Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

October 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Ahh well done. I think he’s inevitable we will worry, as mummies. But you’re doing everything right. Sometimes they’re so sleepy they won’t eat as much as they technically could. But if you’re just waking her up a bit more often for a bit more food that’ll do the trick. I think you’d know if she was jaundice as she would be yellow... but good to get checked. 

I think Ezra lost 10% or 11% and they were really making me worried, telling me I HAD to supplement, I also had to go back to hospital to get him weighed every 2 days until they were happy with his gain. But I just upped his feeds and he soon put it all on. Maybe just a bit slower than the average. 

And Aurelia has only just hit her birth weight, she’s now 7lbs 12lbs, at 19 days old. Which is quite late.  Usually it’s within 2 weeks. 

So those charts are good to see the average, but all babies are different, so I wouldn’t worry unnecessarily. And it’s good they’re doing all the right checks. Is she pooing and weeing a lot? And the soft spot on her head isn’t bulging? And when she cries, are there real tears? 

• Options
    @MrsW92 oh right okay then! Thank you for the advice lovely!

Just been for the jaundice check and she’s passed I knew she would she’s not yellow in the slightest!! But if they are worried of course it’s worth a check. I decided to book my follow weigh in Thursday to go in rather than them come to me because I hated the midwife who came out today. She made me feel Incompetent and like I wasn’t doing a good job. And like I didn’t know my own daughter. Was really deflating! 
  • Options
    Cw92Cw92 Regular
    edited Oct 22, 2019 4:13PM
    @MissW1997 really glad she passed! 

Don't worry you're doing an amazing job, as long as you love her clothe her and feed her you're doing just fine. I dont really like our health visitor she tried to make out cause it's my first I'm not as capable or knowledgeable. Like when I got him dressed after he was weighed a small bit if his Vest was sticking out the top of his grow and she said 'oh mommy hasn't dressed you correctly has she' really upset me as it was the smallest bit that was showing. Hormones deffinatley didn't help but i think they can just be extra critical to new mums take no notice xxx
  • Options
    @Louloubee Rowan was a little slower than average too putting his weight back on. Does make you worry they way they go on, also makes us feel guilty were not doing things right but all babies will get there in their own time. We cant force them can we haha
  • Options
    @Louloubee personally I think some babies are good sleepers and others are not. Is she struggling to bring her wind up?

I remember with Samuel, in the day I had to let him nap on his front and just stay awake and watch him as he wouldn't sleep on his back. We're lucky as Matthew does but I have made the effort to put him down once he's in a deep sleep.  

We've been out today as it's my mum's birthday. I'm exhausted!! So we're the boys.

• Options

A family tradition has begun 🥰🎃💖👶🏼
  • Options
    Yeah I agree all babies are different. Some will sleep well, others won’t. I think she’s bringing up her burps quite well and she’s definitely not as sucky as Ezra was. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We’re just going to persist with trying to put her down. And we’ll sleep train her anyway so we know she will sleep through the night at 3 months anyway. Just hard going now.

We have just bought a new bed with a firmer mattress so that I can properly attach the bedside crib to it. At the moment with our memory foam mattress that’s quite old it dips and it feels unsafe side feeding her. And so I’ve kept the side up which kind of defeats the purpose. So I’m hoping that’ll help me during the night I can just pull her to me, give her a feed and then pop her back in the crib with the sides down. 
  • Options
    sicky**
  • Options
    How was last night? @Louloubee

so I upped Lexie’s oz of milk. I made 4oz bottles so there was plenty of she decided to take it. She took 3.5 oz at half 10. 3oz at 1:30 am and 3.5 oz at 5:45. Little monkey has been awake since though so I’m a sleepy mummy today! But we have her newborn shoot at half 10 😍
  • Options
    Oh man I hope the newborn shoot goes well! Put up photos when you get a chance! 

Last night was much the same, she ate 7:30pm, 8:30pm, 9:30pm then she slept on me (after numerous attempts to put her down!) till 2am. At which point I was shattered so husband did a bottle of formula. She then fell asleep at 3am till 6am!! (3 hours is a record) and she’s been feeding every 1-2 hours since then! 

I’ve got my friend round today to play with Ezra so me and Aurelia have been in bed feeding/sleeping all morning and it’s been lush. She’s such a good friend to come and help out , I think she could tell I was at breaking point! Haha. 
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to tag you above @MissW1997
  • Options
    Hi everyone, hope you all doing well with your babies, I am currently 41 weeks today and still awaiting for my little pudding to make an appearance 😔. 

I am uncomfortable at  night with pressure below and back ach but nothing major. I went for a sweep today but unfortunately my cervix where to high and her fingers when to short 🙈 
    She said the head is low and could feel hair Haha.

She has booked me in to be induced on Monday so atleest I have something to work towards. The wait is a pain and don't feel like I can post on the group as everyone is getting on with there little babies. 

So the wait continues I just hope something happens in the next few days, but the sweep didn't work 😫 

I am also getting frustrated with people saying baby not here yet? Not oh how are you, how are you feeling. These are the people who not once have asked how I am throughout my pregnancy until October came and now they want to know what's going on. My grandparents are thr worst 😡
  • Options
    Is anyone else still waiting for there babies or am I the last 😫😔
  • Options
    Aw @Jodie1993 least you haven’t got too much longer to go now! I can’t imagine what I would be like now if I made it to full term and going over! Very uncomfortable I can imagine though! Good luck and hopefully your baby will be here soon! Xx
  • Options
    Thankyou @Ellie34 your little girl is Beautiful xx 
  • Options
    Thank you Hun 🥰xx
  • Options
    @Jodie1993 Don't feel like you can't post just cause you're still pregnant. I can't believe we were due date buddies! Harvey will be over 8 weeks old before your little one makes an appearance by the sounds of it! 

No too long now. How are you other than the general aches and pains of being heavily pregnant? I'm guessing you've been done with work for awhile?
  • Options
    At night is worse, feel so heavy and cant move much due to how low down baby feels.
    I can't believe how fast it has gone since your little Harvey was born! 
    I called birth centre and said any chance I could try for another sweep before Monday (when I am ment to be induced) she has booked me in on Friday and again on sunday. Hopefully it can just be started naturally rather than induced. 
    I have not been working since April I useto do beauty and sold my business in April so I have been lucky to not work since, I am taking time off from work to bring up the baby and see how I feel when I'm ready to start work again. It was very stressful owning a business and working ridiculous hours a day when I had the salon. Plus I didn't like being around all the chemicals when I was pregnant. It's nice to no I can start work again when I feel up to it and just focus on us and the baby. Xx
  • Options
    @Jodie1993 sorry to hear your suffering but your at the last hurdle now & it’ll all be so worth it. I’m not sure if anyone else is still waiting on there arrival but please don’t feel like you can’t chat this page was a godsend to us all while we were pregnant. Looking forward to hearing your good news soon, hang on in there xx
  • Options
    Preview from today’s shoot... my god she’s scrummy 😩😍