Forum home Babies Baby

September 2019 Babies

Replies

• Harvey finally arrived today at 11:50 after a rapid delivery will update all later just so glad it's over x
  • Ahh great news, congratulations! 💙
  • Hi All, how's everyone getting on with their little babies?! If I'm honest I'm struggling with my emotions, must have cried every day, feel like I don't have a clue what I'm doing & then feel guilty for getting upset! Don't get my wrong I love her to pieces, just exhausted I think. 
    Has anyone been out with formula fed babies?! What's the easiest way to take a bottle out, would love suggestions please? X
  • Hiya,
    how old is your little one now? I was the same, crying and feeling like I couldn’t look after Jack myself, I was so anxious about his dad going back to work. It lasted about 2 weeks then once he’d gone back to work, I felt so much better because I realised I can do it. Hopefully it’ll pass soon for you. Have you spoken to your midwife/health visitor about how you’re feeling?

Jack is on SMA and I take out the ready made cartons and a sterilised bottle for him ☺️ 

x
  • @Jonesy23 yeah I think ready made will be the way to go! Did you heat up or just give at room temp? She had one the other day and it seemed to go straight through her, bless her. 
    Darcies 10 days old, I did speak to the HV today as I just suddenly burst out crying whilst she was here but she's said it's normal and to just keep an eye out over the next few weeks that I start to feel better and not worse. How's Jack sleeping? I'm up every 2 hrs in the night for at least an hour and half! It's a shock to the system definitely haha x 
  • We use the ready mades when we go out, I just give at room temperature same as the prep machine makes bottles. 

How much milk milk is she having abi? Every 2 hours must be tough at night, maybe she’s having a growth spurt? 

Sofia is over 5 weeks old now, she’s slowly starting to stay  awake a little longer in the day now. Still being really good 💕
  • Awww what a cutie @Lizbragg35! She has between 4-5oz every feed, she's a proper hungry baby though, never full but doesn't seem to get belly ache or anything. X

• Darcie Arabella 🥰 x 
  • Awww she’s beautiful 💕💕. How much did/does she weigh? She’s eating really well already, doesn’t she seem satisfied after she has it? 
  • Jack is sleeping 3-4hours now, and has 4-5oz each feed. He was waking every 2 hours when he was 2 weeks old and then started to go a bit longer so hopefully like Liz said, Darcie is just having a growth spurt and will soon start to sleep a little longer for you!
    I give him the ready made at room temperature. My friend gives her baby it a bit warm though, she asks the waitress in the cafe for a jug of hot water and just put the bottle in there for a bit when we were out last week.

they are both very cute 🥰

Is Sofia quite settled when she is awake during the day Liz? 
    Jack tends to be awake for an hour or so in the morning, and then is awake for a couple of hours in the evening. He’s been very chilled out tonight.

How do your babies cope cope with the bath? Jack loves it up to now 🥰  

• Hi ladies hope all you mommies are fine.we have been home since monday trying to get into new routine.we had some problem the 1st 2 days with our feeding but then we picked up. I am so in love with him and my little girl starting to accept him as she sees that u still love her the same as before. I am breastfeeding and my milk came quicker than i thought and feels sore.liz and abbi beautiful babies.
  • Yes she’s really settled. We have a few hours in the day and then late afternoon, early evening she has a few hours awake. This may sound bad but I’ve not bathed Sofia yet, I was told to leave it as long as possible when born as it helps there skin and I have terrible eczema so want to be careful. I’m going to try this weekend I think but she hates nappy change so don’t think she’ll like the bath. Has anyone cut there babies nails yet? I’m terrified to do it but really need to as they’re very long. Can you file them instead?
  • Jonesy he’s so handsome 💙

pam I’m so pleased your home and all doing well. Did you know you was having a boy? Do you have one of each now? 
  • OMG Pam his hair in amazing. So cute 💙
  • Yes liz i knew i was gonna have a boy and now 2 boys and a girl.6 year old boy 3 year old girl and zack 3 days old 
  • I have a tiny nail file, it goes on a little ring on your finger so you and gently file theirs. Here is the link ... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wearable-Finger-Newborns-Snap-Off-Disposable/dp/B07SFWN27G/ref=asc_df_B07SFWN27G/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=210278244384&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8940810721036263692&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045249&hvtargid=pla-780409330480&psc=1

I have only bathed Jack 3 times up to now, they don’t really need it at this young age do they, but now I know it relaxes him I’m going to keep doing it once or twice a week ☺️

Ahh lovely Pam! Glad you’re home and getting settled