Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2019 Babies

Replies

• We were told the same regarding teats, I went and bought a bunch of the vari flow one so he can get it as quickly as he wants. We're using the Tommy tippee closer to nature ones and they'll do him until he's off bottles completely. Evan seems to be worse at night to settle, then he'll go a good 5 hours the last few nights so it's really difficult. We honestly nearly called 111 last night because he was clearly in pain with his tummy. My mum had him yesterday for a few hours and of course he was "absolutely perfect" but she swears by gripe water when they are really struggling, I figure I'll get some of that and try it with him.

With any luck the Christmas tree is going up today, with the help of a toddler....this could end two ways 😂
  • I might try those then we are using Tommie tippee anti colic I just tried the no2 teat as I had them what came with the bottles. Evah had a really good sleep 6-10 which is when we wanted to go to sleep lol typical, 
    good luck with the tree! We are waiting til next weekend after my partners bday Friday, also going to buy a new one as ours is massive an takes forever to put up which I just cba x
  • Our one is a pain too, you have to put each of the branches on separately 😣 but, we can never settle on the configuration of our front room so we always end up having to fit it in somewhere new each year so I always end up with a boxful of branches left over and a flat tree at the back or side lol
  • Yes ours is like that, we jus don’t have room this year never thought of not putting all the branches in 😂 I usually just squash them all up lol just going to buy like a 3/4ft fibre optic one this year x 
  • Here’s Daddy and Imogen putting the star on our tree. 😇☺️
    Can’t believe she is two weeks tomorrow!
    We are breastfeeding exclusively so every day is a bit up-and-down with regards to cluster feeding and time between each feed, but she usually goes around 2 to 3 hours. Definitely cluster feeding this morning though as she’s now been on the boob for nearly 2 hours non-stop!😂😩
  • Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Dec 7, 2019 11:31AM
    How is it even possible to function at that level? Like what if you need a wee or to change the channel or something? Must be really hard. 

I do feel slightly selfish for not even trying this time, but I couldn't imagine it 😣
  • How is it even possible to function at that level? Like what if you need a wee or to change the channel or something? Must be really hard. 

I do feel slightly selfish for not even trying this time, but I couldn't imagine it 😣
    I keep lots of snacks and drinks around me and the remote controls next to me! 😂
    We are going to try and get to a Christmas fare today but not sure how that will work with this booby monster!
  • @Loz27 this is how ours looks before it goes into its corner 😂😂

• @Bluehawaii90 that is hilarious!!!!
  • Part way through decorating lol you'd never know that half the branches aren't on! 😂😂
  • @Bluehawaii90 that’s genius!

we got to see Santa in the end! First Santa visit at 13 days old

• Haha genius idea blue Hawaii, 
    livylouby that’s the cutest pic x
    edited Dec 8, 2019 8:57PM
    Ladies is anyone else finding that their bleeding keeps coming and going? Mine had gone to reddish brown the last two days but this afternoon it's back to red with tissue type stuff at the bottom of the toilet (tmi sorry). I'm not soaking through pads, it's just like a normal period day I guess. 13 days pp. 
  • Yea pretty similar. 3 weeks tomorrow for me and still going 🤯
    edited Dec 8, 2019 9:37PM
    How heavy? I just went for a wee and again there was like a clot but when I wiped this time, its just worrying me how it's come back on. 
  • If your worried ring triage. They will tell you what’s normal and what isn’t.

i had to ring them as i started bleed five weeks after birth and super heavy! 
  • Mine varies day to day. Sometimes its like a reddy orange colour then another day its a bit darker. I’m also still losing little clots every now and again. I honestly dont know where all this blood is hiding!!
  • Are any of you using a sling? I havent been able to get to a sling library so just wondering if there is a particular one you recommend? Hallie is getting to the point where she wont go down easily and I can’t get anything done.
  • If you find one, let us know which because it's a complete minefield and I'm tempted to get one!

Well last night took a turn for the worse, the bleeding stopped but we are now currently on the children's ward at the hospital with Evan who is being treated for Meningitis/Sepsis. They can't rule either out, so have started him on IV antibiotics since they take 24-48 to work. 

We called 111 as he still was bringing milk up but also noticed little hang nail type things on his fingers that looked infected, so hubby took him to the out of hours gp about 6pm and they sent him over to the hospital and we're currently waiting on an appointment for a lumber puncture 😭 

He's asleep currently, medium temperature but obs seem fine, we keep being told all this is mostly a precaution incase it is the worst case scenario. 
  • @Bluehawaii90 how scary. really hope Evan is on the mend soon, poor little man. Keep us updated as and when you can x
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions