Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

April 2019 Babies

Replies

• Chkitty - I’ve gave him formula one night but he was still up. Didn’t last night but he seems really hungry so going to try it again tonight.

imo - ask when you go if you can give baby calapol I think it is. The Americans are told to give their version. I’ve picked up a box from home bargains today of the sachets (only cos once you’ve opened bottles they have to be chucked after so long) just in case we can asits from 2 months too. I’ve got ours for 2 weeks today. That’s rubbish there making you wait mind
  • Oh yeah @dawyldthing they've said on the appointment letter to bring it along! Just worried incase there's a reaction of sorts but I'm sure I'll be fine.  Have the health visitor tomorrow so I'll check with her! 
  • Hope your night was better @dawyldthing

anyone not get on with mother in laws now baby is born? Firstly my mother in law didn’t bother to meet her granddaughter until day 8 because when she was born we agreed we would have guests at home as that suited us all. I had a hard labour and was my first and whilst I was high on gas and air I was asking for my mum so when I was moved to a ward as I had to stay overnight for sugar tests I was told I could have visitors and as my mother in law already has grandchildren we decided to invite my parents for the last hour as I didn’t get to the ward quite late and as i had asked for my mum we thought would be nice well as a result of this my mother in law kicked off saying I’d really hurt her feeling and decided not to visit and did no call! She then was offered the opportunity to come with my husband to pick us up and take home but she said no. We then heard nothing from her for 8 days until she decided to ring and never apologised for ruining what was meant to be the celebration of our first born! Anyways my mum and dad have a great relationship with Callie and have her loads and my mum will always ask to see her and I’ll always say yes or no depending on whether convenient or not whereas my mother in law told us she’s never going to ask to have her because we should tell her when we need a break and she’ll help. She makes me so mad as she then throws it in our faces when my mum and dad have her and she says she doesn’t get time with her. She’s got her overnight tonight but everytime she’s seen her which is probably about 8 times in 9 weeks if she cries or needs changing she always passes her back to me and it makes me worry that she’s not looked after properly when she has her overnight she had her once overnight and I took whole pack of new nappies and there were few left in the changing bag and she came back with the new pack unopened! My daughter can literally go through nappies like tomorrow so I can’t believe for one minute they weren’t needed! Anyways she now has three grandchildren and has nothing at her house so now we’ve got to literally take everything right down to prep machine, her bed, milk, bottles, wet wipes the lot! It’s so much hassle for one night whereas when she goes to my mum and dads they have everything as they were excited to have their first grand baby but I never asked them to get them they did it to make things easy.
    i just don’t trust her looking after my daughter and especially not to have her in the car when she doesn’t even wear a seatbelt herself! I know my daughter will be fine but I can’t mention I’m unhappy her having her to my husband as it’s his mum!! Sorry to rant but everytime I know she’s looking after her I feel Ill and anxious and can’t wait to get her back! 

😣😣😣
  • Nah we were still up quite a bit, but my mum let me have a couple of hours kip this afternoon so it helps.

if you’re not happy about them having her overnight then I really wouldn’t. Go with your instinct. I don’t have in laws as Stevens not even bothered telling his parents the baby exists (gripes on me but nothing I can do about it) but if I had any doubts then I wouldn’t. There’s a lot of people where everything in life has to be about them. I don’t blame you asking for your mum when you was in hospital either. If there not happy with it not being all about them it’s their loss, really is
  • My in-laws have been fine but I do get some competitiveness between the mum's that they both want to see him and see very aware when the other does!!  Hopefully will settle soon enough!
  • Morning ladies,Kate had her injections on wednesday at 8 weeks old and after having a few tears she was ok.That was until the afternoon when Kate wouldn't stop crying,tried everything and she wouldn't stop temp was 37.4.Hours later we got her settled enough to have a feed which sent her off to sleep.I was told to give calpol to Kate as soon as possible after injections another 4hrs after then 4-6hrs  for next dose to help with temp.Was told any high temp after this time to get in touch as high temp after this isn't good.Was given leaflets about the injections and what to expect after them.The next day Kate was a  different baby very alert,I have trouble keeping her on my lap to give a feed a she is wriggling so much.We have swimming classes for us both so will join that soon but first I have a post pregnancy class I can go to
  • @Chkitty sorry! This is me just seeing this! Wow - sorry to hear about your issues with your MIL. My MIL lives in Manchester and we are in Glasgow - so I don’t see her often, though I do get on very well with her. She has said a few things when visiting (trying to help) that has been slightly annoying.
    If I was you and felt the way you do, I would avoid Cali staying over with her until she is able to communicate with you how she feels about staying at grandmas. Mummy’s instincts are always right, and if something isn’t sitting well with you then you are definitely right! I haven’t left Hudson with a single soul, and he is 8 weeks old - I love and adore all of my family. But I only trust myself with him right now and my partner - plus im breastfeeding and he NEEDS me! (So I tell myself!) 

X
  • Bump to baby - Id like time to slow down please!!!! 
    I can remember every stage with you ladies. Our first scans, gender scans, potential names, worries, births - what an amazing little group we are 🥰 x 
  • It seems to be flying doesn’t it. Have any of you joined any of them groups that help with their motor skills and the like. I think we are but I’ve been holding off until his injections as he’s had a cold for it must be a fortnight now and I don’t want him picking anything else up just yet
  • @dawyldthing We haven’t went to any groups yet for the same reason! Hudson has had a cough and cold symptoms for 2 weeks now 😖
  • Verity is 10 weeks now . Usually happy and smiley but still struggling with belly ache in the evening. 
  • I took Harrison to baby sensory yesterday and he slept for half of it 😂 I felt like such a lemon all the other babies were playing and he was just conked out flat on the ground 😂😂
  • Callie is 10 weeks old today where is time going? She’s got her injections next week and I’m dreading it! Has anyone’s baby suffered with eczema? Callie’s getting dry skin and have been using bit of sudocream and the child farm baby moisturiser and hoping it’ll start to clear as looks sore bless her! 
    Hope everyone is well and babies too! 
    X
  • That's hilarious Imo2727 bet you felt like a right plum! 
    Chkitty Edie has had lots of spots and a dry scalp so have been doing the same as you with Child's Farm and baby oil but yes was bought up with Sudocrem being the answer to most of lifes ailments! If you're still breastfeeding I find dabbling milk on clears up most things pretty quick too.
    All the babas are so gorgeous x
  • Two new product test recruitments happening! One for Aldi school uniform (£200 Aldi voucher up for grabs) and Uncle Ben's rice (£300 Amazon voucher up for grabs too!) see Latest Discussions to signup. 
  • Chkitty we've had baby acne and minor cradle cap and coconut oil has been the best.  Tried breast milk but it didn't seem to work! 
  • Callie’s got her injections tomorrow and I’m dreading it! She’s already having them late due to a back log as she’s 10 weeks 5 days now! Do they injection just one leg I’m looking to get some magic numbing cream to help! 
  • Verity had her also late last week at 11 weeks. Three jabs onein one leg and two in the other. Plus a gel stuffij mouth for rotavirus i think. 90% get a fever with the MenB jab so they give u a sheet about giving a little bit of paracetamol xx
  • We’ve got ours tomorrow too. I’ve read about massaging the area in the day as apparently it can harden up. I’m dreading it as he’s had a few cranky moments this week and the snotty nose is still about must be 5 weeks now :/ just hope he’s not allergic to the dogs. Good luck tomorrow chkitty
  • Harrison has his today the poor little thing! 2 in 1 leg and 1 in the other plus an oral drop.  Make sure you take infant Calpol with you. I fed him immediately after which calmed him down, he seems to have got worse throughout the evening though.  Also packing to fly to Portugal tomorrow with a very upset baby... Stressful to say the least!