Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

October 2019 Babies

Replies

• Options
    @MissW1997 look at her sooo cute and comfy. Well done Lexie for being such a good girl for mum! You need to teach Aurelia a few tips hehe. 

I’m braving a shopping trip to tesco tomorrow with the two kids and my mum. Not sure how well it’ll go but I’m bringing the sling for Aurelia and we’ll put Ezra in the trolley! I’m just hoping she doesn’t need mega feeding all the time though or it’ll be mum doing the shopping with Ezra, and me sitting in the cafe feeding Aurelia drinking tea!! We shall see. 

She’s just done 1.5 hour sleep so that’s already better than the last couple days. 👍
  • Options
    @Louloubee Lexie was a little monkey last night and took 2 hours to settle! So at 2am (2 hours sleep) I am tired! But hope she’ll settle quicker after this feed. 

Well done you for braving Tesco! Great idea and great that your mum is going with you! I hope it goes great and you manage to walk round a little too! 1.5 hours? Brilliant! Was that in her crib? 
  • Options
    Now that is what mummy likes to see Lexie! 2am feed, winded, changed, settled back down in half hour. I hope girly starts to get back into the 30-45
    minuets routine again shortly! 
  • Options
    Hi ladies, don’t want to talk to soon but I really think this new formula has made a difference 🤞 Paisliè slept from 8 stirred at 11 I went to make her a feed came back & she has went back to sleep until 3am so technically slept from 8-3 then that was her again till 8 this morning. I was told to go up a test size to 3months due to this milk being so thick so I got them today & she’s taking it a lot better now. Really hoping last night wasn’t a coincidence & that this is helping as she wasn’t screaming in pain last night like she usually does after feeds at night. I don’t want to talk to soon 🙈😂
    well done on the weight loss @Loubeelou I put on exactly 1 stone which ain’t to bad I’ve lost 2lb from that this week but that’s not bad considering I haven’t really been trying yet. Once I’m at 6 weeks I can exercise again xx
    @MissW1997 glad Lexie has been good for you xx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone so much for coming over to this thread :blush:
    @Secret9 @jodie1993 how are you guys doing? We're really thinking of you...
    @Lmc19xx how has Paisliè been since the change in milk - are you hanging in there? 
  • Options
    @Lmc19xx that’s so good! Fingers crossed for her on this new milk. Last night Lowen went 5 hours inbetween her first feed then 4 hours after! She’s soooo good, sleeps so well at night time! I have a very contented baby girl and I can’t believe she is 6 weeks old today!! Xx
  • Options

We definitely had some smiles today!! 💖🥰 
  • Options
    @DanielleMFM not too bad thanks! Due date is Thursday and after a cancelled C section it’s back to a waiting game! 
    No signs yet though so think I may end up going over 
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I’m just getting rushed up the hospital for suspected c-section complications. I doubled over in pain at home and can’t stand up straight. I have a high temp and I’m freezing. I’ll let you know how I get on x
  • Options
    Oh flip @MissW1997 please let us know how you get on! It’s so scary that anything can happen! 
  • Options
    And no, that 1.5 hour sleep was on me haha still not cracked the ‘sleeping away from mum or dad’ thing yet. She’ll be 4 weeks on Thursday so I’m going to install a new 8pm bath, feed, swaddle, bed routine and see if that makes any difference. I’ve got a few late nights so will start Thursday and report back!

So good to hear all the babies are sleeping so well! 👍 I do truly think it’s because I’m breastfeeding that she’s not sleeping as well as yours, it just digests so much quicker so it’s natural that she won’t sleep as long as formula fed! But not ready to give up just yet. 

On other news, after two nights of only breastfeeding (no formula) as she was cluster feeding. We tried a bottle last night and she point blank refused the bottle 🙈
  • Options
    So I’m in for the night... on antibiotics for an infection of the uterus. Lexie is staying with mum, it’s going to kill me but I can barely move. When she cried for her feed I couldn’t get to her and it made me cry. I’ll let you all know how I get on tonight x
  • Options

• Options
    @MissW1997 Sorry to hear about the infection. Fingers crossed the antibiotics kick in soon and you can go home.

@Jodie1993 - Oh my gosh! Congratulations! And welcome to the c-section club :smiley:
    there's quite a few of us now! Hope you're all doing well.

• Options
    Baby James Andrew Hough was born 27th Oct 2019 8.2lbs born at 8.17am.

Had a difficult labour but he is fine and we are both still in hospital having test as I have an infection.

• Options
    Congratulations @Jodie1993, he looks very content. Hope you're not in hospital too long.
  • Options
    @MissW1997 hope you get sorted and are on the mend soon. Make sure you take it easy and look after yourself. 
  • Options
    @Jodie1993 congratulations he’s gorgeous. 

@Curiosity101 @Diddlyd thank you ladies! 
    I’m officially admitted now on the observation ward. I’ve had one dose of
    antibiotics and an IV drip. My observations are coming down now which is good as temp was 38.4 and pulse was 125. I feel like i can eat now so have some food coming. My bloods show infection. They said it’s 1 of 2 things. Either infection in the lining of my uterus or a build up of puss on the outside. They need to see how I respond to the antibiotic drip to deem the next steps. Very emotional and miss Lexie but im in the best place 
  • Options
    Oh @MissW1997 you poor thing. You’ve had a rough go of it. Let’s hope they find out what’s causing the infection and get it under control. Try and find out your CRP level. That’ll be interesting to know. Anything over 5 is a sign of infection. When my husband has his appendicitis it was up in the 20’s. You are absolutely in the right place, a poorly mum wouldn’t be able to look after her baby. She’s safe with her nana and grandad. You just focus on getting better please. What on earth happened fur you to go into hospital? Did you go to a&e cus of the pain? 
  • Options
    Oh @jodie1993 congratulations lovely!! He is gorge. You rest up your first night with him and remember to ask the nurses for help whatever time of night it is. That’s what they’re there for! Welcome to the c section club haha! And he was a good weight too 👍 let’s hope they get that infection under control. I had infection after my first labour and c section and antibiotics worked a treat. They might want to keep you in a little longer for obs though.