Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

August 2019 Babies

Replies

• Oh my goodness!!!! Look at your babies! Both soooo cute! Love the photo shoot pics @EmJ3 she is so gorgeous!! And her hair is amazing 😍 x

aww bless him under the water @Sebsmummy my friend took hers to water babies at 2 weeks and it’s something I’m wanting to do! So good for their development. Thinking later this year I’ll start it, however I can’t wait to take Autumn swimming for the first time! She loved bath time yesterday so I’m sure she’d love swimming even more x
  • @jades2409 I will take him once weekly once I have the all clear from the GP, my son has private swimming lessons in the school holidays and his teacher wanted to take Dexter swimming so took him in yesterday. With my eldest we had swimming lessons from 12 weeks and by 5 he could swim 20metres. I will be doing baby lessons with Dexter as soon as we can get a space but until then will just start myself, only issue aw have at the moment is swim schools want them to wear a reusable swim nappy over their disposable and he is too tiny for the smallest size! It covers most of his body! We may have to start with a swim wrap instead!
    Out of all the baby classes you can do I would always recommend swimming its such a good skill to learn
  • @Sebsmummy 20 meters by 5!! That’s amazing! Well worth getting them in while they’re young. It’s so useful and I agree, definitely a good skill to have! Yeah the only thing with water babies is waiting for a space to come available, that’s why I’m thinking of getting her in for the winter time. They have lots available then and she’ll be around 4 months x
  • @sebsmummy that’s amazing for your little boy! Definitely want to do little swimming lessons with the Matilda. I want to do baby massage too.xxx
  • Hello ladies.
    Hope you all and babies doing well...great picture
    I am doing baby swimming at home,also baby gymnastic and stretch. It is so beneficial for babies. Cai is holding his head fully now and also started to roll from tummy on his back..
    We been to the sea side yesterday. My older boys spend lots of time in water and Cai had his feet dipped too 😊
    Growing way too quick. Next week he is having his jabs:( I m scared of it already,hate when  he cries,but needs to be done
  • Hello ladies, can’t believe all but 3 babies are now here!
    ive bought caboo carrier as my little one has reflux, so I’m struggling to put him down as he’s in pain most of the time. I love that I now have free hands but it does make your back ache, think I need to do some yoga! xx
  • I love my caboo. Using it a lot especially on days out or quick walks to local shop.
     Yoga helps me.witj back pain a lot,but also I am trying to keep my posture (harder during night feeds) 

I am really struggling to loose last few lbs...think to go back to dieting and strong exercise
  • @ThuperRah is the wrap all ready made up? Or do you need to wrap it your self? 
    @Sebsmummy thats amazing and super cute. I’m not looking forward to the day my husband goes back to work. This first week is already pretty much over so i’m already starting to panic a little bit lols. My daughter is really struggling with me feeding her brother as she is feeling left out. I was also kept in hospital a few night so i think every time i leave the room she thinks i’m not coming back. So tomorrow we are going to try do something really special for her. 

@EmJ3 those pictures😍. They are so cute.

@Jade she is a cutie. 

• ThuperRahThuperRah Regular
    edited Aug 23, 2019 5:34PM
    @ZoieS no, the wrap is just one long piece of stretchy fabric. Pretty easy to tie though.
    Esther had her first trip away, down to Somerset to meet her other grandparents. Mother in law is receiving hospice care at home for terminal cancer so they haven't been able to travel up to visit us. We then dropped the eldest 2 with my parents and had a week with just the 2 young ones, it was very quiet at home!
    Pic of all my children with my in-laws 😍

• Hi ladies I'm struggling with the thought of my OH going back to work next week any help would be appreciated on how to deal with this. I'm unable to drive due to having a c section so mobility is a bit limited other than using public transport. I'm probably worrying over nothing but everytime I think about it it sets my anxiety off a little bit. I had the same when I went on maternity leave but I soon came to terms with it within a week. Xxx
  • @Sarahjh34 it is stressing thing. 
    But think you don't need to go away a lot with baby. Just take it day after day and Don't stress about little things
  • @Sigsauer yes I know I'm trying not to think about it whilst he is still on paternity I think once he does go back to work I will be ok just need to keep busy and focus on me and the LO. I have a CBT meeting on thursday so I will mention it to her as I have found they have helped me over the last few weeks with my anxiety. Thankyou for you kind words and I'm sure I'm stressing over nothing xxx
  • I’m feeling a little bit the same @Sarahjh34- my hubby goes back on Wednesday and I had a section too. Feeling a bit trapped with my other 2 children and just got back from the docs because my caesarean scar is infected. I’ve had flu like symptoms this weekend then noticed it was bleeding a little this morning.

is anyone else missing being pregnant? Even though I adore my baby, I’m feeling a little sad that I won’t be pregnant again. I had bad anxiety pregnant and due to previous losses, it really wasn’t a nice 9 months but feeling your baby moving and kicking is just magical!!!
    xxx
  • @EmJ3 sorry to hear you have an infection hope you are feeling better soon. I'm not sure whether I'm still suffering a little bit with the baby blues I'm not sure how long they can last for and I'm hoping that with me feeling a little anxious it doesnt turn into anything more I'm just trying to stay positive at the moment. I miss being pregnant also and it was my last pregnancy too. I have older children which are a help but are not around all the time I hope to get into my own routine once OH is back at work. I have found the recovery of my c section really good I had no pain after a week and feel ok just wish I could drive xxx
  • Yeah @Sarahjh34, I know what you mean about driving. It just makes you feel a little more trapped. Do you have family near that you can walk to or that will come to see you. I’m gonna try to use the no car as a positive to walk and lose some baby weight. My c-section recovery was absolutely fine till this weekend which is annoying because it’s been over 2 weeks!!! Never mind!!! I’m sure it’ll heal soon!

i keep thinking that this doesn’t have to be my last baby but it goes really! Haha!!! Hubby defo thinks 3s enough and I think we should count our blessings rather than pushing our luck. Plus financially, nursery is a fortune!!! Haha.xxx
  • @EmJ3 I dont have family close but lots of friends that are on hand if I need support plus I go to a counsellor but havent been since I was pregnant as they like to give it at least 4 weeks after birth to see how you feel. Yes this is defo my last one even tho I opted out of the sterilisation during c section I couldn't do it people had told me the recovery was alot harder and emotionally alot harder too I struggling with emotional side of things as it is couldn't handle it being any worse. I'm gonna go to doctors in the next week and see if I'm ok to drive coz I feel ok and I have no pain at all now so I'm hoping I can drive sooner rather than later. Xxx
  • Yeah I couldn’t do it either. You just never know do you. Once the choice is taken away, I think it’d be emotionally difficult. Glad you have lots of support. Yeah defo see the doc. I read it’s about insurance. You have to check if there’s a clause in your car insurance to say you have to wait 6 weeks. If not, I think it’s fine.xxx
  • This was my last pregnancy also but I nu I am not missing it.  Never liked to be pregnant. 
    Think I am experiencing some sort of postnatal depression...I can't get used to my new body.really hoping I will be better with weight loss after my older boys will be back to school and all this school run walks will help more
  • @Sigsauer- you’ve only just had a baby which is a magical and amazing thing. Try to give yourself a little bit of time. Your body will be back to like it was before soon enough. I intend to do lots of walking too but my infected c-section scar is slowing me down. I’m trying not to focus on it too much and have given myself a goal of Christmas🎄. Don’t they say 9 months pregnant, similar time to get back to normal??? I know lots of women take a smaller amount of time but don’t put too much pressure on yourself because hormones etc will play havoc with you and it’s not good. 
    Are you following a diet like ww or sw? I haven’t started yet but definitely will next week when the kids go back to school!!
    xxx
  • @EmJ3 SW and we not working for me. I was on Keto before pregnancy and think I will start reduce my carbs again...will not do as low as 20g cos of breastfeeding,but lower it. Planning to start now as after 8weeks milk supply is established and I can start reducing carbs. Also I used to have 2h workouts everyday before pregnancy, obviously no I will not be able do it for so long but hoping for t least 30-40min.
    Christmas is my target also...but would be nice to drop some weight till start of October,as  we booked Christening and I would love to fit in my dress