Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

January 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Yeah best not to run to them the instant they start grumbling! Unless they're screaming the house down 🙈 
  • I’ve been trying to tell his dad that but he’s ruined by family who will scoop him or try and distract him the minute he whinges, I tend to just let him get on with it unless he is actually crying 
  • I rock Evie to sleep for her naps when I can tell she’s ready for them as she fights it 🙈 only takes a few mins. I do need to teach her to self sooth & put her in her room. Or do I teach her to self sooth before she goes in her room? 
    If she’s moaning I go up and literally make her comfortable again. I could probably get away with removing dummies as she dosent have it at all other than bed time and spits it out but I do think it helps her get off to sleep!
  • She always falls to sleep with her bed time bottle... most of them actually... but again, she only drinks well when sleepy so it’s a bit difficult 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Hello everyone, we're wondering if you might be able to help this mum of a 3 month old who is really struggling with either colic/reflux/cmpa - she just doesn't know. Her thread is here. Thank you. 
  • Zoe I still need to put him to sleep. He lays on me and I pat his butt and shhh until he falls asleep, trying to teach him to self soothe by putting him down when he’s just about to fall asleep but it’s a hit or a miss really 
  • I would try get her self soothing before you move her room. If the dummy helps her, keep it for now. Don't introduce too many changes at once. So rock her till she is very almost sleeping and put her down. And leave her unless she properly starts crying. When I first started doing it with Brodie she would make wee grunting noises etc but I just leave her to it. I don't think it works for them all to be fair... Give it a go and hopefully it works. My other eldest always fell asleep on a bed time bottle... So I never put her down awake but she didn't get up during night either so I didn't feel like it was something she needed! 
  • Hi everyone, please see Latest Discussions to take part in a survey we’re running (it takes less than 3 mins to complete) where you could win this bundle of goodies, worth £395. Survey closes THIS SUNDAY - so be quick! Good luck! 

• How's Logan now Jen?
  • He's a bit better now thanks Col, still a wee bit hoarse and squeaky but it seems to have went into a cold. We had to stop giving him Calpol cos he was getting so bagged up with it and was miserable. Since we stopped that he's eating better and we are getting loads of smiles. Poor wee guy. 
    Took him on a wee day out with my workies yesterday, first day on a ferry and first day on a bike! He loved it! 

• Aww look how big he's got! Where did you go? 

I've discovered that Brodie loves a selfie... 😂

Can see her wee teeth! 

She's now discovered biscotti biscuits and loves them..  

She is really getting a cheeky wee personality now! ❤️
  • She’s so beautiful Col! 
    Started purée with Evie last week & shes not fussed so gonna try BLW this week! still waiting for teeth too!! Anyone else still waiting? 
    So... with dummies.’, did everyone move up to 6 month +? Evie only had hers for bedtime & the bigger size dummies look like they would be too huge for her?

• This was Logan on friday, loving the swing with daddy. Can't believe he's nearly 8 months! 

Yeh we moved up to the 6 month plus type. He didn't seem to notice any difference, I'm not quite sure what the difference is to be honest. 
  • We also moved up dummies. Doesn’t look too big against his face thankfully but he mostly only has it when he’s sleepy. 

Were still waiting on teeth Zoe. At this rate he’ll be gumming his first birthday cake 

what beautiful babies you have! 
  • We still waiting for teeth to appear .
    We've gone up with dummies too, as noticed he was getting all of it in his mouth 😱😱 the bigger ones don't fit in luckily, so no worries of it getting stuck.
  • How are all the babies?! 

• Getting bigger and cheekier thanks Col. Took Logan for his first paddle at the weekend, he was not sure about it at all!! 

How are you? 
  • Aww what a lovely picture capturing that moment! I'm good, got a puncture in my venicci buggy which is a pain at the moment... 🙄 Dunno who thought inflatable tyres should be a good idea! We have been enjoying the sun. We move house next week so the whole place is chaos... Very difficult with a 7 month old baby! 

• Arden is doing good. Still got no teeth at all. He’s learnt to say gran, well it’s more like “GAN” but he stares at David’s mum as he does it so I think he means it 🤷🏼‍♀️ Other than that he’s still not rolling, desperate to walk. 
    Have any of you ever done swimming lessons for babies?
  • Yeh I took Logan for a while to lessons at the local pool, was a bit pants cos it was exactly the same every week so I gave up figuring I could take him and do the same stuff at a more convenient time for us. The lesson time was right in the middle of nap time.