Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2019 Babies

Replies

• It really does amaze me the difference in advice 😂 like one county says one thing, but another says something else. We were told not to spend time cuddling during night feeds and specifically not to look into our babies eyes otherwise they wouldn't settle back down. It's BS. This time we got a leaflet in the red book about how you should spend time looking into your newborns eyes as it helps bonding! That's only 2 years difference in advice, it's mental!

Just trial and error, it worked fine for us but I guess what works for one won't work for another. Maybe do a patch test if you're worried of different ones and see what works best for your little one?
  • Oh my gosh, beautiful babies!!

Anyone else not in any sort of rhythm at home yet?  My dad comes down to me every morning as hubby has gone back to work and so he makes sure I eat lunch, sorts the washing, etc. When I know I’m going to be on my own for the day I feel really anxious because I’m not sure how I will do stuff. When people message asking how I’m getting on in my head I’m thinking its because they think I’m not coping which makes me feel even more anxious 🙈 
  • We aren’t in any routine, my partner has another week of work with me having a section he’s taken some holiday. 
    Evah seems uncomfortable when she poops but don’t think she’s constipated as her poo is normal she trumps a lot and sometimes just crunches herself up an cries sometimes she struggles to get wind up, do you think it’s worth trying infacol? 
  • That or gripe water I think is what the chemist would advise. We've always used infacol and have given Evan a couple of squirts already because he keeps bringing milk up after his feed. 
  • Yes she does that too, we will pop an buy some tomorrow then hopefully will make a difference to her sleeping too! 
  • Infacol tastes better than gripe water too, and it's got its own dropper so you aren't running around the house looking for a syringe or spoon at 3am lol 

Evan sharted as hubby was changing his nappy earlier. He avoided disaster by about 2cm as it just caught the edge of the nappy. I swear I almost bust stitches laughing so hard! 
  • Omg 2 days old I had Evah on the changing mat which was on the sofa, my partner said she had pooped so I started to change her an the nappy was empty she then trumped an it all came shooting out like a jet wash all over me an the sofa 😂🙈 I hurt my stomach laughing x
  • Imogen waited for her 2nd ever nappy change when it was daddy’s turn the did a big bubble poop just as he was wiping, then a fountain of wee straight after! 😂 she practically always wees or poops as hubby changed her now, but not for me 😅 

we have used a bit of infacol when she seemed to have tummy ache. I thought it worked but my midwife told me it takes a week using regularly to work 🧐
  • Has anyone been solely bottle feeding like I have? Milk has finally started to come through as my boobs are actually solid and keep spiking like little needles. Just wondered if it was normal? I'm already an E cup, they really don't need to be any bigger! 

Really struggling tonight. Evan has been cluster feeding for 3 nights solid and hubby and I are exhausted. 
  • Not sure if it’s normal but I got told cabbage leaves are brilliant at relieving painful full boobs.

leah has been difficult the last few nights. She stays awake for ages and I’m not sure what to do with her. She’s on her play mat at the moment but been awake since her last feed and showing no signs of going to sleep anytime soon!last night she screamed solid from 8-10pm. How long do your babies stay awake for? 
  • About 20 minutes in the day (so it feels!) and 68 hours through the night! 

Have you tried white noise? I finally lost it about 3:30 this morning and put a YouTube video on of a hairdryer. It did the job! 
  • Hallie has completely changed it up on us the past couple of days. She’s gone from feeding 4oz every 4 hours in the day and 5 hours in the night to 4oz every 3 hours day and night. She also will not settle today unless we are holding her. 

I nearly lost my shit last night as she wouldnt settle during her 9pm to 12:30/1am when she will not go down for love nor money - we have to put her in bed with us for her to go to sleep. I’ve tried feeding her, swaddling her, white noise - nothing works! Feel like I’m losing my mind today 🙈
  • We found out last night, Evan doesn't like the light being switch off. After 2 attempts at putting him down, he would wake about 30 seconds after switching the lamp off. So we left it on all night and a good (but broken) night's sleep was had by all. He was up every 3 hours, but settled in between which was at least progress! 
  • I can't remember who, but I recall one of us is going it alone with the baby? Sorry to single you out, but I just wondered how you were getting on? I managed well up at Beverley Knight performing Memories from Cats on strictly just now. 🙈
  • thats What I find with Leah. Nothing works and if We knock light off before she’s asleep she cries so we have slept a few times with the light on. 

Has you seen the advert from Apple with the iPad? I was in floods of tears at it! I also cried when we went to see the Christmas light go on in our town. Hormones are still high 😬
  • Had such a bad night last night Evah just won’t settle 😞 don’t know what’s up with her think it’s a mixture of things x
  • We also had a really bad night. I was very close to crying. Hubby could tell I was losing it and put her in his arms in bed and she settled. 

I dont know if I said this the other day but Hallie has gone from feeding 4oz every 4 hours in the day and 5 hours at night to 4oz every 2.5/3 hours day and night. Any ideas? Wondering if changing her formula might help? 
  • Just scrolled back up, I did post the same yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️ Losing my mind 🥺😫
  • Its probably the start of a growth spurt. With Harper we tracked the "wonder weeks" which suggest there are key weeks that come with sleep and feeding regressions etc. It doesn't fix it, but it at least helps you process it mentally while you put the cereal back in the fridge instead of the milk (like I did this morning!) Lol 

We're functioning here. As in, we are all eating, we are existing on reduced sleep but I've managed to put some washing on and order food shopping, hubby has loaded the dishwasher and steriliser up and this pair have been kind enough to take naps at the same time 😴😂
  • I’m feeling rather guilty reading all these posts about having bad nights, we haven’t had one bad night in nearly 4 weeks. I stick to the same routine day in day out, including 4 hourly feeds which I set my clock to even during the night. He is taking 5oz now each feed

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions