Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2019 Babies

Replies

• @Bluehawaii90 you make me howl 😂😂😂
  • @Bluehawaii90 Haha 😂 I know the feeling ! It’s like they sense food! I’m having a Dominos tonight ... we had Chinese lastnight 😂😂😂😂. I’ll be back to my full term pregnancy body in no time 😂😂😂. 

Yes that’s it, it’s so cramped in the changing room as well. Oh yes I know of mums like that 😂. I do laugh to myself, I don’t get why everything has to be a competition xxx
  • @MrsG101 Jamie started lessons last week. He was awful last week and screamed from the moment we came out the showers, but he did seem cold. This week we had one of the full wetsuits on him and he was much happier, fell asleep as I dried him off 😂, wouldnt even wake for his milk.

I hate those mums too, sometimes I worry other people see me as one but I find myself worrying about their development all the time. There's one mum we know who at a 'mums night out' informed us all that her child would have to move up to the next stage of a baby group as they were 'more advanced'. The child wasn't, but hardly what you say to a group of new mums is it 😂. 

@Bluehawaii90 I think I live on biscuits for that reason. I went to collect something with my sister for nephews birthday this week and we snuck to the pub for a portion of baby free nachos - might be the best nachos I've ever had!
  • Ladies, How much milk is your little one getting through roughly per day?

I'm not making this up when I say Evan has had 34oz milk today across 5 feeds. He's just finished 7oz and is now sucking on his dummy like he wants more. He took 10oz between 7am and 09:30 this morning, I had to make another 3 up after his usual 7 at about 8:45 because he was still hungry. 😩 
  • @Bluehawaii90 normally 25-30oz across 5 or 6 bottles but there have been a few days he's wanted more. Today he's had just under 25oz and I'm wearing most of the last bottle so assuming he's a little under the weather or something. My friends LO takes 40oz a day and has done from 6 weeks, he's tracking the 50th centile so not a big baby, just hungry x
  • @Bluehawaii90 Maybe he’s having a growth spurt? :-) I wouldn’t worry too much, I think the box is a guideline but if you ever get worried you can always take him to weigh in? I don’t know how it works in each area but where we live they have a weigh in clinic a few times a week with a HV. It’s open for a few hours and you just drop in?

@EvelynsMummy6390 I’m going to get one of those wetsuits, worth a shot 😂. Am I right in saying it’s the wetsuit, one of those happy nappy type neoprene pants under and then a disposable nappy? My husband did it last week and I’m doing it this week. Where we go it’s in this local spa and they section off part of the pool, the bit that is sectioned has no steps so you have to pull yourself up and out of the water if that makes sense?! I hate it I feel like a washed up beach whale! 😂. Hubby is coming to watch next week too, it will all be in slow mo 😂😂😂 xxx
  • I swear boys are hungrier. I don't think Harper hit 9oz until she was 7-8 months, by which time she was on 3 or so meals a day. 

I never know what to put little ones in for swimming, it's such a faff. We bought "swim nappies   (//www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C54YX7Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HAnuEbPCRDPS9 )  but then figured it was a bit pointless since I'm pretty sure it only keeps.....solids... in so went on to using the little swimmers disposable ones. 

We always had Harper in a normal swimming costume in pools but a suit for the beach/outdoor pool. I guess when we take Evan the first time I'll just put him in one of those Bambino swim nappies because that's all the others seem to do with boys, not that there's any difference at this age!
  • I always make Evah 6oz every 4 hours sometimes she has it all sometimes she leaves abit but she’s really fussy at taking it lately so I put her dummy in for abit then try the bottle an I have to do it 3/4 times before she actually takes it! Yesterday I had to walk around the room to get her 2nd bottle down her she only took 3oz of her morning bottle. 
    So I finished af last Wednesday started spotting yesterday and now it’s full flow again! Like wtf is going on! 😩
  • @MrsG101 I think it depends on your pool. We can take them in just a swim nappy and the wetsuit but my sister does private lessons so they need to double nappy then wetsuit or costume. I would say for the wetsuit you might be better to size up purely from reading the reviews. Clothes wise we still have plenty space in a 0-3 but went for the 3-6 wetsuit, it's a bit big just yet but apparently they are small made. I'll post a picture to give you an idea. Amazon have some nice girl ones with prime delivery :) 

@Bluehawaii90 we had Evie in a costume too but having to take Jamie to a slightly cooler pool as the baby coach at her one is off with a broken leg right now and I didn't want to wait 6-8 weeks to start him. Im the opposite with feeds, Evie was a right gannet and Jamie isn't bit then they're on different milks which might explain.

@loz27 I wonder why she isn't keen on her milk, we're battling to get it in last night and today but I think he's feeling the effects of the old milk coming out of his system as he's been choking then projectile vomiting down my front. I also had 2 periods fairly close together this month. You just think you can finally get the nicer underwear out and there she is again! 
  • I should say for the wetsuit it wouldn't matter what size I opted for it would be baggy 😂 if he wasn't so tall his waist is still in a newborn with room to spare 

• Every time I eat 😂😂😂
  • @Bluehawaii90 they just want a wee taste. 

Thankfully we aren't there yet! 

• Evening all,

We went OUT out last night. Like actually out. After dark. Back before 10 though and hubby fell asleep while I was giving Evan his last bottle 🙄 He's wondered why I'm in a pissy mood all day lol 

Evan had 11oz of milk for breakfast this morning! He has continued to cluster feed 7-8oz every 3 hours like he's never been fed before. I thought it might have been comfort feeding, but he is properly hungry and really telling the bottle off when he gets it lol he was also shouting at me while we were eating dinner so I dipped his dummy in my lamb stew and he kept spitting it back out for more after sucking on it so hard he had dummy marks on his face for ages 😂

He's really started reaching for things this weekend, but nothing except for his fist and a tea towel is any good for chewing on!

• @Bluehawaii90 Lincoln is doing great on his food, he is currently on two full jars per day and 2 yogurts. He is having 5/6 oz of milk every 3 hours and sleeping 7/8 through the night. I’m actually waiting for my totm Im 2 days late but not actually panicking as yet as I’m telling myself my body still isn’t in sync 😂 
  • @Bluehawaii90 hope you had a nice night out! Men are something else, they never have any idea what they've done, or do and don't see a big deal with it! Evan sounds like he's desparate for real food now doesn't he. Are you thinking of starting weaning?

@Nikkinarno sounds like Lincoln is really coming on! How old is he now? AF is so unpredictable after baby isn't it!

Having a bit of a nightmare tonight. Evie likes to give Jamie his dummy when he cries. Tonight she couldn't find his so she decided to take hers out of her mouth and give it to him, right after eating ice cream and the poor bugger has been inconsolable since. I really feel like I can't cope with this anymore, deep down I was convinced it was an immature gut rather than a proper allergy but I'm starting to think I was wrong if just sharing a dummy can cause this! Pray for me that I get some sleep? 
  • Aww bless them! She's only a baby herself 😭 I guess it would have to be a severe allergy for a (literal) spits worth of ice-cream to have a negative effect? Possible though I guess. Is there someone you can call about it tomorrow? Not sure how allergies work, hubby is allergic to anything green or fluffy but just has a shed load of antihistamines. 

He really does seem ready, but i just don't want to start too early just incase it comes back on my from the HV. I know it won't.

• @Bluehawaii90 she's so good with him she's just a big TOO hands on at times. She's got her dolly and expects me to let her change its nappy and apply real bum cream etc.

I did think it can't have been a lot of dairy but I have no idea what else could have set him off, and the teething powders the other night can't have contained much either I'd have thought. 

For weaning I don't know about you but I feel the HV is taking me much more seriously as its not my first baby and would probably be more than willing for me to wean early this time round. 

• This is taking me back to sitting at my sisters for hours rubbing my nephews tummy before he was diagnosed 😭
  • Hope Jamie is ok an your managing to get some sleep, 
    evah wouldnt have her 9pm bottle she was so sleepy I tried for half hour then put her to bed thinkin she would wake me very soon after, she woke at 12.30 so went 7 and 1/2 hours between that feed longest ever an I was so worried especially when she didn’t have the slightest bit of wee in her nappy but then it had been on 3 hours and she hadn’t had any food?? 
    Hoping at the next feed the nappy is wet wet!! 
  • @Loz27 one dry nappy isn't so bad, it's 2/3 dry or barely used ones to watch out for. Sometimes they can be that asleep everything just stops a while. How's it looking now? 

@EvelynsMummy6390 is he ok with calpol/ibuprofen? Could be a mixture of things annoying him maybe? Evan has started early this morning, 5oz since 5:30, just waiting to put him down as I think he's done for a bit.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions