Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

September 2019 Babies

Replies

• How’s he been today? I wouldn’t worry about him taking less, Sofia has days where she’ll take more and some days a lot less. 

We are off to Cyprus, can’t wait to get away and have some sun again. I’m more a summer girl than winter! The nurse said this one was just the one and not the one that makes them ill so hoping she’s ok. 

in other news she’s sleeping practically through the night, goes about 8 hours now which I’m so pleased about and always goes back off until around 10/11 in the morning. 10 weeks old today, how is that possible!  
  • Hi everyone,

how are you all? how are your babies getting on?
    Jack is 10 weeks old on Thursday, it’s going so fast! He seems to be going backwards with his feeds and sleep though. He was draining 6oz each feed a few weeks ago but now takes ages to take 5oz. He’s still having approx 30oz a day. I’m going to get him weighed tomorrow as he hasn’t been weighed for two weeks. 
    He was sleeping around 6 hours through the night before waking for a feed but now he is waking 4-4.5 hours again 🙄 he has his bottle and goes straight back to sleep so that’s great, but I thought he would be sleeping a little longer by now. 

have any of you had a period yet?! I’m still waiting for mine 😕
  • Hi jonesy, 

Sofia is drinking less too, max 20 oz a day but she is going so long at night, 10 hours without a feed and still sleeps so much, I would say like 21 hours a day!! Worrying me a little. Getting her weighed on Friday. 

Shes 11 weeks old today, agree it’s going too fast!! 
  • Pic of the little monster 
  • Hi hope everyone is okay and the babies as well.
    Jonesy zack is 6 weeks old i dont know how much he take because am only breastfeeding hit as for the sleep last week he started sleeping like 4-5 hours but for the past 2 days he is going back to 2-3 hours i dont know why.
    I have not had my period still waiting like you last month i had some spotting but that was it and yesterday when i was wiping i saw a bit but nothing.sorry for the details
  • Oh re periods, I had my first one about 3 weeks ago, so so heavy it was a joke!! 
  • Ahh Liz she is a cutie! It’s amazing how much they change each week.

hmm maybe they just eat more and want it more often when they are having a growth spurt 🤷🏻‍♀️ Who knows, it’s worrying though isn’t it! I worry about everything all the time 🙈 
    We are going to baby massage tomorrow for the first time.
    have either of you been to any baby classes yet?
  • Hi everyone, it's the annual MadeForMums Awards soon, and we're looking for judges to test out a variety of products for pregnant women, babies and parents (buggies! Wipes! Baby carriers! 100s of products!). To signup to be in with the chance of being a judge, please see Latest Discussions. 🤞
  • Lottie is 8 weeks old now.
    had her injections yesterday. Wasn’t nice for one minute and then she was totally fine :) 
    i’m still exclusively breastfeeding. She was going down every night between 21:00 and 21:40 and waking for her first feed anywhere between 2 and 4 then up again just after 6 which I was happy with and would give anything to have back! As she’s suddenly the last week gone back to being like newborn and waking every 2 hours. So it’s been midnight, 2, 4 and 6 😴😢 
    hoping that she is having a growth spurt and will ease off again soon. I can cope with it pretty well until I get ill or have a headache then it’s really difficult. 
    Shes changing all the time now, smiling and making all different noises and reactions. She gets cuter and cuter every day. 
  • We started baby massage on Monday too @Jonesy23
    lottie slept the whole time though so I just had to watch 😂 
    I’ve been going to baby sensory on Thursdays since she was 4 weeks old and I just started a new music class today. 
    There’s not many babies the same age as Lottie. Almost all of them are older. I feel like I’m struggling a bit to meet mums. 
  • What’s going on @ MadeForMums today? 

We’d love to know if you’ll be doing any Black Friday shopping - come and tell us by checking out the thread on Latest Discussions

And in the run up to Christmas, do you do Elf on the Shelf? If so, enter our Elf on the Shelf Competition! WE have 24 prizes to give away! Find out all the details for how to enter here

• Hi ladies,
    how are you all doing? How are the babies getting on?
    Jack is doing well, 11 weeks old now! I took him to get weighed last week, he is 12.7 now, well probably a bit more by now!
    He has his next lot of jabs booked in at the end of the month 😫

how is baby massage going Alice?
    We went to baby yoga earlier this week, and we are starting a Book Start class next week ☺️

Jack is doing quite well at night, he has his last feed around 8pm and sleeps til about half 4, has his bottle and then sleeps til 7.30-8. I can cope with that 😄 

are your babies smiling a lot? Jack has been smiling at me for a while and I’ve noticed that has increased throughout the day recently but he still isn’t smiling at others and he doesn’t really pay attention to other babies when we are at the classes 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Product Test Opportunity! 
    We are looking for 10 parents/carers of children, age approx 6-11 to test a CarGoSeat which is a Group 3 booster seat worth £54.99. There’s a £200 Amazon voucher prize for one of the testers too! To read more about this product test and signup, please head to Latest Discussions
  • Hey ladies,
    merry xmas and a happy new year 😊. 
    How is everyone doing? I can’t believe Sofia is 4 months already, time is flying!! She’s no longer looking like a newborn, she’s filling out nicely, still diddy though in 0-3 months clothes weighing 11lb. She’s discovered her hands and feet and loves to laugh. She’s teething at the mo, any of you girls have teething babies? 
    She’s still a great sleeper, goes down around 9 and sleeps for around 12 hours, I’m sure my time will come when she plays up haha.
    pic of her on Xmas day 🥰. Xx
  • Hi Liz,

happy new year!
    Glad Sofia is doing well. What teething symptoms does she have? Are you giving her anything to soothe her?
    i am really struggling with Jack at the moment. He used to be really chilled out, not phased by anything but now over the last few weeks he is crying a lot, he cries if I take him anywhere new (a friends house for example), he cries when To try to give him his bottle - then goes to sleep and drinks it when he wakes up. He sleeps well at night and does drink a decent amount when he stops crying, has wet and dirty nappies and is alert so I really don’t know what is wrong. It’s making me too anxious to take him out anywhere. I’m supposed to meet my friend tomorrow but I’m dreading it incase he kicks off. He’s 18 weeks and 15lb x
  • Hi everyone! Lottie is 17 weeks tomorrow, can’t believe where the time has gone. 
    We were really lucky with her in the beginning. She’s exclusively breastfed and was sleeping 8 - 2:30 - 5:30 - 7:30 every night which now seems like a miracle as the last few days she’s been pretty bad. I think it’s the 4 month sleep regression. Other than that she’s usually a very happy baby and putting on tonnes of weight and getting more interested in everything day by day. She’s now laughing which is amazing to hear. Hope you’re all doing well! Liz I am so jealous of your sleep right now! 🙈 
    Aw no Jonesy! It may just be a growth spurt and he’s being fussy? Hopefully it won’t last for long and he’ll be right as rain before you know it x
  • Hi All, just after abit of advice, how do you settle your baby at night? She sleeps amazing either straight through or one get up at 4ish. We swaddle and rock still though and she's starting to get heavy!! No idea how to go about getting her to settle on her own! Thanks :)