Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

September 2019 Babies

Replies

• How many day did the cord take to go off ?i really dont like seen it. It looks dry but the inside  looks wet and the say to leave it alone.

Zack loves his bath he does not cry but just like sofia he doesnt like nappy change.

Did your babies have alot of gas the 1st days because zack  seem to cry alot in the night and the only thing that helps him settle is to either have number 2 or burp or bring out gas.
  • Hello everyone. We're putting together a project about Rainbow Babies, and we wanted to ask, if you have a Rainbow Baby, would you be happy to share your stories with us? If so, please do come and post them on this special Rainbow Babies thread - we would so appreciate your help. :blush: 🌈👶
  • Hi ladies,

How are you all getting on?
    The health visitor has just been for the first time in 2 weeks. Jack will be 5 weeks on Thursday and now weighs 10.9 🙈 he has put on over 1lb over the last two weeks, little chubster!
  • Aw that’s amazing! Lottie is turning into a little chubster too. Not sure when our next weigh in is. She’ll be 4 weeks on Friday. The time is going so fast. It was hubbys first day back in work yesterday. I managed to get myself to a breastfeeding support group thing hoping to meet some other local mums. There were only two other mums there with babies lottie’s age but they were child hood best friends and quite a bit older than me so a bit tricky to get in with. Was still nice to talk to other mums and hear other people’s birth stories! None of my friends have children yet. I’m dying to get to some baby groups and meet people but a lot don’t seem to start until they’re 3 months old. 
  • Hi girls, sorry for the lack of posting. Been busy enjoying life being a mummy. 

Sofia is doing amazingly. She’s 6 weeks old now. Still sleeps so much and on 4oz still but she’s following her weight line well. Still in newborn clothes but has proper chubby cheeks. Will post some pics of her. Have her 6 week check tomorrow and taking her to baby sensory, although I’m sure it’ll be pointless as she’ll no doubt sleep through it lol. We have her first smile, she’s only done it twice so far and only for me but I’m sure it was an actual smile. 

How you all doing? 😊
  • Ahh Liz she is lovely. How long is she sleeping at night?
    Jack has been on one tonight 🙈 he has not stopped whinging since about 5pm, I am so close to giving in and trying him with a dummy. Do any of you use a dummy? 
    He’s usually very good and is content just being awake in the evening and looking around but we have the odd time when he is like this and I’m wondering if a dummy would help. 
    I am also going to put him in a sleeping bag tonight for the first time, I’ve been too nervous to up to now but he’s kicking his blankets off and it’s cold at night now isn’t it 😣 
  • She sleeps well at night, has a bottle around 10pm then one around 2am, 6/7am then will sleep in until 10am. She’s still very much feeding every 4 hours, a few nights she has gone longer but I think due to her low birth weight everything will take longer. I really feel for you when they’re being whiney, I’ve had one evening like that a few weeks back and I was the same but next day she was back to normal. Ive not given a dummy yet but don’t be scared to try him if you think it’ll help.
  • Ahh that is good, gives you a chance to get things done in the morning doesn’t it while she is sleeping 😄
    Jack likes to get up between 7-7.30am no matter what time he had his last feed, he doesn’t always want his bottle then, he just wants to be up and out of bed. I got up at that time every day when I was pregnant, I wonder if he likes to be up because I got up at that time 😄 

He’s just gone nearly 5 hours between feeds for the first time! I guess he wore himself out doing all that crying earlier 😂 
  • Aw she’s beautiful Liz!
    glad you’re both doing well ladies.

Lottie is 4 weeks today and the past two days has started properly smiling. She’s cheeky though she only does it during the night 🙈 you’re not meant to make much eye contact with them in the night but as soon as we pick her up and she clocks our faces she smiles tonnes 😂 she settles well in the night. I’m still exclusively breast feeding (with a bottle of expressed milk in the day) so she cluster feeds in the evening, goes to bed around 9 then sleeps till 1am but then does 2 hour stints after that till 7:00am my husband is up for work then anyway so I usually open the curtains and let her know it’s day time or if I’m shattered I’ll put her back down but she doesn’t last very long!! I feel really well - not overly tired at all but wish my body would tell my eyes 🙈😂 my eye bags tell a different story. 
  • This is her being a cheeky pants in the night 🙈
  • Aww look at that cheeky face 😍 so cute!
    Im still waiting for a proper smile from Jack, I’ve seen a slight glimpse of one over the last couple of days but not as big as Lottie’s smile just yet! 
    Have you both started to get out and about with the babies now? Everything takes so long to do doesn’t it 😆 no more just popping out to the shop quickly!  
    I can’t imagine him not being here with me now 🥰 
  • Hey, 
    Sorry for the lack of posting, been so busy with the baby and catching up with family and friends. 
    Hows everyone getting on? Sofia is all good, up to 8lb 11oz now which I think is fab considering she was 4lb 11 at one point. She’s still small but gaining as she should be. She’s 8 weeks old on Tuesday, how quick has that gone! She slept for 8 hours in one go last night, so pleased. She still sleeps for like 20 hours a day though. We had her first smile too, although she’s very selective about who or when she does it for. Pic of her looking cute 🥰
  • @Lizbragg35 nice to hear from you and Sofia, time goes so fast she is already 8 weeks old. She added weight you can see you the 1st picture and this one. She is beautifull and really doesnt look small she is perfect and she is a great sleeper.have she already had her shots??? I am dresding that moment with zack.today he is 3 weeks old i dont sleep muh but i do get some sleep and he smile to me because i play alot with him since he can see me know.
    I hope everyone else is fine and that babies are growing nicely??
  • Aw glad to hear you’re both doing well!
    Lottie has got a bad chest at the moment :( yesterday wasn’t very nice at all. We ended up taking her to out of hours because she couldn’t cry it was so bad and she kept coughing and choking. She’s now got some antibiotics. She sounds much better today. Still can’t cry but she’s much much happier in herself. 
    I’m upset because she’s 5 weeks old and this is the second time in her life already that my sister has passed on a cold/cough to her. She has two young boys you see so she kisses them when they’re ill. Doesn’t tell me that they’re ill then meets up with me and Lottie and kisses Lottie. 
    Might sound harsh but if she’s not going to tell me when her little ones are ill then I’m not seeing her for 3 weeks until Lottie has had her injections and is old enough to have some medicine. 

• Hi ladies,

nice to hear from you all! 
    Glad Sofia is sleeping well. The longest Jack has gone between feeds is 6 hours, I’m hoping it’ll slowly get longer now. He’s 6 weeks old now.
    Oh Alice, people with colds are driving me mad! I hate people touching his face and kissing him, it makes me want to just take him back off them and let them look at him from a safe distance 😂 hope Lottie feels better soon, it must be so hard seeing them poorly. My sisters little one had a virus and I made her stay away for almost two weeks 🙈

so lovely that Zack has started to interact with you Pam 🥰 Jack is doing little smiles now but not all of the time.
    He has started to take 6oz at times now, the health visitor is coming tomorrow so he’ll be weighed again.
  • Another good night from Sofia, slept from 10-5:30, had a bottle and went back to sleep. She’s just starting to stir now. 

Pam - how is Zack sleeping? Good I hope. 

Alice - I hope Lottie feels better soon, I bet it’s so scary seeing her ill. I’m the same with my sister, she had 3 kids and they always seem to have a cold, I’m like stop kissing her, wash your hands haha. 

Jonsey- that’s fab jack is going 6 hours sometimes, makes such a difference. You’ll have to let us know what he weighs, Sofia is still on 4 oz, a lot of the time she doesn’t finish them but have noticed in the afternoon she cluster feeds a lot having 2-3 oz every 2 hours. 

We are off to baby sensory this afternoon, let’s see if she stays awake for it. 
  • Well @Alice2801sory to hear about Lottie's chest but i agree with you because it happened to me before i stayed with my daughter 4 day in hospital and your child in pain is not fun so do what is best for lottie.hope she gets better soon.bless her
  • So Jack is 11lb2oz now, he is 7 weeks tomorrow. He’s been a bit funny with his feeds today, he’s not had an much as usual and has been crying during his feeds so I’m not sure if he’s decided he doesn’t like the milk or if he has just had a bit of tummy ache. How often do your babies have a dirty nappy? Jack goes over 24hours without pooping sometimes 😕

I’m going to be brave next week and start going to baby groups, then he has his injections the beginning of the week after 😢