Forum home Babies Baby

January 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Wow that was long!
  • Aww Zoe, I wish I had some constructive advice for you. I Honestly have no idea! Have you thought about starting your own thread on here and seeing if anyone been through similar? 
  • Col, I think I might. We’re both so saddened by it. Do you think it’s something I could talk to the health visitor about? 
  • I think it’s worth mentioning to the Health visitor they might have advice.
    this might sound odd but could it be Simon’s smell she doesn’t like? His aftershave or body wash or deodorant? 
    I don’t think I could leave her if she’s so upset she’s aggravating blood vessels, that seems a bit much. 
    When you start weaning could Simon maybe give her her food? Or snacks? And if you find something she really enjoys like messy play or painting could he get on the floor and get involved with you both so she associates him with fun? 
  • We’re definitely letting Simon give Evie food when we properly start next week & we play everyday all togetherwhich is fine until he gets too close or I walk away, A lot of people have said about smells but we use the same shower stuff & shampoo etc the only thing different is deodorant... I guess he could try wearing mine. I definitely think it’s preference with Evie... she just LOVES me! But she needs to learn daddy’s just the same, it’s just getting her to realise xxx
  • Oh @Zoenew just catching up on the thread. Sorry to hear about the troubles with Simon and Evie. Is there anything you can do which gives Simon a specific task, just for him and Evie? Like every night, have him bath her? Maybe if he got in the bath with her? Or how about reading her a story before bed every night so they have their own little 'thing' together. As with all babies, hopefully it's just a phase, and this too shall pass... 
  • Oh gosh zoe, i didn't realise it was to that extent 😥 my eldest used to do that when he cried, a stress rash and burst blood vessels. Yeah i would speak to health visitor and encourage Simon not to be discouraged by it, shes doesn't understand either poor little mite xx
  • So you think she dosent know?? I’m starting to think she’s so aware. When he gets home from work she follows him everywhere with her eyes & she gets aggy because he’s there! I tried to get Simon to help bath last night but she just stop splashing about and laid still. It’s like she’s scared of him. Simon was crying at dinner last night. I just think we’re going to have to be so persistent for this to change and reading story sounds fab! Simons bought her books 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • She has an awareness but she can't understand or process it, it does sound like she's scared. Is she like this with anyone else? 
  • Aw Zoe my heart breaks for you. I sincerely hope she gets over it asap, the reading is a good idea. I don't think it's anything personal it will be something silly x
  • Not really but I don’t think she’s a huge fan of men in general like my older brother played with her but she started to get aggy and didn’t like being held by him. Just can’t understand how she isn’t used to daddy!  Thanks girls! I’ll stop banging on about it now 🤦🏻‍♀️ Xxx
  • I was terrified of men as a child! All of them! Think I just liked the woman sing songy voice etc to feel comfortable. That's what my mum said anyway. In any case, it was a phase. My eldest daughter went through a phase of being so clingy to be (like obsessive) that she would cry till she was sick when other people lifted her up etc. Again, she grew out of it.

I think the story is a great idea but with you in the room, so she can see you are there since you're her safety blanket ❤️
  • Someone needs to tell this boy to just slow down 
  • What's up Chech? 

• Sorry! Previous photo didn’t load 
  • Omg no way hes standing on his own!! Clever boy!! Awwww bless him! 
  • Ahh that's better! Aww look at him  such a big boy! 💚
  • Thanks Col, that’s reassuring... as hurtful as it is, we just need to ride this out.
    hppefully we haven’t got too much longer to wait! 

@Chech WOW! that’s nuts lol! Evie finally rolled back to front yesterday 💗 bless her, she’s been trying for so long. Even let out a little 💨 it was so much effort 😂 
  • Wow Arden look at you!!! 
  • Evie is 6 months today! Anyone still got baby in their room? Evie’s still in her Snuz pod. She rolled back to from the other day too 👏🏻