Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2019 Babies

123457»

Replies

• Options
    AbbiJade said:
    Hi All, just after abit of advice, how do you settle your baby at night? She sleeps amazing either straight through or one get up at 4ish. We swaddle and rock still though and she's starting to get heavy!! No idea how to go about getting her to settle on her own! Thanks :) 
    With both my youngest I have used the same technique where I play white noise put sleeping bag on and put to bed drowsy (sometimes already asleep after winding ) and stroke their head/cheek to comfort them until they fall asleep then gradually bit by bit I stop touching but stay near until they are asleep then eventually with my dd I could leave her to settle on her own.

So far so good with this lo we are at the put down and stay near stage for bed but I cannot reliably get him to nap in the day even though the exact same steps work every night without fault for the last month or so 🙄 so finding that hard, he power naps if I sit with him otherwise will only have a decent nap if hes in the sling but hes getting to heavy too and I haven't yet managed to crack it yet.

But in honesty my 4 lo have been very different so well this may work it equally might not. My 1st dc wouldnt settle and in honesty was nearer 12months when I resorted to a different tactic with him.🤞  though it works for you x

To everyone else I have not been here much been so manic but things are finally starting to settle now xmas is done, hope everyone and their lo are doing well ? X
  • Options
    Hello everyone, we wondered how parenthood is treating you? Are you and the babies well? 
  • Options

Hi everyone, we’ve just launched a product test, and it’s for babies aged 6-9 months old, who have dry or sensitive, or eczema prone skin. There’s a £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs too! If you’d like to signup to take part, you can find all the details here

• Options
    Hi ladies,

how are you all getting on?
    we started our weaning journey a couple of weeks ago! So far Jack has had porridge, different fruits, sweet potato and carrot. He prefers the sweet stuff tbh 🙈 
    would love to hear if you’ve started weaning and what sort of things you are trying your babies with. I’m nervous about it all tbh 🙈. He is 6 months on 29th so I think once he hits that I’ll feel a bit better. The hv told me to start him on foods earlier than 6m so he’s just has purée, I’ve not been brace enough to give him finger foods yet x
  • Options
    Hi everyone, sorry for being so quiet. You will all know how it is finding time with a little one!
    that’s exciting jonesy!
    lottie will be 6 months on the 6th March and is still exclusively breastfed. We’ve started giving her baby rice and porridge in the mornings the last few days.
    we are both now full of cold. So she’s been a bit off her milk today so wouldn’t take her baby rice this morning. Other than that she has been enjoying it. I’ve been trying to make a few of my own purées for the freezer when I can ready. Got sweet potato, butternut squash, courgette & pea and pear so far. Will start giving her bits at lunch time too over the weekend. I’ll let you know how we get on!

I’m having the worst day ever after the worst night ever. I couldn’t breathe 🤧😴 and Lottie hasn’t been sleeping well with her cold either. So I’m exhausted and feel like 💩 
    Hope everyone else is well xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone, quick question - does anyone here use reusable nappies? If so, please do drop me a PM!