Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

November 2019 Babies

1484950515254»

Replies

• Wow, when I signed earlier it was 5,000 signatures now its 98,000! 
  • I've signed too but being realistic with the sheer amount of money being handed out at the moment. Still we never know! 
  • That would be amazing if they did extend maternity leave. I completely agree about feeling robbed of what I imagined my maternity leave to be. I'm due back in September but have asked if I can go back in October. Waiting to hear back.

I really hope that creches are open a few months before that. It's really tough mentally minding the two of them on my own. I'm sure you are all the same! I get no break at all during the day. John doesn't nap and he is just all go all of the time. All talk, running around, throwing stuff, and won't leave the dog alone. John went to  creche 3 days a week, and it made such a difference. I could have some me time, even though I had Casey, and I could actaully get stuff done. And I could watch TV! First world problems . . . .  Plus, he learns so much more at creche. I forget most days to try and do something educational with him.

Luckily (if that's a good word for it) my husband should be off work again next week, so I won't be on my own. That's keeping me going.

Unless they brought in extra paid maternity leave over here, I won't be able to take any more time off. And to be honest, that paid leave probably wouldn't be enough for us to cover all of our expenses.

The only positive about creche being closed is that we are saving money - for now. I'm just a bit worried that creche will just hike their fees once they are up and running again to make up for the months lost.

• @Bluehawaii90 she wakes up gradually like stirs abit then full on sobs, she keeps itching/pulling her ear quite a lot she had abit of dry skin in the crease which Iv cleaned out but she still itches I know it can be a sign of teething but I might call the gp if it continues today. 
    Did anyone’s baby have colic? We still give Evah the drops we tried her with out a couple of times and had horrible screaming fits in the afternoon. 
    I signed the petition too I really hope they do! I feel as though I haven’t done anything I wanted to with Evah an that way she can get used to seeing people again before I have to leave her with a bunch of strangers at nursery. I’m due back to work 13th July taking 2 weeks holiday making it the 27th July but I have another week available which they don’t want me to take as they want me back ASAP but I’m just going to say I want to take ALL annual leave before I return with the situation we have been in. 
  • It doesn't finish until 20th October. That's us all irrelevant then 🤦
  • @Bluehawaii90 I think it just means it's discarded if it doesn't reach the 100k signatures by then? I hope anyway.

I've been told by a friend that if mum's want the extra time with their baby they would be taking the unpaid portion anyway. That would be great but not all of us have the money for the extra time. I mean - I'd saved enough for an extra month but my dog is a dick so.....

@Loz27 Jamie is similar with the itching and dry skin in the crease. If you can get a hold of some zero base it usually works quite well. I spoke to the pharmacy about it when I was collecting his milk and they said apply that a few times a day and stop putting anything in his bath other than Dermol and that will hopefully help it x
  • Hi everyone,

We've just noticed this thread has topped the 1k post mark, so we have kicked you off a new continuation thread here. Please come on over and click the green star next to the thread title so you don't miss notifications. 

We'll lock this thread in a day or so, so you all have a chance to see this post. 

Also while we're here, during lockdown, we're creating a daily guide for activities to do with your kids, suitable for all ages - if you want to check it out for inspo.

• Closing this thread now peeps. New continuation thread here.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions