Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

September 2019 Babies

Replies

• What a fab weight jonesy! 

What teats is he on? Maybe he needs a faster one? 

Sofia has been crying loads the last few days, like she’s in pain. I can’t work out if it’s colic or if she has a bit of a cold. Either way she’s not been happy at all!! She has her jabs on Tuesday, not looking forward to that at all 🙁
  • He has size 1 teats at the mo, I am going to get some size 2 this weekend. 

How has Sofia been today? I hope she doesn’t have colic 😞 it’s not nice at all for baby or parents apparently 😢
  • I think she does have colic, cries most evenings 🙁. She’s so good during the day and once she’s a sleep for the night. Bless her. 

Do your babies like there bouncy chairs? Sofia still hates hers so I bought her a swing, also hates this too. Cries as soon as she goes into it!! So frustrating. I’ve seen the 4moms mamaroo which I think she’d like but it’s like £250 and I’ve already spent £140 on seats which she hates so can not justify it. 
  • Awww @Lizbragg35 sorry that sofia has colic has has it too and he cries alot, he only settles after he passes wind or poop. You can do tummy massage, put a warm cloth to help her settle if you dont want to introduce her to meds.
    Zack hates every baby seat , car seat , mamaroo whatever name it he hates it and its so fustrating. I cant take him anywhere by car coz he cries like hell.

• Ahh sorry to hear your babies are suffering ladies 😔 it must be horrible hearing them cry in pain.

Jack is ok in his bouncer seat for about 10 mins, then he cries to get out. It’s plays music and vibrates so I thought he would like it but he much prefers to be flat on his mat.
  • Definitely in the colic club too! Haha. Darcie cries after most feeds for like an hour it's awful. Now got the colic bottles and colic drops it's getting slightly better most of the time. X
  • Jack has started being really fussy with his feeds. He will take 2/3oz, then I stop to wind him and he screams as if he is in pain and refuses to have any more 😔 I don’t know if he has now started with colic too but he’s doing it at every feed. I switched to w size 2 teet incase he wanted his milk faster but he is still doing the same thing 😔
  • So we all seem to be in the colic club then, yuck!! She’s been a little better the past few days. 

Had her jabs today, omg they are brutal. 3 jabs and drops in her mouth. She cried so bad she had proper tears, I cried too 🙈. She seems ok so far but keeping a close eye on her. 

Shes 9 weeks old today, I keep getting anxiety about how quick it’s going and already dreading going back to work which is ridiculous as it’s still like 10 months away. I will 100% be applying to go back max 4 days if we can afford it. Think I mentioned it before but my hubby is being made redundant, has been there for 33 years so quite a shock for him. Need to see what sort of job he can get before I decide what to do. So much change for us this year 😊
  • Awwww poor Sofia bless her, how is she doing now @Lizbragg35 no temperature i hope.i am dreading those shots too i have been watching videos about it.
    Ladies your babies have colic now zack started just a week after we got home.
  • Lottie is normally great during the day and night she’s just taken to having a fussy two hours between 7pm and 9pm.
    It’s hard work but I justify it as she’s tiring herself ready for bed 🙈 she’s seems to have set herself a bed time for 9:30 every night. It’s so funny how?! Like tonight she was absolutely shattered and crying at 8pm and she nodded off on my shoulder for 5 minutes then she wakes up, we bath her and feed her then put her in her crib and she will lie there staring at our bedroom door for half an hour before she falls asleep! 
    I had her weighed this time last week and she’s gone from 6lb12 at birth to 9lb10 😊 she’s becoming a little chunky monkey and she’s exclusive breastfeeding so I’m really pleased she’s doing well. 
    We have our six week check up today. I’m dreading the 8 week injections 😭 I know I’ll be a mess and I can’t stand the nurse at our doctors 😔 
  • How was Sofia after her injections Liz?

How is Zack getting on Pam?

Ahh Lottie sounds like she is doing great 💕
    Jack seems to have made his bedtime around 8.30! I like that  they are getting in to their own routine already 😄 

We didn’t have a 6 week check, they’ve changed it to an 8 week check here and will do it at the same appointment as his injections! We have the health visitor coming today to do his weight and measurements and then injections on Monday 😫
  • Ah wow lottie sounds like she got a great bedtime routine.

Zack is doing fine, he is 4 weeks and still spoiled ,he sleeps in my arm most of the time before i put him down and has never falling asleep by himself. For my defence id like to say its hubbys faults🤭🤭 anytime zack cries he would pick him up so now he loves cuddles , he is breastfeeding only and we got the health visitor next week so we see how he is doing.
    He is starting the baby talk and its so funny when his sister talks to him then and sings then he tries to answer.
    Jack seems to be be a good baby and doing fine.
    Liz how is Sofia doing?
  • We’ve had a nightmare since her injections, she’s non stop cried and has such swollen legs. Also had a reaction to the plasters they used. Today she’s been a little better bless her. Not nice. She’s due her next ones the day before we are going on holiday!! Will post a pic of her leg. 

Hows everyone getting on? 
  • Aww poor Sofia 😔😔 is she ok now? Did you give her calpol?
    Jack has his this morning, I really don’t want to take him 😄🙈 
  • Awww so sorry about sofia i guess she is part of that 1 percent . Hope she is better now.
    Jonesy23 be strong and hope it goes well , am a coward so am gonna be out the room till he get his 3 shot with daddy then feed him straight after and he gets cuddles. Let us know how it went.
  • Jack was ok during his injections ☺️ He did scream but soon calmed down, and the doctor was pleased with him during the health check ☺️ We’ve come home, he’s had some calpol and his bottle and is now sleeping. It wasn’t as traumatic as I thought it would be 
  • Great jonesy you give me hope for myself🤭 
    Zack has his on the 19th hopefully all goes fine
  • How’s he doing now jonesy? 

Sofia is a lot better, sleep all day Sunday and yesterday was virtually back to normal so all good. She’s 10 weeks old today!! How is that even possible. Slow down time please!!
  • He’s ok, he was upset yesterday evening but has slept well through the night. He’s not taking enough milk though. He usually has 5-6oz each feed but he’s only taking 3-4 at the mo 😕 hopefully that will improve today.

glad Sofia is getting better! Are you going to reschedule the next injections incase she isn’t herself when you go on holiday? Where are you off to?