Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2019 Babies

Replies

• How amazing is it getting smiles from your baby?! Most heart warming milestone ever! 😍🥰 x
  • It's lovely!! We don't get them that frequently yet but definitely had some big smiles, quite different to the wind smiles 🤣 He looks gorgeous!
  • Awww Thank you @Imo2727 Hudson now smiles as soon as I talk to him which is just amazing! You are so right, most definitely different to the wind smiles 🤭 They are all growing so quickly!!! I’ve been on this forum since I was 7 weeks pregnant?! Absolutely mad xx
  • Aww his gorgeous! We get lovely smiles and also lots of lizard tongue lol it’s the best feeling!! I can’t believe how quick time is going! X
  • Hi this Verity watching tv 😁 she is 2 months tomorrow . We are starting to get smiles every day now which is lovely. She is very strong and loves to push up on her legs with very little support. She has the odd expressed milk in a bottle but isnt very keen on it other than that she is fully breastfed.  She has put on over 4.5lb since she was born!!
  • How's everyone doing? Harrison is 6 weeks tomorrow 😊

• We're all dandy thank you. Edie's 6 weeks on Sunday. Her skins just cleared up but lost most of her luscious locks (from the front too so looks like a little ole man 😆)
  • Hi
    We are doing well. Marina is just over a month and she has put on loads of weight! went from percentile 50 to 91!  Although she has quite bad reflux i think she is compensating well by eating more! we are constantly breast feeding. She is now taking Gaviscon so hopefully she will feel better soon.
  • Callie is 8 weeks old today and can’t believe how time is flying! Crazy lady I am also brought a 9 week old puppy it’s literally like having twins 😩🙈 
    were really good although I think we’re hitting the teething stage! 
    Glad everyone ok and babies look adorable!x
  • Oh my God a puppy as well 🤣 I've banned my lot having one until they are all a bit older hats off to you!
  • I have to admit I am slightly regretting it especially as husband goes back to work next week! Although look at her little smile!
    has anyone’s baby started to teeth? Callie seems to chomp on her dummy and dribbling! I’ve heard about the amber bracelets but not sure? X
  • Anya is 8 weeks and chews her hand and dribbles everywhere, there are a few in my NCT group who do too.
    Apparently, their teeth start moving around in the gums, so this is more likely the cause, rather than them being through already @Chkitty

I could not contemplate a puppy right now! Go you!

• How is my little boy 8 weeks old already?! How is everyone doing now? Hudson is going through a growth spurt and is feeding every hour! Little chunk. 💙
  • Hi Mellymop! We're at 6 weeks and Harrison's going through a growth spurt too fed every hour through last night, it was exhausting!! 
  • Oh it is exhausting isn’t it! Hudson is glued to my nipple 🤭 
    Does anyone else’s little’un not like dummies? I’ve now bought 4 different kinds and he isn’t having any of them! Just using my nipple as a soother 🤭
  • We’ve had our 6 week health visitor app today. He’s dropped a bit weight wise to 25th centile life so going to give him formula before bed. Just hoping it doesn’t interfere with his stomach, but I’d rather he be fed so willing to try owt. Plus last 2 nights he’s been feeding all (literally all) night so hopefully will settle him at night too as I’m exhausted. 
  • We've not tried a dummy yet... Wasn't planning to use one but I've suggested it to hubby to trial at night times to see if he self soothes / sleeps more! Weight isn't an issue for him, he's huge 😂 Hubby isn't so keen though so we'll see how the next couple of nights go!
  • We have Anya as dummy on day 5 as she was really sucky and we wanted her to settle more whilst we were in hospital (on a general ward) for a week. I was worried and didn't really want her to have a dummy, but my mum just said it's easier to wean from a dummy than a thumb, which made me feel better.
    She won't take a dummy anymore though, which is annoying as we're struggling to get her to sleep without suckling boob.
  • Aww everyone’s babies are adorable love seeing update pictures! Callie is 9 weeks old tomorrow! Why is time going so fast 😫! 
    We used a dummy from the start we found it really helped with soothing herself and sometimes that’s all she wanted as she’d sometimes just latch and suckle and not feed! @Dawyldthing I introduced combi feeding with Callie from about 4 weeks as we were struggling to feed through the night as I was just so exhausted and it didn’t mess her tummy around so hopefully your little man will be fine! We now breastfeed through the day as much as we can and then formula feed at night and now we’re getting a good 4/5 hours solid sleep from her which I believe it a result of formula helping her stay fuller 
    had our health visitor and she now weighs 10lb 12oz which I’m happy with! 

Also got her jab details through but a bit annoyed that she’s actually having to wait until she’s 11 weeks old to get them so much for them being 8 week injections apparently my drs have had a back log!! 
    x
  • Aww she's so cute Chkitty!!
    We've got our jabs appointment at 8 weeks 3 days which is fine although we're flying to Portugal the next day so I'm a bit worried about a fever!