Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Wow @Chech hes turning into a toddler now 😱

@Zoenew yeah Cooper still in with us in his cot. He's gonna be my last so I don't feel ready to have him leave me just yet 
  • So strange because sometimes he still seems so babyish then other times he’s standing at the back of the couch looking out the window 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Zoe  Brodie is 7 months tomorrow and she is still in with me. I'm not in any rush, I'm like Chelle. She's gonna be my last child so just happy to have her near me! 
  • Ah that’s a relief! Also, I just don’t understand How they don’t hurt themselves in the big cot! Evie thrashes so much... I took Her sleepyhead away last night and she’s waking up more as she’s not used to the space. I’d there anything you can get?
  • Coops doesn't move in his sleep, stays flat on his back. He's that still his arms and hands are ice cold in the morning. The other 3 thrashed around, but just like us they adjust to their surroundings and don't hurt themselves.
    I know that's what cot bumpers are for but they're not reccomended any more, suffocation and then also breathing too much carbon dioxide back in. There are new versions but I've never used any sleep aid or support so can't really help. Sorry x
  • I suppose I’ll have to just see how she gets on when I put her in there. She’s still so small! She’s got so much room in the snuz pod let alone her massive cot 😂🙈 
    another question I was supposed to ask is... vitamin D... Evie has wayyy under 35oz per day and I’ve been reading if so, you need to supplement them ? Don’t know too much about it so thought I’d ask you ladies! Xxx
  • Again i dont know much about that 😬 i have vitamin drops which all are entitled to from hv or clinics but strugge to get them down him or forget, im awful. 
  • My eldest daughter went in her big cot from day one out of the hospital! Brodie is still in her crib but she thrashes about all over the shop. She starts off on her back and ends up on her tummy lying sideways and everything! You're not meant to have anything in their cot anyway, it's meant to be empty as it's the safest way.
    I went to a baby food class a couple of weeks ago. My health visitor had given me vitamin D drops for when I started weaning but the one at the class said you only give them to the baby when they go below 18oz per day. As long as they're getting 18oz for now, you don't need to worry. 
  • Oh bless her... Evie’s the same, Hate the idea of her arms getting stuck into the bars or anything though.  
    Evie wants to be on her side but can’t quite get there on her own so she’s waking me up & im having to help her. 
  • Brodie has been sleeping either on her side or on her tummy for a while now.i think she is so much comfier! 

• My little lass yesterday! ❤️ 
  • Awh, look at her! She’s so pretty 💗 time is just whizzing! 

I think I need to teach Evie to self soothe & start putting her to bed whilst kinda awake 😩 I’m not excited. She keeps stirring in the night, she will wake up crying with her eyes shut 5ish times a night. I literally just shush her back of or give her her muslin to snuggle and she goes straight back off but it’s still something I want her to stop. Anyone else had this?
  • Aw look at her col! She's gorgeous! Wee smiler. 

My wee guy has not been himself all week, got a viral throat infection poor soul. Completely off his bottles and is point blank refusing them or taking 4oz at the most. Managing to get him to sip water and he is still taking solids. This is when I'm glad he's a chunk. 
  • She’s always slept through but the past couple of months wakes in the night moaning, not really a cry I suppose. It’s as if she needs to be reassured or she tries to get on her side but she can’t do it on her own yet!
  • Awww @jdoo bless him! Lots of mummy cuddles and hopefully he will be back to himself soon!Evie takes 4/5 oz most feeds & she survives so don’t worry about that 
  • Zoe I think we’ve had all possible sleep issues and we’re still figuring it out. We have weeks where he sleeps 8-6 and weeks where he’s up minimum 8 times from 10-4. We have found that mostly
    if he wakes up moaning not crying we leave him alone and he goes back to sleep, that helped a little. Last night I actually muted his monitor so I’d only hear him if he was crying (his room is literally next door) and he slept for 8 hours 
  • @Chech when he wakes, does he wake for a long time or is literally a pop in for the dummy or something? Because when Evie wakes it literally takes under a minute to resettle her. Usually dummy, Muslin or I move her in her side. It puts me off putting her in her room because then I’ll have to keep getting out of bed 🤣
  • It’s normally just for his dummy and a wee pat on his butt. That was my concern with putting him in his own room but he slept so much better in there (to begin with) 
  • Aww Jen, I hope he's feeling better soon. Nothing worse than when they aren't well and you can't do anything to help! Good excuse for lots of cuddles though.Thankfully he's still taking solids.

I got Brodie in the habit of self soothing quite early on Zoe coz she doesn't have a dummy at all. I used to put her down when she was literally on the brink of sleeping and then let her fall asleep herself. Gradually I put her down slightly more awake and she would just kick about a bit until she fell asleep so something for you to try. I have no idea if it will work during night though as Brodie never wakes through the night. She takes ages to get to sleep (thrashes about like a wild animal) but once she's sleeping, nothing is waking her. Maybe Evie just wants a bit of reassurance you're there or something? Self soothing is a really good skill to learn but dunno if it's fool proof but defo something to try! Does she get herself to sleep for her naps? 
  • Strangest thing just happened. Put Arden down for his morning nap, he woke up after 40 minutes as usual and was moaning away. I thought right I’ll just finish what I’m doing then go get him. Took about 3 minutes, by the time I went back in he was back to sleep. I’ve been trying to tell his dad not to go to him as soon as he moans especially during the night and this just reinforces my belief that he can put himself back to sleep when it suits him