Forum home Babies Baby

August 2019 Babies

Replies

• Does anyone else have separated stomach muscles? Mines gotten worse since my 2nd pregnancy and i never really sorted it but its causing a lot more back pain now. 
  • Hey ladies! Not checked in in a while! The cut I had driving labour had now finally healed thank god! Feeling much better. autumn is now 3 weeks old today! Time flys and all that! Baby blues have settled and I’m loving every single minute of it! It’s just so amazing! Hope your all doing well! @SaoirseK sorry I can’t comment on the muscles but I can definitely say I have a kangaroo pouch that’s definitely not going anywhere anytime soon! 😂 I’m learning to embrace it all tho! My little Autumn enjoying a nap yesterday x

• Awww she’s so cute @Jades2409!
    glad you’re enjoying it- me too!

@SaoirseK, I don’t know what that is so I don’t know if I have it or not!!! I really want to lose this baby weight though!
    xxx
  • Morning ladies!
    All babies are gorgeous.
    @SaoirseK I had this last time and sorted it with yoga for diastasis recti
    But it can stay lik that up to 3 month postpartum
    @EmJ3 you can check it yourself- lie on your back with your knees bent and feet on the floor. Put one hand on your belly, with your fingers on your midline at your navel. Press your fingertips down gently, and bring your head (shoulders stay on the ground) up into a mini crunch-like position. Feel for the sides of your rectus abdominis muscles, and see if and how far they are separated. Separation is commonly discussed in terms of finger widths -- for instance, two or three (or more) fingers' separation.

I see tiny progression with my mum tum...yoga breath and plank starting to work....but o am so out of shape...before pregnancy I could be in plank for good 2min,now I am dead after 30 sec
  • Cai felt horrible after his jabs..Calpol hardly helped him,but now he is back to his usual self....
    Today my older boys are back to school so Cai will have new routine.
    And I will start serious fight against babyfat
  • Morning ladies. Oliver is 12 days old today. We didn’t have the best start with me being in hospital and only came out Saturday. 
    I’m very very emotional. He has had a really bad couple of days. He won’t settle. We do everything but nothing working. He doesn’t wind very well. so I’m sure he is doubled up in pain. Tried all different ways to wind him, slowed his feeds and had breaks whilst feeding. He hardly brings anything up. We got infacol as thought it may be colic. 
    Anyone had the same or can help? 
    Im so teary as I feel all over the place at the moment and lack of sleep is not helping.
    I feel useless at the moment 😢

Hope everyone well and babies doing well. It’s crazy we are in September only feels like yesterday I was joining this site with my BFP xx
  • Are you bottle feeding @Blondielauz? If you’ve tried infacol for a few days then you might be better telling the midwife. Have you got anti-colic bottles? I know there’s different milk that’s supposed to help with colic. I find Matilda winds better if I lie her back and bring her back up a couple of times. I feel for you because it’s awful when they’re so uncomfortable!
    xxx
  • @EmJ3 - yeah bottle feeding, and we are using the MAM anti colic bottles. I’ve told a few midwives even one that came this morning. They don’t seem to bothered. Just suggested winding him more throughout the feeds but we are doing that already. 

I dont know if its because we was in hospital for nearly a week so he was on ready made milk, then coming home he is on powder so maybe that had bunged him up a bit as they say the ready made milk acts as a laxative. 

Just hate that that he must be in pain and can’t get this wind out. I know it’s in there as I can hear it bubbling around xxx
  • Awww the poor little thing @Blondielauz . It’s awful isn’t it. Keep winding loads like you’re doing but if it doesn’t get better, try the doctors! could it be an intolerance to the milk?xxx
  • @Blondielauz yes I had same issues with phoebe and she was constipated too Aswel as the wind issues what food is Oliver on? I had phoebe on cow and gate and changed her to aptamil ‘comfort’ And haven’t looked back since.. I had a week stint in hospital too and felt so overwhelmed when coming home it was very strange but it does get better just hormones are everywhere and the sleep deprivation doesn’t help! Your doing great big loves to you xxx
  • @Blondielauz my little one is the same with the wind and crying too like in pain I told my midwife and she didnt seem too bothered either I just wind more often through the feeds and change nappy half way through feed that lies him down and when he is back upright it comes right up xxx
  • Ah thanks @Lmc92 - Oliver is on SMA  & @Sarahjh34 I’ll give that a try!! I’ll try anything as it’s really upsetting when you know they are in pain with the wind but can’t make it come out.  xxxx
  • @Blondielauz my 1st was on sma and it just didnt agree with her at all. Wind and constipation all the time. Maybe try a different milk?
  • @Blondielauz Noah is on cow and gate was gonna change him to SMA but his stomach seems to have settled a bit more today all he has done is sleep. Over the last couple of days I have upped his feeds from 3oz to 5 because he was always hungry I thought that might be the reason why he has crying because he was feeding more and his stomach was getting used to more food. Xxx
  • Which one do you guys like for a canvas on my living room wall? So undecided 
  • @Andreag1990 The second one where your eldest is looking up

I just got my photos back too... 82 of them... so tricky to choose which to print! I cant share them on here as the files are too big unfortunately 
  • Thankyou!! I’m in love with them 
  • @Andreag1990 I think first one, however both are absolutely stunning. X
  • Hi everyone, the babies photos are gorgeous. For those of you whose babies have colic, if you've not tried it already, look up on YouTube 'tiger in tree baby hold'. This really helped me with my second baby who really suffered. I also swear by stopping mid feed, and holding your baby under their armpits in front of you, and gently sway them from side to side so their legs drop down, so they are almost vertical and stretched out - this sometimes helps the wind move down or up their bodies. 
  • Love the pics @Andreag1990. There’s something about the first one that wins for me. I think it’s the way your daughter is holding the baby! Too cute. They’re all lovely though.xxx