Forum home Babies Baby

October 2019 Babies

Replies

• @SpeedyAce oh I see! He does have a routine then just is a hungry little man!! Have you got a Ewan sheep? That little thing is a bloody lifesaver! So if Lexie starts stirring before 4, I press Ewan and without a doubt she’s back down till 4 or after!
    i also don’t cuddle her at 4am. I lay her on a pillow on my lap... and if she’s still awake after her feed I put her in her crib with her dummy and Ewan and she falls asleep on her own. Such a good girl! 

@Curiosity101 that’s amazing! And you have to do what works best for you and Harvey! And it sure looks like you’ve found it!
    i de-haired on Sunday and it felt amazing!! 😂
    I took Lexie at 4 days old to get my nails done! She was a superstar. She’s since been to eyelashes, more nails, hair. She didn’t cry once at any of them! So I think she’ll be like her mummy and a pampered little lady when she’s older 😂🙈

heres a few previews of Lexie’s paintings for Christmas presents! 
    Mum and dads business logo is red so did their matching bowls and they also have mugs! 

• @MissW1997 your pottery looks fab. We went yesterday to do some.

Also went to the hairdresser's yesterday morning for a colour cut and dry so took over 2 hours. Matthew went to mum's with a bottle of expressed milk and he slept all the time he was there. Think it got to a certain point and they didn't want to wake he as I'd be home soon anyway. I also caught his smile on camera.

• Thank you ladies 💞 she was absolutely fine thank goodness! Her temp didn’t go up at all I just gave her the calpol
    every 4 hours (3 times) like they said. She was more sleepy through the day & just her normal routine at night. Wee soul hated the plasters coming off though as she has hairy legs 🙈 it must have been so sore for her she was screaming 😭 I done it in bath in the hope it would be easier for her. 
    Gorgeous pics @MissW1997 & @Diddlyd beautiful keepsakes 😍
    sorry to ear of your car @Ellie34 today will hopefully be a better day 🤞 xx
  • Thank you @Lmc19xx having lots of cuddles this morning with my gorgeous girlie! So glad your little girl didn’t get a temp and was fine 💖 
    yep today is a new day and I’m looking forward to the weekend, going to some local Christmas markets tomorrow and then on Sunday going exeter shopping and Christmas markets with my mum and dad and it will be Lowen-Mila’s first trip out of cornwall! Xx 
  • Aww lovely have a great time @Ellie34 💞 Paisliè also has her first trip away from home. We are going up to the north of Scotland to my brothers holiday home for weekend. My big girls birthday is Monday & she wanted to come up here with her friends for the hot tub 😂 can’t wait until Paisliè is old enough for a turn of it 😊 she got weighed today she’s now 10lb 3 oz 😱 xx
  • Ooh that sounds lovely! Have a great time! Thank you! 💖 does she! Lowen was that weight a couple weeks ago, I stood on my scales earlier while holding her and it said 12lbs! Not 100% sure that’s right but I bet it’s not far off! Xx
  • @MissW1997 Your pottery trip looked like great fun 😄

@Diddlyd That smile! 🥰

@Ellie34 Glad you're all sorted with the car now. We had our hip clinic appointment today. We missed the first one cause they didn't send out the appointment letter. 😆 Glad to say the ultrasound tech reckoned they both looked normal but they'll be sent to a consultant to double check.

@Lmc19xx So glad everything remained settled. We've got Harvey's next vaccination in a week or two. 😣 Fortunately it's not the Men B booster yet though. 

• I've also just weighed Harvey. By my bathroom scales he's 13lb exactly @ 12 weeks old (5 weeks 2 days adjusted age). 

• Ah I didn’t know you we’re having the hip scan too, why did you have to go? Did the health visitor recommend it? I’m abit confused on her adjusted age, so she’s 10 weeks old on Monday so I thought it was like she’s nearly 6 weeks? Am I wrong? Lol xx
  • @Ellie34 We had to go cause he had a clicky hip when the paediatrician did the newborn check the day after he was born. 

And you're right ☺️ her actual age is 10 weeks but her adjusted/corrected age is 6 weeks. It doesn't really matter for most things other than when you're tracking development. For example Harvey would be a little bit small for a 12 week baby (40th percentile) but if you take into account his adjusted age he's kinda of huge (98th percentile) 😂
  • Ah glad I’m right lol. Ah I see, glad everything is ok. We’ve been referred because of the flat head! The appt now is next Thursday, how do they do the scan? Is it straight forward? Xx
  • @Ellie34 His hip scan was done via ultrasound. Super quick and easy, he basically slept through it even though they lay them on their side to do it. ☺️

• I’ve got a poorly little lady today 😔 she’s got the cold from me (I was rough Sunday-Wednesday) shes sneezy, coughing, not taking her milk very well, and being so sick. She just projectile vomited over me 😔 I’m going to check her temp now. She’s been so grouchy too! So a nice bath, pjays and a pjay day tomorrow so get her better! 
  • Thank you @Curiosity101 glad it’s pretty straightforward! 
    Hope your little girlie is ok @MissW1997 xx
  • Thank you @Ellie34. She’s been rather rough which hasn’t been easy! Last night she didn’t sleep good at all 😔 we were up at 6, she just wanted cuddles! She didn’t feed well at 7:30. Cried so much and wanted one at 10:30 as she was so sick and didn’t keep any down. Dad came over and watched her for half hour so I could do some house work as she’s been so clingy and won’t let me put her down! She fed at 2:30 But only took 2.5 oz. She was a little bit sick at 4. then fed again at 6:30 and took the lot and wasn’t sick at all! Her temp went back to normal by 8am and stayed all down all day! So I think she’s in the mend now. she’s not been sick again. She’s letting me put her down and seems much happier this evening so by tomorrow I think she’ll be okay as we have a baby shower to go to! Xx
    She seems to be back to her cheeky self now 🥰

• Aw glad she’s abit better, hopefully tomorrow she will definitely be much better, its awful when they are sick! Poor thing. Cute pics! She does have long legs doesn’t she, she’ll def be tall I reckon 💖xx
  • @Ellie34 thank you 🥰 it really is horrible! Especially when you can’t help them and just have to comfort them! 
    Aww thank you! I know she’s all legs isn’t she?! She’s still in newborn vests!! but her legs are just too long 😂 I’m starting to think so too!! 💗 hope you and lowen-mila are well xxx
  • Lexie has been an absolute super star the last 2 nights! And she’s also awake more in the day. Yesterday she was awake from 9-11 with only 3 30 min power naps!
    and past 2 nights she’s fed 11pm, 5am and 9am. So we’re getting closer to sleeping through only 2 weeks into sleep training 😍

• Took these gorgeous pics on Saturday! My blue eyed girl 💖 we’ve had a lovely weekend, went to Exeter yesterday, her first trip out of Cornwall and she was amazing as always! Changed my first pooey nappy out though!! Lol!  But actually it wasn’t that bad, luckily we were stopped at costa at cornwall services so they had lovely baby changing rooms! That’s so good of Lexie! I don’t really know how I get Lowen to drop the night feed?! She does go 5 hours from her last feed and Saturday night it was 5 and a half hours, maybe she’ll do it on her own over the next few weeks? Xx
  • @MissW1997 Glad to hear she's feeling better and sleeping well. ☺️

@Ellie34 Lovely pictures, she looks very alert! We're still in the process of dropping the 4am feed. We're down to 2oz and he actually woke up at 5am rather than 4am for it the other day! So I feel like he's on his way to dropping it. ☺️ You're right that eventually they should drop it of their own accord anyways, once they get used to sleeping mostly at night and just napping through the day.