Forum home Babies Baby

August 2019 Babies

Replies

• Totally get it @Sigsauer, particularly if you were working so hard to keep slim before. I’ve had to diet since forever. Lost 7 stone for my wedding 8 years ago and had to work at it a lot since. I also  have to reduce carbs for a decent weight loss. They just don’t agree with me at all. I have a lot to lose after this pregnancy though! I need to actually get on the scales and face the music. 
    I was hammering the gym when I was trying to get pregnant too so really need to up the exercise again!!!
    October is a nice mini goal for a christening dress!!! I always find mini goals or half goals really helpful!!! 
    xxxxx
  • Hey guys, just joining in this side now my little man is here! How is everyone? Rohan is 5 days now and I'm just learning how to be a mum still 😊 I'm not gonna lie; I'm shattered and my stitches hurt so much bit getting by and learning as I go. How long before everyone took their little one outside for the first time?
  • Hey @ChellaKutti01 did you have a natural delivery or csection? That will have an impact on when you can go out.

My little boy was born on a saturday evening and we went out to the shops monday morning and have pretty much been out every day since. He is now 3 weeks and 2 days, hes been to soft play, swimming, bowling, shopping, restaurants, bbqs, today my elder son is away so I'm making the most of being able to have snuggles on the sofa!
  • Hello everyone! Hope everyone is well and all these babies are so gorgeous! Can’t believe my Phoebe will be 5 weeks on Friday time flys when your having fun and sleep deprived haha 

can I ask why the ladies who’ve had c sections aren’t driving is it to with insurance? I know some of you have mentioned problems with infection is it to do with that? I’m just asking because the insurance thing is a myth. 

Ive been suffering badly with back problems going to a chiropractor tomorrow I think a lot to do with it is my posture when feeding and changing baby, anyone else been experiencing this 

xxx
  • Cai been born on Saturdays morning,and Sunday we been off to my in-laws to celebrate my others sons birthday. And since then he been for a walk every day. Also took him to seaside and steam train ride alongside with play areas,parks, restaurants,a wedding and church.
    Braving myself and in October taking him with me to Wales Rally ...fingers crossed it will work. Will be funny to run through forest with baby in sling 😂
  • @EmJ3 I been dieting and going to  gym since I was 15. My body hates carbs and after I had Cai I think it's just enough to think about cake or bread and I will put a stone on 😂😂
    I lost almost all baby weight,well 6lbs left but I believe it's my boobs 😂😂😂😂 but right before this pregnancy I put more than a stone after misscaridges...all due to comfort eating and being lazy,but couldn't do anything about it as I was devastated and absolutely broken, so I need to loose at least 1.5st

• Esther had her first paddle yesterday 😍
    Today we had 6 week check with Doctor. All good and she's now 7lb 1oz (5lb 13oz at birth).
    Sorry to hear some of you are struggling emotionally. I think taking each day as it comes really helps. And getting some fresh air/gentle exercise each day. Of course seek professional help if you think it is something more.
    Personally planning to get back on my horse this week as that's my mental health time. I've been feeling a little low but with MIL's illness and various other things going on I think that's to be expected.

Keep the pics coming ladies 😍
  • I have to lose a lot more than you @sigsauer but put weight on for exact same reasons. When I lost my baby last feb, I lost a lot of weight but when I lost again in the August, I just lost my motivation and put on nearly 2 stone before I even got pregnant again. I just couldn’t cope. I’ll get it off again though. I’m determined.xxxx
  • @Lmc92 hi I had a c section and feel totally fine to drive but was unsure about the insurance thing or i had to wait for my 6 week check with doc. I feel like i could drive and want to I have no pain at all scar is fine but dont want to risk it xxx
  • The midwife told me that some insurances have a clause in that says you can’t drive till you’re 6 weeks. You just have to check with your insurance.xxx
  • @EmJ3 @Sarahjh34 yes sorry totally missed the second page of this thread when you guys were talking about that lol yes that’s right my friend phoned her insurance they told her as soon as you feel ready to drive your fine it’s up to you. I’ve been driving from week 2 of my c section xxx
  • @EmJ3 I am feeling determined too..been for a run today...only 15min,but better than nothing. And from tomorrow I will start reducing carbs....first of all cutting down on sweets, biscuits and cakes...switch them to fruit,nuts and veggies...hope I will be able to stick to it
  • Morning ladies!
    From all our night,that are usually very good,apart few times when he was fully awake during night,last night was like from nightmare,my body is all sore,my had is banging...well lots of coffee and paracetamol....
    But most horrible that Cai having his jabs today and tbh I don't know what to expect with that new set of jabs...fingers crossed Calpol will help. My two older boys been very sleepy after jabs,secretly hope Cai will be same. Just sleep over all nasty things that comes with jabs. And I might catch a bit of sleep with him
  • @Sigsauer hope he is ok after injections and you manage to get some sleep. The weather doesnt help with babies waking my little one Noah has been finding it difficult during the day very light sleeping and taking more milk every 2 hours instead of 4 luckily he has been ok during the night xxx
  • We live by the beach and all my kids swim before they can walk lol

• This is my little one Noah he is 2weeks and 5 days... time going so quick 💙💙
  • Got my photos back from my maternity shoot and newborn shoot, here’s just a select few xx
  • @SaoirseK and @Sarahjh34- beautiful babies!!!! Time is going so fast, I agree! Too quickly!!!!

Awww they’re gorgeous pics @MummySmith21. Such lovely memories to treasure!!!
    xxxx

• @Sarahjh34, still can’t believe 4 babies were born on 9th!xxx
  • @EmJ3 I know it's crazy... going too quick I have a very hungry baby at the moment I know he was only small at birth but now feeding 3-4 oz every 3 hours. And he has a bit of constipation which is frustrating as I have been told I cant give him cooled boiled water which can sometimes help xxx
    @MummySmith21 beautiful photos xxx