets annoyed and cries.Glad to have got the next to me crib as now when in the moses basket you notice how bigger she is getting and there isn't much room left in it.I discovered a lovely bear off amazon that plays white noise OMG its heaven
  • Morning @Townie ! I had to ring my doctor's doctors as still don't have anything through.  Apparently they will be doing my 6 week check at his 8 week appointment.  And I should get a letter around 6 weeks.  I found it a bit annoying as I'm flying to Portugal at 8 and a half weeks so want to make sure he has his vacs first.  Also I wanted to get an implant fitted and so asked why it's not at 6 weeks and reception said that appointment won't be to discuss contraception (even though thats one of the main reasons for it!) So I had to book a seperate appointment which works out at 6 weeks anyway, just hoping she can actually fit the implant then.  Found it silly they really emphasise how fertile you are and the need for contraception then make it difficult to get! 
  • I’ve got mine in a months time for me as I think for us it’s 6-8 weeks. For Calvin I’ve got the 6 week health visitor appointment through but are waiting on the rest. But we’re registered as that letter come through other day to say he’s now registered at the doctors. IMO didn’t the midwives discuss it with you? The last one before I got signed off mentioned it to me then too. 
  • @dawyldthing the midwives just kept saying you must go on contraception or we'll see you back here in 9 months didn't actually offer any.

Actually heading back to the birth centre today for his BCG jab, will be a bit strange! 
  • Arr blimey, I was going to say that’s a bit blunt but I guess they could be right as it’s all I keep reading is how more fertile we are lol
  • I spoke to community midwifes before they discharged me and was told different things so I phoned up to check weeks ago and was told they would be touch.I then got letter about her jabs in 2 weeks time so I asked about our 6 weeks check and reception just said I'll give them a nudge.Considering I had a c section they don't seem that bothered,will be going to physio for hip soon I've had enough now.After I wrote above Kate is now turning on her side  and moving her leg over side of the crib.
  • I got a letter through from my docs with my 6 week check app on, the doc checked the baby over but didn’t ask me anything about myself at all, I also had a section. I’d been previously to get contraception (the mini pill) but the dr didn’t ask how I was recovering or anything! 
    I also got a letter through about Ethan’s jabs, there on Tuesday 🙈
  • https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/postnatal-check/

Rhats what they should go through. I’m expecting the weight lecture to be fair